unseen accidemicals proofs

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

unseen accidemicals proofs

Postby The_Discworldaholic » Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:59 pm

well im finding this odd, we know there is a UK proof/s of the book out there, but for the life of me i cant find a us copy anywhere, let alone seen one, this is very strange, i wonder if its to do with the subject matter of the book, if anyone has seen or knows where one is please let me know.
The_Discworldaholic

Postby Tonyblack » Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:04 pm

According to Jason in the Discworld Monthly, there's actually very little football in the book (thank the gods!). I don't think it's the subject matter in that case. Are the release dates the same? :?

Edit to add - it's out on the 6th October in the US.
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Jason » Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:53 am

It's down to timing. In order to hit the October release date the US editors decided to reduce the burden on Terry buy taking the UK edited version. Normally the US and UK editions are edited separately and the changes are sent to Terry who makes changes to the two versions.

Therefore no US proof was created. In total only 120 proofs were created worldwide.
TCOM-12 - Ludeum in tympanus
Editor Discworld Monthly
Jason

Postby The_Discworldaholic » Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:58 pm

oh bugger well thats another one i wont be getting in my collection not at them prices anyway unless i win the lottery lol and we all know thats not going to happen.
The_Discworldaholic

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:27 pm

But it might be a million to one chance - quick stand on a chair and do something really random! :lol:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Tristan » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:21 pm

Sorry for the stupid question, but I can't help but wondering, what's a "bound proof"
"...my father is the Emperor of Klatch and my mother is a small tray of raspberry puddings."
Tristan

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:11 am

It's a pre print copy sent to people who proof read it to look for spelling mistakes, grammatical errors or duplicated words anything that is wrong with the book before it goes to the publisher for printing.

Uncorected proof copy in blank soft covers apart for the title with all the details and same size as the hard cover will be.
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Return to Latest books