Frustration Thread 3

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Frustration Thread 3

Postby ChristianBecker » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:10 am

Tonyblack wrote:By the way - I think you mean nozzle rather than nuzzle, which is something else entirely . . . :whistle:
I think you're right. :D
On with their heads! I'm the clown prince of fools
if you don't get the joke it's your loss
Love and laughter you see are the new currency
'cause greed's coinage is not worth a toss

Exile yourself to the unforgiving continent of Wraeclast!
ChristianBecker

Postby spideyGirl » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:29 am

That's sucks CB. Glad no-one hurt.
spideyGirl

Postby Batty » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:55 am

Glad that you're OK, CB.
You are lucky that it is only the car that is damaged! Will the other driver's insurance company pay for a hire car for you, until you can sort out the insurance and replacement?
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby Selkie » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:23 am

Glad no one was hurt!! Also, glad the other guy actually had in-sewer-ants. It's scarey how many people don't over here!
Selkie

Postby ChristianBecker » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:45 am

Yes, I have a hire car for the next two weeks maximum.
In Germany you (normally) cannot drive without an insurance, since you won't get your licence tags without proving you haven an insurance. Of course some crooks might get around that, but I'm quite sure more than 95% or German car owners are insured.
On with their heads! I'm the clown prince of fools
if you don't get the joke it's your loss
Love and laughter you see are the new currency
'cause greed's coinage is not worth a toss

Exile yourself to the unforgiving continent of Wraeclast!
ChristianBecker

Postby spideyGirl » Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:02 am

I've got a conspiracy theory about Driving Insurance companies :shhh: :shifty: :whistle:

There's an ad on the t.v at the moment which is advertising rewarding drivers with cheaper car insurance if they have a device fitted to their car which can record if they are a good driver or not. I think that at the moment its a dangling carrot to lure the public into taking on using these devices and for them to see what the public appetite is towards them. Then, I'm betting they will become a mandatory part of everyone's insurance terms and conditions without the reward. :think:
spideyGirl

Postby Tonyblack » Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:05 am

:? Don't people watch Doctor Who? This sounds a bit like ATMOS. :o
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby spideyGirl » Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:46 am

Tonyblack wrote::? Don't people watch Doctor Who? This sounds a bit like ATMOS. :o

Oh yeh! :lol: Why didn't I think of that! :geek: :D
spideyGirl

Postby chris.ph » Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:02 pm

glad you didnt get whiplash cb my mrs is still struggling after 10 months
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby AuntyVague » Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:20 pm

Sorry to hear about the accident Christian, but also glad to hear you are ok!

Haven't heard about those 'good driving' devices before...now I can imagine a little box with an irritating voice saying things like 'Ooo, cut that corner a bit fine didn't you? Can't wait for the insurance company to hear about that! And you call that 'giving way' do you? There's another point gone up in smoke!'
AuntyVague

Postby Penfold » Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:35 pm

Glad you're ok CB, which is the main thing, but it's a nuisance having to sort out a new car and go through the hassle of claiming. Are you being hassled by the ambulance chasing lawyers trying to persuade you to claim for an injury you haven't had? (My mum was receiving three to five phone calls a day from different groups offering her a no win - no fee claim and were most disappointed when she refused to go along with the scam.)
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.
Penfold

Postby Tonyblack » Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:51 pm

AuntyVague wrote:Sorry to hear about the accident Christian, but also glad to hear you are ok!

Haven't heard about those 'good driving' devices before...now I can imagine a little box with an irritating voice saying things like 'Ooo, cut that corner a bit fine didn't you? Can't wait for the insurance company to hear about that! And you call that 'giving way' do you? There's another point gone up in smoke!'

Sounds like my ex wife. :lol:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Catch-up » Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:05 pm

Del, I am so sorry about the head lice keeping you from your brother's funeral. As if one or the other wasn't bad enough. Thankfully, they do send kids home here and a letter comes home confirming a case, but not naming anyone of course. We got hit once and I'm hoping it never, ever happens again! It was awful. Thing 2 brought it home and gave it to me. :roll: Hubby and Thing 1 never got it thank goodness, but just being treated and regularly checked for it was traumatic enough. We happily used the toxic stuff you can buy to kill it, and someone recommended apple cider vinegar to help with the manual removal. Manual removal was necessary, but grueling. Felt like my arms were going to fall off after going through each hair on her head nearly individually. Ok, have to change the subject now, this is making my head itch. :?

CB, so sorry about your accident! Sorry your car is a lost cause, but so glad you're OK.
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Dotsie » Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:43 pm

Penfold wrote:
Dotsie wrote:Once I start ranting I won't be able to stop! I can feel it coming on...aargh! Evidence-based medicine!

Maybe Dara O'Briain's rant on evidence based medicine will help. :D

Brilliant, thanks Penners :D

Children bring home what?! :shock:

Sorry about your car CB. And Del, you're right that funerals are for the living. As long as you feel that you've able to say goodbye, that's what's important.
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Del » Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:01 pm

Glad to hear you are okay CB... thats always the most important thing.

We dont have to have insurance here. We HAVE to have 3rd party insurance but that is automatically included in our car registration (for when you do injure a person in an accident). I have insurance..... but thats because if I were to hit anyone you can bet it would be a rare $1,000,000 Ferrari or something.

I have a few dings in my car but even with full insurance the overpayment gap thingie (gods my brain is gone) would cost as much as the repair. :roll: The only time I ever used it fully was when I was slammed up the back by a stupid woman using a mobile phone and it wiped our car out... badly injured me AND my precious girls... they still suffer with terrible pain in their spines and neck. Whiplash is a bugger! We were only lucky that the crash happened two weeks before they decided NOT to pay out on whiplash injuries ever again. (Heaven help the poor people after that date).

Children bring home NITS Dotsie...and more germs on one finger than you have ever seen under a microscope mate! ANd snotty dribbling noses, and dead birds (that they know you might not like so they hide them in thier room for a week) :roll: and and and when they get older they bring home BOYS!!!!! Nasty slimey germy boys that you KNOW, YOU KNOW!!!!!! are after only one thing and who look you in the eye and smile at you like you dont have ANY idea what snotty little slimeballs they are and you are supposed to smile back you are.... but you look them RIGHT BACK IN THE EYE and SMILE :twisted: like "Yeah mate! I know what YOU are up to!" :evil: :D :D :D :D and you cock your head to one side and smile really big when you catch them oggling your daughters cleavage and then they KNOW you are one to them! Oh yeahhhhhhhhh.... nits are the easy part Dots! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Or maybe its harder when she breaks up with the NICEST guy in the world after two years :( :( and you phone him to make sure hes handling it okay and you try to be objective and say things like "Well as long as you are happy darling... and you are SURE you arent going to get back together with him? No? Not for mummy? No? Damn!" :lol:
Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
Del

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum