North American Discworld Convention 2009

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby Tonyblack » Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:58 pm

I didn't know Exp.Date the Rat had won an auction bid. He's been quiet about it. Wonder if he's told his wife yet? :lol:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:09 pm

He is probably going to keep that quiet and the wife is going to wonder if why he is being so generous to her because if he is found out.Image
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby bikkit » Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:11 pm

^^^^^^
It says Thud! sorry,couldn't resist it.

I'm going to need a swat team, ready to mobilize, street maps covering the whole of florida, a pot of coffee, 12 jammy dodgers and A FEZ.
bikkit

Postby Exp. Date, the rat » Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:43 pm

Tonyblack wrote:I didn't know Exp.Date the Rat had won an auction bid. He's been quiet about it. Wonder if he's told his wife yet? :lol:

It wasn't anything big. Just a UK paperback copy of Hogfather with Michelle Dockerty scribbled in by some guy. I think his first name starts with T and last with a P I think. He was writing on everything it seems! :x It was for $65 and Kim is fine with it knowing that it was for Alzheimer's research and for the Librarian's cousins protection.

It did kinda shock me that I spent so much money on a PB book, but how many times have I done that and will do it. It was fun and for a good cause.

On a side note I dreamt of the Con the last night! I woke up thinking I was back my hotel room until I came crashing back into reality! :cry:

Can't wait for the next one. Hopefully I can work out going to the 2010 UK one! I can always have hope!
A legal Feegle? How could there be such a thing?
Today I feel like I am soaring like a tortoise!
Exp. Date, the rat

Postby Exp. Date, the rat » Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:46 pm

kakaze wrote:
Tonyblack wrote:Great photos! Did you get to meet any of the other guys from this site? :D

I met Exp. the Rat when he was demonstrating how to play Thud in the game room.

By the way, we should all congradulate, or applaud, Exp. the Rat on his auction winning bid of $1,250 for an early copy of Unseen Academicals!

Either he really likes reading Mr. Pratchett's books, or he's really worried about alzhimers!

Someone else bought a second copy of this book for $1,500 at the official auction, but I didn't attend so I don't know who it was.

NONONONONONONONO!!!! This wasn't me! I just read this after posting the above. Like I said it was MY FRIEND JAY who won it!!! I wouldn't be allowed back into my house if I did that! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nope, I just spent $65 and that was even too much for me. $1,200!!!! That would be a dream.
Exp. Date, the rat

Postby Tonyblack » Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:19 am

:lol: Now you can see why I was worried! :lol:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby chris.ph » Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:04 am

my misses would have hung me by my short and curlies if i had spent that sort of money on a book , is your friend jay single.loaded or mad exp :lol:
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Exp. Date, the rat » Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:20 pm

What I understood he has his own business/ and does odd jobs. He said that either his or his wife's parents have suffered from Alzheimer's and they always give big for charities for it.

Plus he said that it is all tax deductable! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Exp. Date, the rat

Postby kakaze » Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:31 am

Exp. Date, the rat wrote:
kakaze wrote:
Tonyblack wrote:Great photos! Did you get to meet any of the other guys from this site? :D

I met Exp. the Rat when he was demonstrating how to play Thud in the game room.

By the way, we should all congradulate, or applaud, Exp. the Rat on his auction winning bid of $1,250 for an early copy of Unseen Academicals!

Either he really likes reading Mr. Pratchett's books, or he's really worried about alzhimers!

Someone else bought a second copy of this book for $1,500 at the official auction, but I didn't attend so I don't know who it was.

NONONONONONONONO!!!! This wasn't me! I just read this after posting the above. Like I said it was MY FRIEND JAY who won it!!! I wouldn't be allowed back into my house if I did that! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nope, I just spent $65 and that was even too much for me. $1,200!!!! That would be a dream.

Oops.

I guess I mis-understood you in the game room. Two men, two books...

:roll:
kakaze

Postby Catch-up » Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:41 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: We would have had to call the paramedics if Doug had spent that much on a book.

I tried to bid on something, but the bidding was so fast and furious that I barely got my paddle up before it passed my limit.
Catch-up

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:19 am

Me to I would have liked the ribbons as I have one (Born To Rune) which I was given in Denver at the Worldcon, after it got past $60 that was it for me. :(
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Catch-up » Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:11 pm

I would have liked the bidding slip props from Going Postal. Never stood a chance. :roll:
Catch-up

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:32 pm

I had a go at those too. :roll:
Who's Wee Dug

Previous

Return to Terry Pratchett