File this under "Headlines that left you speechless"

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: File this under "Headlines that left you speechless"

Postby Quatermass » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:43 pm

Tonyblack wrote:Image

:lol:

I love it! I'm pinching that for my personal collection!
"What have you been doing since you stole that antique TARDIS of yours, since you first landed on Skaro? Shouting 'Look at me!!! I'm not fighting a war!', while you battle the Daleks all the way through space and time."

-the Master
Quatermass

Postby Tonyblack » Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:55 am

Margi wrote:Odd thing, the human brain. We see such an awful thing in real life and know it is terrible, the depths of depravity, and we are shocked and appalled. But we read about the same kinds of things happening in Ankh Morpork and it's all part of the rich and sordid character of the place. We watch murder programmes on TV all the time, and gun fights and chases on film with people falling down ad infinitum: we even make body counts as the films progress, but it means nothing. Simply entertainment.

I wonder what the psychologists make of it? I'm a Quaker for goodness' sake, and I watch the murder movies. Go figure.
Sharlene and I both love murder mysteries - even quite gory ones, but when we both read the cat murder mystery, 'Felidae' by Akif Pirinçci, we both found it very disturbing. Somehow people being murdered is more acceptable to us than cats being murdered. :?
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Bouncy Castle » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:13 am

David Viens, the chef who told authorities he accidentally killed his wife and then cooked her body to dispose of it, said Wednesday he will not testify in his defense.

Los Angeles County Superior Court Judge Rand S. Rubin reminded Viens, 49, that it was ultimately his decision -– not his attorney’s -– whether to take the stand.

“I understand that,” Viens said softly, outside the presence of jurors. Viens is accused of murdering his wife, Dawn, who was 39 when she disappeared in October 2009.

After Viens learned in February 2011 that investigators suspected he’d played a role in her disappearance, he leaped off an 80-foot cliff in Rancho Palos Verdes — feet first, arms raised, screaming.

From his hospital bed, Viens spoke twice to sheriff’s investigators. In both interviews, he admitted to accidentally killing his wife.

There is no physical evidence of what happened to Dawn Viens, but her husband said he taped her mouth and bound her hands and feet with duct tape and went to sleep. When he woke up, he said, she was dead.

His daughter testified last week that Viens told her that his wife choked on her own vomit.

In the second interview, Viens described why authorities never found Dawn Viens’ body.

He said he packed it into a large drum of boiling water, held it down with weights and simmered it over four days. Then, he said, he mixed much of what remained with other waste and poured it into the grease pit at his Lomita restaurant, Thyme Contemporary Café.

Viens said he packed other remains into garbage bags and chucked them in a Dumpster and stashed his wife’s skull in his mother’s attic. When authorities searched there, however, they found nothing.
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby Catch-up » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:12 pm

I have to remember not to look at this thread first thing in the morning.
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Conforumist » Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:34 pm

This is quite rare around here:

Killer whale sighting in Bay of Fundy

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scot ... hting.html
The greatest things in life are not things.
Conforumist

Postby Quatermass » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:12 pm

"What have you been doing since you stole that antique TARDIS of yours, since you first landed on Skaro? Shouting 'Look at me!!! I'm not fighting a war!', while you battle the Daleks all the way through space and time."

-the Master
Quatermass

Postby Quatermass » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:21 pm

-the Master
Quatermass

Postby Sister Jennifer » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:34 pm

The Chaser are a bunch of arrogant arseh*les.
Undead yes -
Unperson no!
Sister Jennifer

Postby Del » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:52 am

Sister Jennifer wrote:The Chaser are a bunch of arrogant arseh*les.

Totally agree..... refuse to watch that show. HOW do they manage to keep getting shows??? :evil: I understand anachy.... but rubbish is a whole different ballpark.

Give them some popcorn I say....

MAN RECEIVES MILLIONS FOR 'POPCORN LUNG'

http://au.news.yahoo.com/world/a/-/worl ... corn-lung/ :o I had some last night!!!
Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
Del

Postby Tonyblack » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:59 am

What's The Chaser? :?

As for Paris Hilton - I'm always amazed that anyone takes any interest in what she or her ilk say or do. Her comments are based on ignorance and prejudice - did anyone really think she'd have anything intelligent to say on the subject?
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Del » Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:03 am

Tonyblack wrote:What's The Chaser? :?

Not telling you.... you might go watch their rubbish and that would validate them.
Del

Postby Quatermass » Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:54 am

Del wrote:
Tonyblack wrote:What's The Chaser? :?

Not telling you.... you might go watch their rubbish and that would validate them.

Piece of sh** Aussie comedy show/satire program. More famous for getting into deep sh** with the authorities and the public than for outstanding humour.

Does that sum it up right, Del?

-the Master
Quatermass

Postby Del » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:02 am

Close... but you didn't use anywhere near enough ****'s and $#%#*'s Q.
Del

Postby Quatermass » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:04 am

Del wrote:Close... but you didn't use anywhere near enough ****'s and $#%#*'s Q.

If I did, I'd be here all night. :lol:

-the Master
Quatermass

Postby Del » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:05 am

Del wrote:

MAN RECEIVES MILLIONS FOR 'POPCORN LUNG'

http://au.news.yahoo.com/world/a/-/worl ... corn-lung/ :o I had some last night!!!

Soooooooooo... while I was sitting on the sofa eating my microwave butter flavoured popcorn :o last night.... waiting for my hair dye :o to get to its allotted time I watched THIS.... :o

http://aca.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8535984

I am dooooooooooomed!
Del

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum