Frustration Thread 3

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Frustration Thread 3

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:14 pm

That's a pity Del, can you visit later.
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Del » Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:22 pm

I am not a person to sit by graves Dug. He has been cremated and will be buried with my other brother next to Mum and Dad.

Always felt if I needed to say hello to the departed I can do it anywhere. (and I do!) The grave is just where their mortal remains are buried.

Its okay. At least it has sort of reignited my relationship with my oldest brother who I always adored and he has talked to me about coming down to visit me and the girls. So thats one good thing to come out of it. NO idea what the family think of me. :roll: I didnt bother explaining the problem to all of them and have no idea if my brother explained as I have a feeling he thinks it was very "personal". Meh.
Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
Del

Postby Tonyblack » Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:42 pm

We had headlice when we were kids and my dad washed our hair in vinegar and Derbac soap. My dad was manual labourer and had fingernails like chisels. I don't know which of the treatments got rid of the lice - vinegar, soap or fingernails - or maybe a combination of all three, but it worked. :D
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Del » Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:59 pm

Maybe you should sent your dad to my kids bloody school! :evil:

This is the second time in a month I have had to do this. When we were kids we never had them regularly because there were teachers who, if they saw you even touch your head would inspect it and send the kid home before the whole damn school got infected... and they werent allowed to return until it was gone gone gone.

Now it is against the rules to mention it let alone send the kid home. All we get is (if we are lucky!) a note saying that maybe someone has a case in the class and parents should check!

$45 a pop for treatment and I am so paranoid I ring everyone we have been anywhere near in the last week and isolate ourselves until I am SURE not one bug dead or alive is within 500m of our house! And then send them off to school again to get REINFESTED with some poor little kid who's scatching her head raw while a half-brained simpleton of a parent is at the school gates telling everyone the best thing to do is NOT wash the childs hair because headlice hate dirty hair or some other f*&#*d up home remedy involving ouija boards and witchhazel.

I feel like emptying a can of Baygon on them! :twisted:
Del

Postby Tonyblack » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:13 pm

We used to have regular visits from the Nit Nurse when I was in school. And the dreaded steel tooth-comb was a regular misery. No wonder I've got no hair now. :lol:
Tonyblack

Postby Batty » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:33 pm

Head lice hate tea tree oil, so if you have any shampoo containing tea tree, then use that.
$45? Crikey! :o
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby chillicamper » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:37 pm

It's the same here Del. They cannot send kids home with Head Lice. they used to at least send letters around to let you know there was another outbreak of nots - but they are not even allowed to do that anymore! :roll:
Wooden stuff at www.iwoodlovethat.co.uk
chillicamper

Postby Del » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:46 pm

Dotsie wrote:Once I start ranting I won't be able to stop! I can feel it coming on...aargh! Evidence-based medicine!

Its okay Dotsie.... YOU do the evidence based medicine and I will do the "anecdotal evidence"

How my mother cried like a baby the day the last of her children were immunised for polio after her oldest of the 12 had come through having polio in the great outbreak.

How getting measles and mumps and whooping cough left children deaf or handicapped or dead even when I was a child and Mum rushing around baking and mum and dad talking quietly about Mrs so and so losing her boy during the night and dad quietly checking us all out for signs of infection. I was hospitalised with mumps.

Or maybe just sit in the corridor of a hospital while a tiny child is gasping for a breath with hooping cough, when even the nurses are crying.

All of my girls have a full immunisation chart.... and the government took chicken pox off the register and noone told ME it was still in dangerous numbers.... until all three of them got it one after the other.... BAD. Just the pain they went through was shocking. I dont remember sleeping for weeks.

I refuse to be politically correct in any way when it comes to immunisation!
Del

Postby Del » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:56 pm

Batty wrote:Head lice hate tea tree oil, so if you have any shampoo containing tea tree, then use that.
$45? Crikey! :o

I have used every single thing on the market Batty over the years. And I do use a tea-tree spray in the mornings as a bit of a preventative. But the girls have waist length hair (well I cut H's a few weeks ago) and they need a bottle each at $15 of the poisonous "this will take a herd of llamas out with a single drop" stuff.

I remember years ago, there was this lovely little primary school just out of town. Not the school my girls were attending. The principal brought in a truck load of medication and did every single kids heads and all the teachers too.... and basically sent a letter home saying what he had done and that he had had enough of kids with headlice reinfecting others and "sue me! :lol: :lol: :lol: Go Mr Principal !!
Del

Postby Bouncy Castle » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:47 pm

So, did you make it, Del? I'm thinking not.
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby Del » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:02 pm

Nope. :(

I didnt make it. Perhaps it was for the best. I spoke to him a few times before he died, on his mobile, and thanks to our wonderful technology I sent pictures of the girls and myself to him on his phone and he loved that. I am okay with it. I have him in my heart and thats as it should be. Funerals are for the living I have always thought and I can deal with them. At the least I have reconnected with my oldest brother and thats a good thing.
Del

Postby Toothy » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:54 pm

Good to hear you've been able to connect with your older brother now, Del.

Sorry to hear about the pesky lice though. We thought we'd got away with it (neither of us had had them), until one girl joined younger Toothlet's class and the school couldn't alert anyone. Mechanical removal is the most reliable method I ever used (on top of slimey conditioners to stop the little wotsits from hanging on). The topic came up in conversation with the carrier's mum and she mentioned that she didn't keep a regular check on it, only when she spotted one. She should have been onto them every day! Because she was laid back about it, it meant we cleared our kids hair, only for them to get reinfested the next day! :evil: The girl moved to another school the next year and no further incidences arose at the Toothlets' school. QED. :roll:
If all is not lost, then where is it?
Toothy

Postby ChristianBecker » Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:42 am

Lost my car on Thursday. No one injured, though. I was at the end of a traffic jam and the guy behind me was too late and crashed into the rear right corner of the car. More or less tore off the wheel (it's still attached by some metal but the axle is and everything else seems to be broken. The nuzzle (or rather, where the nuzzle goes in) of the gas tank is deformed, bumper broken, the wing scratched and slightly dented. His car is not much better off but then, that's not my problem. My car probably will have to be scrapped and I need to get a new one.
Since I'm not at fault I at least don't have to worry about too many things, since his insurance has got to pay. Still, would've liked to keep the car a bit longer, since it still was in good condition. :(
On with their heads! I'm the clown prince of fools
if you don't get the joke it's your loss
Love and laughter you see are the new currency
'cause greed's coinage is not worth a toss

Exile yourself to the unforgiving continent of Wraeclast!
ChristianBecker

Postby chillicamper » Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:50 am

Eeek CB :shock: Hope you are OK - sounds nasty.
Wooden stuff at www.iwoodlovethat.co.uk
chillicamper

Postby Tonyblack » Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:26 am

The main thing is that no one was hurt - but I do understand how you feel. :(

By the way - I think you mean nozzle rather than nuzzle, which is something else entirely . . . :whistle:
Tonyblack

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum