How do you feel today? 4

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: How do you feel today? 4

Postby Haydee » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:28 pm

thanks for all the hugs. mum has very sad.i have been giving mum hugs too in bed. morgan made her a cup of tea. im sad because he is my uncle as well. :(
I love Harry Styles and Zayn Mailk and love One Direction and Cody Simpson.
Haydee

Postby Tonyblack » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:37 pm

You can have some *HUGS* too, Haydee. It's very sad but you need to remember good things about your uncle and don't be afraid to talk about him to your mum and sisters. Talking is always good.
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Bouncy Castle » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:45 pm

Hugs from me, too, Little Pumpkin.
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby Selkie » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:48 pm

And more *HUGS* for you all from me too.
Selkie

Postby Batty » Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:09 pm

Haydee, just concentrate on the good and fun things that you remember.
It sounds like he fell off his bike loads more times than you have!

And as Tony said, keep talking about him, and laugh if you recall something funny! :romance-grouphug:
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby Haydee » Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:17 pm

mum tell me funny stories about when she was little and when Uncle Thal was little too.
I love Harry Styles and Zayn Mailk and love One Direction and Cody Simpson.
Haydee

Postby Bouncy Castle » Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:36 pm

That's the best way, Haydee. Keep smiling and laughing and remembering the good times. It will help your mum and your sisters, too.
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

Bouncy Castle

Postby raisindot » Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:39 pm

Very sorry for your loss, Del.

Your obituary of Thal simply and beautifully painted a wonderful picture of who he was, warts and all, and the joy he brought to your life. Thank you for sharing this with us.
raisindot

Postby Del » Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:07 pm

Thanks Raisin. I guess I have given the impression he was just a country boy and in essence he was.

I think I forgot to mention what really drove his life: a love of books and knowledge, and learning new skills. He devoured books. Not those "made up ones" science, medicine, astromony (he could navigate by the sun and stars not through courses but because he spent most of his life outdoors under the stars), biographies, art, world history, the wars, gods.. the list is endless... the only fiction he allowed was poetry (mainly Australian poets). He didnt understand people who asked "What is the meaning of life?" because he thought it was obvious. The meaning of life is to learn, the pursuit of knowledge so that you might further yourself and contribute.

He had the most beautiful copperplate writing. The owners of the big stations and some of the older businesses would hire him to copy their yearly records into the original leather ledgers and books that had been kept since they had been founded, or into the family bibles that had been in their families for generations. Pretty neat hey.
Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
Del

Postby Bouncy Castle » Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:19 pm

Oh wow. What a lovely legacy he's left behind.

Bouncy Castle

Postby Del » Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:56 pm

True... but like I said Bouncy... I am choosing to just remember the good stuff ;)

Hey ... guess what? I dont have the excruciating 24/7 headaches anymore. :o :o :D :D Still a sharp twinge in my neck but I have somewhat normal feeling in my face again and I can brush my hair without feeling like I am being sliced to ribbons.... not 100% back to normal but hopefully it will keep lessening off. Started to ease a few days ago.
Del

Postby Dotsie » Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:58 pm

Del wrote:True... but like I said Bouncy... I am choosing to just remember the good stuff ;)

Like a good sister should ;)

Del wrote:Hey ... guess what? I dont have the excruciating 24/7 headaches anymore. :o :o :D :D Still a sharp twinge in my neck but I have somewhat normal feeling in my face again and I can brush my hair without feeling like I am being sliced to ribbons.... not 100% back to normal but hopefully it will keep lessening off. Started to ease a few days ago.

Brillo pads! :D
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Bouncy Castle » Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:59 pm

Meds kicking in?

Bouncy Castle

Postby Del » Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:14 pm

I have no idea Bouncy.... I was told they would kick in after three days and that was weeks ago. I havent taken one for a week so who knows... Maybe whatever was pinching whatever has released its death grip? Still a tiny bit touchy one side but at least I can touch it. In the meantime I am being very very careful and kind to my neck.
Del

Postby Bouncy Castle » Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:37 pm

Perhaps a reaction to all the stress with Thal over the last few months - a release of tension?

Bouncy Castle

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum