Frustration Thread 3

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Frustration Thread 3

Postby wicked woman » Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:25 pm

Calming hugs to you catch-up. :shhh: to your sister.
Of all the forces in the universe, the hardest to overcome is the force of habit. Gravity is easy-peasy by comparison.
wicked woman

Postby chillicamper » Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:52 pm

Hope things calm down for you Catch-up. Sounds like your sister is imagining the worst. Lets hope your B.i.L sister can get some straight answers and get him to the docs to ease everyone's fears. ((Hugs))
Wooden stuff at www.iwoodlovethat.co.uk
chillicamper

Postby Dotsie » Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:27 pm

Men can be a pain about going to the doctor sometimes, even when you tell them it's just to prove that they're not seriously ill so no-one needs to start worrying unnecessarily. I was trying to convince my BIL today that he needs to tell his doc that he's bruising easily, so he can have a blood test and prove that he's fine. Not sure he's convinced though :roll: Hope he gets well soon & she calms down :)
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Catch-up » Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:35 pm

It's Whooping Cough!! :shock: It's unsettling how that seems to be making a comeback recently.

Thanks for all the calming thoughts. It seems to have worked! Things are much calmer there, but unfortunately that was after he booted his sister out of the house. :shock: I told her he owes her one hell of a Christmas gift. And, thankfully, she's got a good sense of humor about it. While my sister, without a doubt, panicked and couldn't be reasoned with. B.i.l. without a doubt dug in his heels and made things worse. I agree with you Dotsie! If he'd just gone back in things would have gone differently. Anyway, high emotions there led to some really bad interactions and I'm very grateful that things have calmed down. Even more grateful to know for sure that b.i.l. will be just fine!
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Dotsie » Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:48 pm

Good to hear! Is there a whooping cough vaccination programme in the US, BTW? We have one, but some parents aren't taking it up.
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Selkie » Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:20 pm

Whooping cough is horrible :( My daughter wasn't allowed the vaccination due to some complications at birth - although I was happy for her to have it, the doctor felt that "if it was his child he wouldn't do it" - and then got whooping cough when she was about 3. It's very distressing. Hope the Things are vaccinated!
Selkie

Postby pip » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:24 am

Damned auiditors are coming. I have to fill in a form of all the data i have produced in the last five years . :shock:
'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby ChristianBecker » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:30 am

Ugh!
Good luck with that, pip.
Filling in forms is such an annoying task, especially if they are long forms with many [insert data here] fields.
On with their heads! I'm the clown prince of fools
if you don't get the joke it's your loss
Love and laughter you see are the new currency
'cause greed's coinage is not worth a toss

Exile yourself to the unforgiving continent of Wraeclast!
ChristianBecker

Postby Penfold » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:33 am

I hate filling in forms but hopefully they will be gone before long Pip.
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.
Penfold

Postby pip » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:34 am

Most of them make no sense . Its not even my job. Its been designated cos everyone is hiding and i wasn't quick enough
'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby Bouncy Castle » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:37 am

Tell 'em you had a caesarian, that usually works, doesn't it? :lol: ;)
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby pip » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:33 am

Not for me :cry:
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby AuntyVague » Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:25 pm

Good luck with the forms and the auditors Pip! What about getting Susan in to deal with them?

I've just decided I've had enough of a distance education course I'm studying and it breaks my heart that I've put so much effort in to it. It takes an average of six weeks to get answers to any of my questions (if I get a response at all) and the course material is woefully out of date. The good news is that I think I've found a Uni with a much better reputation for support of distance ed students and a course that will in the end be much more in line with what I need...but I'm looking at this year counting for little towards the new course. Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things I guess, but I'm not getting any younger!
AuntyVague

Postby Dotsie » Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:24 pm

That's a shame :( I'm a big fan of distance learning, from both sides, and I wouldn't have my job now without it. And I wasn't exactly young when I got it, so try not to worry about that! ;)
Dotsie

Postby wicked woman » Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:54 pm

pip wrote:Damned auiditors are coming. I have to fill in a form of all the data i have produced in the last five years . :shock:

Tempt them with chocolate. ;)
Of all the forces in the universe, the hardest to overcome is the force of habit. Gravity is easy-peasy by comparison.
wicked woman

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum