Weather - or not!

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Weather - or not!

Postby wicked woman » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:50 pm

It would take more than some old thunder storm to scare a mum. Though I can remember my aunt making me crawl under the table with her... Strange woman.

It's raining here, and I should be out hanging banners for the community market at the weekend, got drenched doing one, and there are 7 more to go. :(
Of all the forces in the universe, the hardest to overcome is the force of habit. Gravity is easy-peasy by comparison.
wicked woman

Postby Selkie » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:53 pm

Reverse weather strikes again! It's rather nice here just now - wont last though, never does, but a change from the usual high winds and horizontal rain.
Selkie

Postby Haydee » Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:23 pm

mum show me your picture where you live selkie and mum said it an island. that is so COOL ! :D :D :D :D and you live near the beach and can go to the beach everyday and go swimming . but mum said you can't to go swimming and you get snow on the beach. you can make snow angel :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I love Harry Styles and Zayn Mailk and love One Direction and Cody Simpson.
Haydee

Postby Tonyblack » Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:45 pm

I hope Selkie doesn't mind if I post the photos I took of Shetland when I visited her a few years ago. It is a very beautiful place indeed. Photos. :D

This is a picture of the roof of Selkie's house taken from the loch behind it.

"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Del » Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:14 pm

Oooooooooh! I remember those pics. Thank you for reposting them.

Selkie you are living my dream. If only it wasn't so cold! :lol: I went overseas (the big one) when I was younger with the sole aim to be to go to Scotland. I got there and it was more than I ever imagined, but I got so very ill that most of that part of my trip was spent tucked up in bed in someones attic bedroom as the days sped by and I never GOT to the islands. :(

My greatest regret of my whole trip. Who knows... maybe one day and I will pop in for a cuppa. :D
Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
Del

Postby Bouncy Castle » Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:23 pm

Run, Selkie. Run for you life! :lol:
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby Del » Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:34 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

There's nowhere to run... :twisted: nowhere to hide... :twisted: she lives on an island!!!!

Why do I have a sudden impression of Selkie in her oilskins and hat madly rowing out to sea in a massive sou'wester????

rowboat.jpg
Del

Postby Dotsie » Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:03 pm

Haydee wrote:we had a big storm today. i was scared me and mum sit in the hallway :? mum wasn't scared

I get scared too! I hide under the stairs :lol:
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Bouncy Castle » Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:06 pm

Not in the hutch? :lol:
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby Del » Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:09 pm

Wickedwoman wrote:It would take more than some old thunder storm to scare a mum. Though I can remember my aunt making me crawl under the table with her... Strange woman.

Whats so strange about that??????? :lol: :lol:

I get scared. In the really big storms. Try not to show it to the girls though. This is the least "Brissy Stormworthy" house we have even been in. I have always been in solid brick slab homes since I have lived here and through these storms. (Bungalows?) This one is a highset on stilts. It MOVES. I can imagine my tin roof ending up in the next street.

Wish I DID have stairs to hide under Dots.

Not in the hutch?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Del

Postby Dotsie » Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:13 pm

It smells like pee :oops: Plus, he makes it quite clear that it's his space, I'm allowed in to clean whilst he eats his dinner and that's it! :lol:
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Del » Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:24 pm

Dotsie wrote:It smells like pee :oops: Plus, he makes it quite clear that it's his space, I'm allowed in to clean whilst he eats his dinner and that's it! :lol:

Its okay Dotsie.... we will still love you.... it happens to alot of ladies as they get older.... a few animals here and there... cats mostly but I am sure there are "bunny ladies" too.... suddenly they start referring to the living room or the dining room as "their room"... a faint little whiff in the room... they start collecting a few newspapers (for the bedding) and one their friends come over for a cuppa and the hallway is lined to the ceiling with rows five deep of old newspapers (for the bedding!).. and the second reception room has been roped off "because they needed a little bit more room to play after I got Jeremy...and there is Lulubelle, and Stanley and Rebecca and Sniffy and Mr Plodderpot and William and Snookies and Boo Boo and Aristotle and Thumpy and Wumpy and Bert and Sharon (I named her after you!) and Mr Socks and Benjamin... Benjamin!!!! Get DOWN and out of the china cabinet you naughty naughty bunny you!.. oh and theres Speckles and Wilomina and Albert."
Del

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:23 pm

We are back down to single figures Wet, Windy and starting to get a bit chilly had to close all the windows except one, I suppose our summer's over. :roll:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby chillicamper » Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:55 am

Well....it's stopped raining here for a bit. Clear sky and a drop in temperature to go with it. 7C this morning. How long until the first frost?
Wooden stuff at www.iwoodlovethat.co.uk
chillicamper

Postby Sister Jennifer » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:52 am

I must've imagined I posted a comment about the weather. Del, we had a massive storm yesterday pm as well, big wind, lots of mad lightening, cats & dogs rain. There's another one brewing as I type. I've got the doors & windows still open and there's that beautiful rain smell whooshing through the house. I love storms, not scary at all.

Send her down Huey!
Undead yes -
Unperson no!
Sister Jennifer

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum