I don't know if I could have been so nice

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: I don't know if I could have been so nice

Postby Catch-up » Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:52 pm

Considering the parents were "not surprised" shows they knew something very serious was wrong and they obviously didn't do enough to address it. I would expect that only the threat of police action would make it happen now. Perhaps they'd hoped he would involve the police because it would take the problem out of their hands?
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Bouncy Castle » Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:54 pm

Good point.
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby janet » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:12 pm

Bouncy Castle wrote:Good point.

As a parent it's very easy to monitor what your kids are doing online if you care enough. It's not beyond imagination that the troll's parents could have had an inkling but did nothing for whatever their reasons. Not all parents have the stamina to cope beyond birth y'know. Some are so emotionally stunted as to believe that having a baby will solve all their problems.
Doctorum Adamus cum Flabello Dulci
janet

Postby Bouncy Castle » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:17 pm

Ah yes. Relationship going sour? Easy. Have a BandAid baby.
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

Bouncy Castle

Postby janet » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:20 pm

Close to home........have a feeling something like that is going on next door to us....the walls are horribly thin :cry:
janet

Postby Bouncy Castle » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:45 pm

Has anyone (you or neighbours) called the cops?

Bouncy Castle

Postby janet » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:11 pm

Bouncy Castle wrote:Has anyone (you or neighbours) called the cops?

In the past...yes, about their unreasonable behaviour and we've been involved in a concilliation scheme which settled things for a while. Lately the loud arguments we've heard through the wall and outside would make a crow blush and now there are Twitter posts involving 'making babies' in detail...... :naughty: :naughty: Now I can't bloody sleep for the 'When Harry met Sally' sound effects :o so the BBC World Service is very handy most nights.
Not shocked....just tired :|
Edit: I know him next door has been up to trollish behaviour on Twitter but not on the level of the young guy mentioned in the story. Him Next Door is of the ilk of tweeting a young pretty female TV person and saying mildly insulting things.......mind you it's a bit of a shock to stumble by accident on that and realise that it's the bloke next door :shock:
Last edited by janet on Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
janet

Postby Bouncy Castle » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:21 pm

Know what it is like to have loud neighbours, though not in the Harry/Sally sense much.

Have had my floor banged on by the downstairs neighbours, though! :oops: :oops:

I couldn't carry on. The Boyfriend was mucho annoyed.

Bouncy Castle

Postby chillicamper » Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:38 am

Noisy/troublesome neighbours.......yup.....had those/got those :roll:

The last place we lived was a terraced house. One side was a mother/teenage daughter who could argue for England at very loud volume. Luckily they moved after a few months. The other side was a young lady and her boyfriend who were....let's say energetic and vocal. :oops: :roll: We had a footpath running behind the houses and I am sure a crowd used to gather at pub chucking out time to listen to the lengthy 'Harry met Sally' renditions. :lol:

The place we live now is very nice, pleasant neighbours etc.....except one. There is a shared drive that runs between our house and the next, to access 3 houses built behind us. The neighbour, who fancies himself as a property developer got permission to build a house on his small back barden. He was a total git whilst the build was going on, constantly blocking us in despite us asking that access be kept clear in case we needed to get to my son's school because of his medical condition. But the worse thing is his loud voice and drunkeness. He drinks most of the time, you see him going out at 8-9am in the morning to pick up 8 cans of Stella. If his girlfriend is there, there can be lengthy arguments and on numerous occassions, the police have been called - usually by the bloke or his girlfriend, alledging that one has hit the other :roll: So one or other gets carted off screaming then comes back in the morning and carries on as normal. The bloke has even been known to open his front door and pee outside - I suppose because he can't be bothered to get to the toilet????

He has a tenant in the original house, and has been living in the one he built whilst trying to sell it. He still has no luck in selling it after nearly 5 years. Our worry is that even if it sells, he will just kick out the tenants and move back in there - wish he would just sell both houses and move elsewhere!

Everyone else in the road is great. Just one bad apple ruining it at the moment :x
Wooden stuff at www.iwoodlovethat.co.uk
chillicamper

Previous

Return to The Broken Drum