Share your dumbest moments

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Share your dumbest moments

Postby Conforumist » Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:38 am

Ok, I'll start! :)

We were out for supper last night. After supper wifey went and got me a toothpick. I always break them in half. After using, it did not know where to put it. I decided to put it in the straw of my water glass, since we were leaving anyway. We were waiting for the bill and I inadvertently grabbed the glass and drank from the straw, sending the toothpick down my throat.
I could not regurgitate it.
The walk-in clinic was right across the street, so went in. They basically told us to go to the hospital a few KMs away. We were there for 4 hours and then told to go to the Halifax hospital instead, because they have no ENT doc on staff.

After an hour of waiting, Matt, a friend of ours from church attended me, as he happened to be on call last night.
He stuck the probe down my nose and saw the toothpick. (BTW, wifey was not around much, she has a phobia of seeing people vomit)
He prayed something in my mouth to numb it, which I'm sure would make even sh!t taste good in comparison. Anyway, it made me cough so hard, I dislodged the toothpick and swallowed it. ..off to X-Ray, again.
It did not go into the the lung, so it must have gone into my stomach. We're hoping the stomach acid will it's thing, but if I do feel anything unusual I need to go back in.
That was my 6 hours of fun on a Friday night. We got to bed at around 3AM. I am feeling fine ATM, but if others want to share some of their "greatest" moments, I would feel even better! :D
The greatest things in life are not things.
Conforumist

Re: Share your dumbest moments

Postby Dotsie » Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:45 am

Ouchy :shock: Hope you digest it OK.
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Bouncy Castle » Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:49 am

Oh Con. You silly boy! Hope it travels out quickly and painlessly.
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby Tonyblack » Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:51 am

I know you and your friend are both church goers, but is praying into some-one's mouth a normal medical technique in Canada? :lol:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Dotsie » Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:52 am

Well it worked!
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Tonyblack » Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:13 pm

Maybe someone needs to pray at the other end that it comes out safely. ;)
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Bouncy Castle » Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:15 pm

Oh gods, Tony. Thanks for the visual. :shock:
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

Bouncy Castle

Postby ChristianBecker » Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:25 pm

:D
Hope all goes well, Con. The wood should be at least a bit softer after passing through your stomach so that it cannot cause harm. Thumbs crossed ;).
My dumbest moment (one of them, at least)
I'm quite sure I posted it before, but maybe it was on another forum.
Years ago I wanted to make a microwave soup. So I opened the cup, loosely put the lid back on as per instructions, put the thing into the microwave oven and set it to 4 or 5 minutes. When it was ready I took it out and was surprised that the cup was all wrinkled and a funny smell came from it. I removed the lid, looked into it and realized that putting water into the stuff was essential, even for an instant soup. :D
On with their heads! I'm the clown prince of fools
if you don't get the joke it's your loss
Love and laughter you see are the new currency
'cause greed's coinage is not worth a toss

Exile yourself to the unforgiving continent of Wraeclast!
ChristianBecker

Postby Bouncy Castle » Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:26 pm

:lol:

Whoopsie!

Bouncy Castle

Postby Quatermass » Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:45 pm

ChristianBecker wrote::D
Hope all goes well, Con. The wood should be at least a bit softer after passing through your stomach so that it cannot cause harm. Thumbs crossed ;).
My dumbest moment (one of them, at least)
I'm quite sure I posted it before, but maybe it was on another forum.
Years ago I wanted to make a microwave soup. So I opened the cup, loosely put the lid back on as per instructions, put the thing into the microwave oven and set it to 4 or 5 minutes. When it was ready I took it out and was surprised that the cup was all wrinkled and a funny smell came from it. I removed the lid, looked into it and realized that putting water into the stuff was essential, even for an instant soup. :D

That happened to me, except it was intentional experimentation with a packet of instant noodles, which I wanted to be even more instant. So I put them in a bowl with a little water and chucked it into the microwave. Burnt it, of course. :? This was about two decades ago, though, so it was while I was still a kid.

This is far from my dumbest moment, but it's the only one I'm really willing to share. Oh, save for that time in primary school where I put the wrong shoes on the wrong feet (left on right and right on left). I ended up with crippling back pain later in the day. :teasing-dunce:
I've lived for over 2000 years, and not all of them were good ones. I've made many mistakes. And it's about time I did something about that.

-The Twelfth Doctor, Doctor Who: Deep Breath
Quatermass

Postby Batty » Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:32 pm

Is Del going to get her own thread on this subject?

I've done a few dumb things, so it's a question of having to remember them!
I know when I was about 14, I was at home and thought I heard someone walking around next door. They had wooden floorboards, so it was really easy to hear them move around. Except that it was early afternoon, and they were at work.
I decided to go out to the back garden and see if I could see anyone's head protruding from the other side of our dividing fence, but as I couldn't see anyone I went back indoors.
Later on I learned that they had been burgled, and the burglars had got in and exited from the back garden. I then realized that the fence was 6 feet high, and I'm only 5 ft 3 ins!
Unless I'd stood on a ladder there was no way I could have seen them! :oops: Thwarted!
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby Batty » Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:36 pm

I'm scared of dogs - and my least favourite aunt insisted on bringing her dogs into our house, whenever she visited Mum.

On one occasion the dogs bounded in to the back room and jumped all over me. My aunt walked in and said: 'Oh. I thought you were Josie (my twin sister).'
In a state of shock I blurted out: 'Do I look like Josie?!' :doh:
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby Conforumist » Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:40 pm

Batty wrote:I'm scared of dogs - and my least favourite aunt insisted on bringing her dogs into our house, whenever she visited Mum.

On one occasion the dogs bounded in to the back room and jumped all over me. My aunt walked in and said: 'Oh. I thought you were Josie (my twin sister).'
In a state of shock I blurted out: 'Do I look like Josie?!' :doh:

That actually made me laugh; thanks!

Oh, and thanks for the well wishes,
Last edited by Conforumist on Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Conforumist

Postby spideyGirl » Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:00 pm

Wow, poor you Con.

I once squeezed the ketchup bottle whilst its opening was facing my face to check it was working......yep it was :oops:
spideyGirl

Postby Conforumist » Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:40 pm

spideyGirl wrote:Wow, poor you Con.

I once squeezed the ketchup bottle whilst its opening was facing my face to check it was working......yep it was :oops:

uhh, did you burn your eyes from the ketchup?
Conforumist

Next

Return to The Broken Drum