(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: What do you do?

Postby janet » Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:42 am

Bouncy Castle wrote:So.

Let me get this straight.

You grow small children?

;) ;) :lol:

That was the problem! I'd taught full-time for 15 years with 7-11 year olds and loved the job but after moving and having my own child somehow it was on my records that i was expert in teaching KS1 (under 7s) so when I went to any school on supply I got stuck with the tinies. It was awful. I'm not good with little kids....frighten them mostly... ask my daughter, I frighten her most of the time. Nowadays I can be as eccentric as I want, the plants don't run away - well not screaming anyway. The money's barely enough to get by but the stress level is zero, the commute to work is different every day and never more than 15 mins. And I like carnations :lol: don't grow any but have their smaller relatives, pinks, at home, my favourite being Doris.
Tonyblack wrote:The Welsh for child is 'plant'. ;)

I know :lol: Worked with a lot of Welsh teachers in Leicester :D

:shock: :shock: Chainsaws :?: Never dared use one...if it can't be done with a short ladder and a long pole forget it :lol:
Doctorum Adamus cum Flabello Dulci
janet

Postby CrysaniaMajere » Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:24 am

Oooh, you have all interesting jobs... Me, I work in a newspaper kiosk, only it's not a kiosk 'cos I'm inside a train station which is almost abandoned since they delight in cutting work jobs and closed a lot of ticket offices, so basically I'm the only living thing inside this place.
Basically, I stay locked up in here for 12 hours a day except on Sundays and Mondays when I do only 5, 51/2 hours (and I can go home and do some laundry and other house-work needed at the moment :roll: so much for social life)
Boooring :(
CrysaniaMajere

Postby chillicamper » Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:14 am

Chainsaws are fun! Especially when swinging around 50 foot up a tree. The only problem is dislocating a shoulder whilst up a tree - that's not so fun. Now I get to sit at a desk and rev a computer. Not nearly the same job satisfaction.
Wooden stuff at www.iwoodlovethat.co.uk
chillicamper

Postby Bouncy Castle » Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:53 am

But somewhat less painful and life threatening? ;)
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby Catch-up » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:17 pm

Del, great picture! :D
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Dotsie » Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:45 pm

janet wrote:And I like carnations :lol:

:D
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:07 pm

[quote="CrysaniaMajere"]Oooh, you have all interesting jobs... Me, I work in a newspaper kiosk, only it's not a kiosk 'cos I'm inside a train station which is almost abandoned since they delight in cutting work jobs and closed a lot of ticket offices, so basically I'm the only living thing inside this place.
Basically, I stay locked up in here for 12 hours a day except on Sundays and Mondays when I do only 5, 51/2 hours (and I can go home and do some laundry and other house-work needed at the moment :roll: so much for social life)
Boooring :([/quote That's a long day to get bored with Crysania. :(
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Batty » Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:12 pm

you missed the end bracket off the final quote, Dug.

Crys, are you allowed to read all the papers, and quietly fill in the crossword puzzles, to pass the time? :D
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:14 pm

I did not miss it I deleted in mistook and could not be arsed to go back and sort it. :lol:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Batty » Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:16 pm

:lol: :lol:
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby Conforumist » Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:04 am

CrysaniaMajere wrote:Oooh, you have all interesting jobs... Me, I work in a newspaper kiosk, only it's not a kiosk 'cos I'm inside a train station which is almost abandoned since they delight in cutting work jobs and closed a lot of ticket offices, so basically I'm the only living thing inside this place.
Boooring :(

Your room is all ready for you; just say the word!

The greatest things in life are not things.
Conforumist

Postby Del » Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:30 am

Can you at least SEE the trains Chrys? I love trains I does. 12 hours is a long long day hun.
Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
Del

Postby CrysaniaMajere » Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:50 am

Batty wrote:Crys, are you allowed to read all the papers, and quietly fill in the crossword puzzles, to pass the time? :D

:D I can read the magazines, (newspapers no, they are depressing), but can't do the crosswords :lol:
Problem is, I don't like most of them, I only read those regarding films, the others bore me.

Del wrote:Can you at least SEE the trains Chrys? I love trains I does. 12 hours is a long long day hun.

Nope, I don't see them from where I am, I only see a part of the street on the other side, not much to look at, and as Dug said, it's a long day..

That's why when I'm without internet it's so annoying, and from time to time I look for funny shows on the internet to pass the time. Now I've seen everything I know :(
Luckily enough, I always have the forum to bring a smile on me face ^_^

Con, one day I'll get the courage (and the money) to visit all the places on my list, and that'll be your unlucky day :lol:
CrysaniaMajere

Postby CrysaniaMajere » Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:54 am

And Del, I saw the picture! You look stunning and very professional :P
CrysaniaMajere

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:27 pm

Is there any chance you could get another job. :?:
Who's Wee Dug

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum