How do you feel today? 4

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: How do you feel today? 4

Postby Del » Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:43 pm

Nah. I truly thought Thal had alot alot more time to go. Him passing so quickly was a shock. The head has been here for months. My doc has always thought it was the build up of stress from the last year (what Jan was talking about ages ago). I am open to any ideas.. though I personally thought it started when I was doing that job for the conference. I thought the headaches were from all the computer work but they eased when in the finally two weeks I took their computer arrangement apart and rearranged my desk so I looked DOWN on my computer and not up at it. By then I believe the damage was done and it just took a while to manifest.
Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
Del

Postby cheery_j. » Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:51 pm

:romance-grouphug: ((Del & the Delettes))
cheery_j.

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:13 pm

Glad to hear the headache's eased off a bit hon Image. These things aren't caused by any one thing and with the amount of stressors you've had over such a long time, I suppose this one with Thal had to be one of the biggies so this release, even if it's temporary is good news.

What a life your brother had - good and bad it was a fantastic mix and if you can now remember the good without the bad intruding too much, then it's good to finally be able to share Thal with your own children and not be needing to see past the worst of him all the time. He's at rest and your own memories can finally settle as well so the positive rises again - bit like this
Image ;)
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Batty » Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:37 pm

Del wrote:Hey ... guess what? I dont have the excruciating 24/7 headaches anymore. :o :o :D :D Still a sharp twinge in my neck but I have somewhat normal feeling in my face again and I can brush my hair without feeling like I am being sliced to ribbons.... not 100% back to normal but hopefully it will keep lessening off. Started to ease a few days ago.

Del wrote:I was told they would kick in after three days and that was weeks ago. I havent taken one for a week so who knows... Maybe whatever was pinching whatever has released its death grip? Still a tiny bit touchy one side but at least I can touch it. In the meantime I am being very very careful and kind to my neck.

Strange that. Do you know that if someone takes (say) aspirin for too long, the aspirin can end up actually causing the headaches?
Could all your meds be the cause of the continuous pain, and by stopping them, the aches have eased? :confusion-shrug:
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby michelanCello » Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:37 pm

Oh, Del... :( I'm so sorry for your loss, big hugs to you and Haydee aswell! Still, I'm glad your headache seems to be better!
Listen.
michelanCello

Location: Budapest, Hungary (and yes, I'm sure it's Budapest, not Bucharest)

Postby chuckie » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:31 pm

R I P Thal. Hugs to you and all your family Del. :romance-grouphug:
Susan did an unusual thing and listened. that's not an easy task for a teacher.
chuckie

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:43 pm

I'm sorry for your loss Del. Have some more hugs Image
A poster outside one shop urged people to Dig For Victory, as if it were some kind of turnip.
Sjoerd3000

Postby chillicamper » Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:52 am

More hugs for Del and family. :romance-grouphug:

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. But thank you for posting such a lovely vivid portrait of him and his life and sharing it with us :D
Wooden stuff at www.iwoodlovethat.co.uk
chillicamper

Postby Penfold » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:50 am

There's not much I can add except that he sounds like a great guy to have known.
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.
Penfold

Postby Catch-up » Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:36 pm

Hugs from me too Del, for all of you. What you've written about your brother is really beautiful. I'm so glad the headaches have let up! Hope they stay away.
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby spideyGirl » Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:48 pm

Sending Hugs your way Del and family! :romance-grouphug:
spideyGirl

Postby Conforumist » Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:38 am

Sooo,
I actually went out and bought "another" keyboard & mouse today. The microsoft keyboard is very good, but sometimes the mouse was not working properly and making me rather crazy.
I bought this Logitech combo: http://www.logitech.com/en-ca/keyboards ... ktop-mk710

The keyboard is also very nice and the mouse signal seems to be good so far. I'm not too crazy about the wheel on the new mouse though. :?
I have not returned the microsoft one yet, just in case.

I know you're all just enthralled, so I'll keep y'all posted. :D

Del,
I've really been reluctant to post anything about your brothers passing. I just don't feel I have the right words to say. I'm deeply saddened by your loss, but I'm also struggling with why he left the hospital. I would like to hope that perhaps he knew his time had come and wanted to be at home, with his family, on his own terms.
You know I'm more of the "prayer" type and I have been praying for you, yours and his family.
The greatest things in life are not things.
Conforumist

Postby CrysaniaMajere » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:35 am

Distressed.. A friend just called me to tell me there's a class reunion tomorrow night, and if I want to go.
She's a dear friend, I mean I haven't met her in at least two years, but still I love her, but she isn't even sure if she's going to make it to the dinner, which is in a place I don't even know where it is (she'll text me the address when she finds that part out) , only that it's down in the city so I'd have to have my bf drive me there and then come back to pick me up and drive me back home.
I don't know why but suddenly this whole thing is freaking me out. What if she's not gonna come? I'm not sure I'll even recognize any of the others, it's been.. I don't know, 10-15 years since I last saw them. What would I do alone with a bunch of people who would be perfect strangers to me?
At first I said I wanted to go, but mainly I wanted to meet her, not the others, I don't even remember who was in my class the last year (I've changed school the last two years).
I just know it's going to be awkward, with everybody knowing each other and just laughing and talking to each other, and I'm gonna sit there and eat (which is not my strong point).
AND it is tomorrow night, not even time to arrange things (like my head).
Sorry for the rant, I think I'll call her and call the thing off.
CrysaniaMajere

Postby Conforumist » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:44 am

Crys' just go! Go and have fun; do something different! It's healthy to get out of your comfort zone. :)
The greatest things in life are not things.
Conforumist

Postby michelanCello » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:05 am

I'd suggest you go, too... the thing with class reunions is: you probably didn't like all of your classmates back then, and maybe you won't recogize them... but if you will, and remember things like "oh, right, it was YOU then that stole my pencil! I still want it back you know..." then it can be fun :) Nice to see how everybody turned out in the end ;)
And it's only once in a lot of years, so you can just get it over with and forget it all happened :lol:

As to your bf: can't he stay? I don't know how it is in Italy, but here it's common for class reunions to bring hubbies/boyfriends/sometimes children... so basically anyone's welcome ;)
Listen.
michelanCello

Location: Budapest, Hungary (and yes, I'm sure it's Budapest, not Bucharest)

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum