Question about: The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Tr

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Question about: The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Tr

Postby Conforumist » Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:48 pm

Link:
http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B007PSF ... YIK6Y9EEQB

I'm just about to buy this set, but it does not say whether it's wide-screen, or full-screen; just that it's the theatrical version. Does that mean it's "wide-screen" or not necessarily? I prefer full screen.

Anybody know?

Thanks
The greatest things in life are not things.
Conforumist

Re: Question about: The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Pictur

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:12 pm

Not an expert on DVD speak but I'd imagine it means 'as shown in cinemas' (theaters to our American cousins) and not the 'de luxe' 'extended' or 'director's cut' editions that are out there? :?

There are versions out there that show all 50 of the final scenes shot for Gandalf and Frodo embarking for their final voyage in the West that didn't make it onto the big screen and other stuff of dubious interest. If it does mean as originally released then I'd say it's pretty much fantastic value as they're all whopping long films stretching to 3 hours each more or less :shock:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Conforumist » Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:26 am

Yeah, they are all over 3 hours. I know the 2nd or 3rd one is 3hours and 40 minutes. I just don't know about the format thought. :?
Conforumist

Postby Conforumist » Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:31 am

I called Amazon last night to ask about the format. The girl not know but their return policy is very good. So, I bought both, The Avengers movie and the LotR trilogy.

I also put the first 3 seasons of Babylon 5 on hold at Future Shop. They were on for $9.99/season! :dance:

I hope I get the chance to watch them again soon. ..and I wish they had the last 2 seasons as well. :(

BTW,
I called Amazon by way of their website last night. I was in contact screen and a button on there said "call now". I clicked on the button and my instantly rang! I just picked up my phone and someone was on the line in about 20-30 seconds. Pretty amazing technology.
Conforumist

Return to TV, film, theatre