Whose waiting for The Hobbit?

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Whose waiting for The Hobbit?

Postby HobbitFeets » Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:57 pm

So there's the qusetion, whose waiting for The Hobbit?

I've lost count of the amount of times i've watched The Lord of the Rings films that my wife slaps me when I quote them (sad I know). But with the cast thats there, even if your not a fan it must be worth a watch.

I'm definately going gold class to see this one :dance:
No. I don't imagine anyone west of Bree would have much interest in "adventures."

Nasty.... Disturbing... Uncomfortable things......................Make you late for dinner.
HobbitFeets

Location: South Stafforshire (Between a Rock and a Hard Place)

Re: Whose waiting for The Hobbit?

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:12 pm

Couple of threads got TH going on in this forum already - particularly this one ;)

But yeah - really looking forward to it, though not so convinced with the 3 picture deal it's now generated into. LotR of course was published in a 3 (double) book format so never had any quibbles with that and, like you I watch the buggers frequently but have read the books a lot more (I've lost count but it's in the high double figures if not triple :oops: ).

I'm hoping that they've done a good background research job with the 'untold' stories behind Gandalf's excursion to Dol Guldur and with the pre-Hobbit events with Thorin's father and with the other Dwarvish storyline with Dain in the Iron Hills - potentially there's enough for 3 films even though the main part was in a fairly thin (for Tolkien) tome if they try to stay within the story arcs in canon, but it's pretty much a grubbing around fest in the Silmarillion and Unfinished Tales or some of the volumes from Christopher Tolkien's History of Middle Earth to assemble a decent screenplay to fill 3 movies. But the Jacksons have a good track record mostly so yeah - I have high hopes for it :D
Last edited by Jan Van Quirm on Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Bouncy Castle » Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:47 pm

Why did I know that Jan was going to be the first to respond to this thread?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby michelanCello » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:07 pm

Realllly looking forward to it! :D I just can't believe there'll be three movies... :roll:
Listen.
michelanCello

Location: Budapest, Hungary (and yes, I'm sure it's Budapest, not Bucharest)

Postby Conforumist » Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:40 pm

michelanCello wrote:Realllly looking forward to it! :D I just can't believe there'll be three movies... :roll:

Really!? I thought it was only 2. :shock:
..doesn't hurt my feelings though.
The greatest things in life are not things.
Conforumist

Postby Conforumist » Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:22 pm

They just played the trailer on TV. :)
The greatest things in life are not things.
Conforumist

Return to TV, film, theatre