What have you seen recently? 3

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: What have you seen recently? 3

Postby Tonyblack » Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:14 pm

I just got series 2 of Sherlock and have watched all three episodes now. Excellent stuff! :D
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Willem » Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:04 pm

Saw The Dictator (Sacha Baron Cohen vehicle) which was more enjoyable than I expected.
Also: 'Bernie' which was kind of weird but entertaining.
Scientists are predicting the future will be much more futuristic than originally predicted
Willem

Postby michelanCello » Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:48 pm

Tonyblack wrote:I just got series 2 of Sherlock and have watched all three episodes now. Excellent stuff! :D

Loved it! :D

Yesterday I went to see Dance of the Vampires (the musical) and for a moment I was affraid that I like musicals after all... :P But I realized I didn't (Dance of the Vampires was excellent, mind you!), I just like the good music during a play, and I like it when a whole choir is singing on stage, but I still don't really like the fact that people are singing all their pain and love and hate instead of, you know, just talking :P it annoys me that a song ends, OK, great, it was a nice song, and then they seem to finally start a real conversation and then they start another song! :roll: The speech/song proportion should be more equalized... ;)
Still, I had a great time yesterday, and the music really is amazing! I was almost dancing in my chair at some poinst :lol: Also, it was really beautifully done, with really complex decor and moving stuff and whatnot... Ow, and my cello teacher was the cellist in the orchestra (that's how I got there in the first place)! :D

It's these kind of parts that I like... (and you get a glimpse of HERBERT! made me laugh out loud! :lol: )
Listen.
michelanCello

Location: Budapest, Hungary (and yes, I'm sure it's Budapest, not Bucharest)

Postby Sister Jennifer » Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:00 am

Tonyblack wrote:I just got series 2 of Sherlock and have watched all three episodes now. Excellent stuff! :D

Just about to start watching S1. Missed it when it was on the telly. Looking forward to it.

Saw the Avengers. Was better than I thought it would be... Just.
Undead yes -
Unperson no!
Sister Jennifer

Postby Catch-up » Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:52 am

Watched Priest a couple of nights ago. It was bad. It wasn't shut it off in the middle of the movie bad, but still bad. I never, ever want to hear an American accent coming out of Paul Bettany's mouth again. Not because he didn't do a good job. Just because it sounded so wrong. I love Paul Bettany and I LOVE his voice. Sorry, didn't mean to get carried away there. :shifty:
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Dotsie » Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:45 am

:lol: I know what you mean though. I had no idea that Wayne Rigsby in The Mentalist wasn't American until I heard him speak in a documentary - he's Welsh! Sounded bizarre.

I saw Hunger Games. Not awful, but the ending sucked. Battle Royale was better. Actually, Running Man was better.
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby chris.ph » Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:06 pm

lots of americans thought hugh laurie was american when house first started :whistle:
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Tonyblack » Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:08 pm

chris.ph wrote:lots of americans thought hugh laurie was american when house first started :whistle:

I thought Damian Lewis was an American when I watched Band of Brothers. :oops:
Tonyblack

Postby Dotsie » Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:15 pm

Ir's a compliment to their accents. Who really thought Anne Hathaway was from Yorkshire though? ;) (She was in One Day. Bless her, her accent was rubbish).
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Tonyblack » Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:20 pm

Russell Crowe's accent in Robin Hood was pants. Apart from anything else, he couldn't seem to decide what accent he was doing. :lol:
Tonyblack

Postby Catch-up » Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:40 pm

:lol: I've definitely been surprised by finding out someone didn't match their screen accent in real life! Also, I couldn't take Paul Bettany looking grim through an entire movie. I want to see his smile!
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Bouncy Castle » Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:58 pm

chris.ph wrote:lots of americans thought hugh laurie was american when house first started :whistle:

Apparently, the producers thought he was American when he auditioned!
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby Tonyblack » Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:19 pm

I've had a few Americans ask me if I'm from New England. Of course, I've also had them ask me if I'm "Scotch"* or Irish as well. And one young lady in a pharmacy in New Mexico asked me to just talk to her as she couldn't get enough of my accent. :mrgreen:

*I never use the word 'scotch' when talking about Scottish people. Scotch is whiskey, pancakes, rolls and eggs - and a brand of sticky tape, not Scttish people.
Tonyblack

Postby Dotsie » Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:40 pm

When we went over, the only comment we got was from a guy asking if we were from New York. Fairly sure he was kidding!
Dotsie

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:43 pm

Went to see Judge Dredd today it's in 3D some of the effects were purely put in for the 3D effects, it was not bad reminded me of The Block which I had seen recently, it probably would be better in 2D but I quite enjoyed it, just a few notches above Ok though and not worth the extra for the 3D price.

Ps Tony I'm going to be pendantic here, Scotch is whisky, Whiskey is Irish, and never the twain shall meet. ;)
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

PreviousNext

Return to TV, film, theatre