What made you smile today? 5

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: What made you smile today? 5

Postby The Mad Collector » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:16 am

at 6 feet (183cm) tall and 8 stone (50kg) he was also pretty difficult to pick up and carry out of the window and to the buyers car, fortunately I still had his box :roll:
One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
The Mad Collector

Postby pip » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:38 am

So long Odin :lol:
'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby Catch-up » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:17 am

He's impressive! Glad he's got a good home, but I can see why you'd miss him.
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby meerkat » Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:21 am

Glad he went to a good home! :clap:
Just a meerkat from The Effing Forest
meerkat

Postby Del » Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:39 pm

wicked woman wrote:
Batty wrote:I'm amused at the individual who complained on Points of View - a tv programme, where you can air your thoughts on any UK televised event - that there were too many programmes mentioning the war.
He cited, as examples, countryfile - which is a programme on the countryside and any significant circumstances that shaped the area, and Dr. Who!

Dr. Who? Does he really think that daleks fighting the germans actually took place??? Good Grief! :lol:

Either there are a lot of strange people about, or some one sits in an office and writes all the letters.

Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
Del

Postby Del » Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:40 pm

The Mad Collector wrote:at 6 feet (183cm) tall and 8 stone (50kg) he was also pretty difficult to pick up and carry out of the window and to the buyers car, fortunately I still had his box :roll:

Was it in the garage... or were you USING it as the garage? :lol:

My dogs! If that fell on a child it would kill the poor little tot.
Del

Postby Bouncy Castle » Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:12 pm

I pity the mother who has to push the pram with baby and that teddy in it!!
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby Bouncy Castle » Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:12 pm

What made me smile today was receiving a lovely, handmade, "thank you" card from Harry, for the soft toys I gave him.

His handwriting is spectacular! :lol:
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

Bouncy Castle

Postby pip » Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:18 pm

Hes a fast learner ;)
'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby Bouncy Castle » Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:28 pm

To be sure, to be sure! ;)

Bouncy Castle

Postby Mycroft Vimes » Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:39 pm

That's some bear,congrats on the sale! :D

I bought a similar,but slightly smaller one for my nephew's birth.
It's still around i'm glad to say,just not anywhere near his room(not surprising him now being 16 and all :lol: ).

Any reason for the name,did he for instance offer an eye to Mimir the giant to acquire the Wisdom of Ages? ;)
'It's just like crop circles. No matter how many aliens own up to making them, there are always a few diehards who believe that humans go out with garden rollers in the middle of the night-'
Mycroft Vimes

Postby Del » Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:01 pm

Big news here.

Now keep an open mind...... Pete is my oldest daughters ex-boyfriend. They still live together and are the best of friends which is great for the rest of us as we all love him and we were all devastated when they broke up. He is like a son to me...But as I said.. the NICEST guy ever! She has a new boyfriend for some time now and he has even made them dinner etc. He is a Personal Trainer and the list of his degrees and accomplishments is VAST. (A born overachiever). Truly actually had to "get past" his body when she first met him (as she likes the long lanky thoughtful intellectual types) but once she got to know him she realised he is one smart man... very well educated and read, and it was his intellect that sucked her in. She did however have to introduce him to Dr Who :lol:

Why am I explaining? Well .... the thing he did last weekend always raises eyebrows... yes even his mum and dad don't understand it... and I am not a "fan"... but I DO know the amount of effort and training he put in to do this and I have alot of admiration for him on that front.

PETE WON MR QUEENSLAND !!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

Oh... I should mention that this is a "natural" competition... not allowed to use drugs or steriods.

Not only his division (he is under 170cm tall) but the WHOLE SHOW !!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

This weekend he went to Melbourne and competed in the Mr Australia competition and WON HIS DIVISION !! :clap: :clap: :clap:

He was beaten for the whole show by the guy he beat last week....

I am SO proud of him!

peteHnewspaper.jpg

Front page!!!

peteH3.jpg

At the comp: yeah even he thinks the over-tan is strange but you have to have it to compete.

peteH2.jpg

One of the pics taken by a photographer as a series
Del

Postby chris.ph » Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:44 pm

good for him, i never had the dedication to diet that much more a comp when i was bodybuilding, going down to 3 or 4% body fat is an incredibly dangerous thing to do if the arent monitored properly, he might look his best and he does look bloody good but he will only be one step away from collapse, which happens quite often in comps, a friend of mine was the british natural bodybuilding champion and he is now a wrestler in america( google rob terry) and the things he used to lift was incredible, im jst going to reiterate that i was natural as well when i was training
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby michelanCello » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:53 pm

Congrats to Pete! :D

@Mad: :shock: Odin is almost as tall as I am! Did someone buy him for at home, or for display somewhere, do you happen to know that?
Listen.
michelanCello

Location: Budapest, Hungary (and yes, I'm sure it's Budapest, not Bucharest)

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:21 pm

That tanning is to show off the muscle definition Del, but that is something else not surprising he won.
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum