Unseen giveaways

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Unseen giveaways

Postby The_Discworldaholic » Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:28 pm

Well it sounds like the promotional stuff is going to be varied for this book launch. anyone know of any other promotional stuff forthis book please add below so we all know.
1. Waterstones - football cards not 100% sure of this though.
2. WHSmiths - Special paperback edition of Wit and Wisdom for all preorders of Unseen Achademicals
3. Borders ? will they wont they, they normally do and its normally something different to waterstones will have to find out.
User avatar
The_Discworldaholic
Member
 
Posts: 281
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:11 am

Re: Unseen giveaways

Postby Bickaxe » Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:28 pm

The_Discworldaholic wrote:Well it sounds like the promotional stuff is going to be varied for this book launch. anyone know of any other promotional stuff forthis book please add below so we all know.
1. Waterstones - football cards not 100% sure of this though.


Having been to a certain shop in a certain town, a certain someone has showed me a certain bunch of certain things which could been seen as certainty.... :wink:
Fiendish til the en-
:twisted:
User avatar
Bickaxe
Member
 
Posts: 603
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:05 pm
Location: Newport

Postby The_Discworldaholic » Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:38 am

you certain about that !!! :)
User avatar
The_Discworldaholic
Member
 
Posts: 281
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:11 am

Postby Bickaxe » Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:43 am

I'll get back to you on that.... :D
Fiendish til the en-
:twisted:
User avatar
Bickaxe
Member
 
Posts: 603
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:05 pm
Location: Newport

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:48 pm

<3. Borders ? will they wont they, they normally do and its normally something different to waterstones will have to find out.>

Went into Borders today uptown and asked after checking a copy if they had and inserts or supplements with their copies sadly no they have bugger all buggerit.Image
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
User avatar
Who's Wee Dug
Member
 
Posts: 14659
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:31 pm
Location: Stirlingshire, Scotland

Postby CJDobs » Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:23 pm

This is one of those 'reply when the horse has bolted' posts but Tesco's did the best promotion I think . . It was about £7 cheaper than anywhere else :lol:

I know theres' some harumph about buying books and cd's from Tesco's (really dont know why) but 'purists' are always shouting at me for it.

But what they seem to forget is:

- Tesco's are a lot cheaper in store than anywhere else most of the time
- They are open 24/7, so when on a late night ramble through (as I often do) I am likely to part with money when I see these things on sale.

. . . Still, not sure why I'm :evil: for doing this but my friends do an awful lot of tut tutting. :roll:
User avatar
CJDobs
Member
 
Posts: 67
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:29 pm

Postby Tonyblack » Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:27 pm

CJDobs wrote:This is one of those 'reply when the horse has bolted' posts but Tesco's did the best promotion I think . . It was about £7 cheaper than anywhere else :lol:

I know theres' some harumph about buying books and cd's from Tesco's (really dont know why) but 'purists' are always shouting at me for it.

But what they seem to forget is:

- Tesco's are a lot cheaper in store than anywhere else most of the time
- They are open 24/7, so when on a late night ramble through (as I often do) I am likely to part with money when I see these things on sale.

. . . Still, not sure why I'm :evil: for doing this but my friends do an awful lot of tut tutting. :roll:
I've got to agree! I'm not prepared to wait until the paperback comes out and I simply can't afford the full published price. I always get mine from Tesco as well.

And they've got a habit of putting the books out for sale before the publish date. :wink: (the reason I'm now writing this from Arizona).
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
User avatar
Tonyblack
Moderator
 
Posts: 28832
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:29 pm
Location: Cardiff, Wales

Postby chris.ph » Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:46 pm

i got mine from amazon for £11 thats the cheapest ive seen
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
User avatar
chris.ph
Member
 
Posts: 8622
Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:52 am
Location: swansea south wales

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:30 pm

Two of the cheapest I saw were W H Smith £9.95 and Sussex Booksellers £9.99.
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
User avatar
Who's Wee Dug
Member
 
Posts: 14659
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:31 pm
Location: Stirlingshire, Scotland

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:38 pm

Tonyblack wrote:[I've got to agree! I'm not prepared to wait until the paperback comes out and I simply can't afford the full published price. I always get mine from Tesco as well.

And they've got a habit of putting the books out for sale before the publish date. :wink: (the reason I'm now writing this from Arizona).


UA on http://www.half.com used (well, pretty damn new) for $12.00 US.
Aha! So, Bob's yer uncle... very clever.
User avatar
Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit
Member
 
Posts: 3885
Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 7:25 pm
Location: Byron IL USA and The Quirm School for Young People ... it's genetic, you know

Postby The_Discworldaholic » Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:48 pm

Asda is doing it for a tenner.
User avatar
The_Discworldaholic
Member
 
Posts: 281
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:11 am

Postby proxy10 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:22 am

I hardly enjoy promotional stuff.
proxy10
 


Return to Latest books

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests