Dead Wizards Don't Wear Well - Werewolf game

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Dead Wizards Don't Wear Well - Werewolf game

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:25 pm

Dead Wizards Don't Wear Well...

... and the Faculty is in uproar so Head Bledlow Mr. McAbre has to call on the Librarian's talents in his capacity as a Watch Special when it appears there's a poisoner on the loose in the UU kitchens.

Or is there? Mrs Whitlow is swearing blind that all the cooks and scullions are trustworthy and have been working at the University for years and all the usual magical checks are in place to ensure that no spells are at work up until the point they arrive in the Great Hall for the delectation of the Faculty and students. So what happened?
All anyone knows is that Angelhart Sturtfast, a hotly-tipped Chair-in-Waiting for the Recent Runes department and a seventh level Mage of the Venerable Order of Seers appeared to be choking on his post soup course bread roll, turned purple, then green and finally exploded in a shower of silver sparks after briefly morphing into a rather disgruntled looking fire newt. Clearly magic was involved, but whose? And why?

THE KILLERS
Achmed 'I just get these headaches' the Mad ~ Hailing from Klatch, Achmed is one of the greatest necromancers ever. However, he's a hopeless coffee addict and spends most of his time knurd hence 'the Mad' honorific (although he prefers to be known as Achmed the 'I just get these headaches'). Recently arrived in Ankh Morpork on sabbatical from the famous Celestorium of El Kharzee, he's not exactly endeared himself to UU's elite with his constant whinging about the Circle Sea plantations coffees or his seemingly limitless capacity for 'sherbets' or his bestest friend...

Mazuma ~ who's come along for an 'exchange' visit. Unbeknown to the UU wizards, Mazuma is the eldest son of Ipslore the Red. He has recently, with the arcane assistance of Achmed, retrieved his father's octiron staff that his youngest brother Coin abandoned (at the end of Sourcery) and is now secretly aspiring to Archchancellorship in the most ancient time-honoured wizardly tradition via dead man's shoes.

Each night they will find a new target to dispose of, to bring Mazuma closer to achieving his supremasist ambitions

THE WARDERS (COPS)
The Librarian ~ as a Special Officer with the Watch the Archmage Ape is the obvious entity to call in to get to the root of what's going on with the catering and to provide protection to those Senior Wizards whose status is most precarious. Every night he'll be choosing whoever looks most vulnerable (or culpable) to 'protect'.

Mr. McAbre ~ The canny Head Bledlow, Mr. McAbre has a military background and can find his way around the University corridors and traditions like a very black cat, in a very murky coalhole on a very dark night. While the Librarian prepares to defend the innocent (or block the nefarious) Mr McAbre is patrolling the slumbering halls looking for clues and shadowing the suspicious...

Who could have killed Angelhart Sturtfast? Suspicion falls particularly on:
Crysania
mC
Raisindot
ShadowNinjaCat
Simstars
Sjoerd
Willem

THE RULES
1. No arguing with the Narrator in the main thread. All queries, post mortems or requests for elaboration to be done in the Q&A/Night thread or by PM if it’s something you cannot discuss in public.

2. When formally voting for someone to be treated as a prime suspect (and get lynched) please make this crystal clear as in “I vote for Mr/Ms X as prime suspect” - or use block capitals etc etc. Do the same sort of thing if you change you mind and want to vote for someone else or to abstain/withdraw your vote - remember you can change your vote up to 3 times during each day phase.

3. Make sure you never reveal your true role to anyone (unless you’re a killer in which case you will know who you’re working with) unless the Narrator says you can – else you’ll end up lynched or killed much quicker…

4. Try not to get too upset with what happens once the killings start - it’s a fun game to play so keep it light-hearted. If you do get lynched you can still take part as a Gawper! – those who have been lynched can still keep posting as a ghostly gawper, but cannot take part in voting anymore.

5. No posting IN THIS THREAD during a night phase.

6. Anyone revealing the contents of a PM will be lynched immediately! PMing is really against the spirit of the game, but I can’t stop you… just don’t talk about it, and don’t come running to me if it turns out you’ve been cosying up to a murderous mage.

7. Anyone taking part will be a candidate for a special role but only the Narrator will be assigning these roles.

8. The Narrator (me) is always right.

9. If the narrator isn't right rule 8 applies.

Day phases: These last between 3-4 real time days to allow the players time to post and to vote for a likely suspect to be taken into safe custody. If everyone has voted by the given deadline then the Narrator will close the voting and announce the start of the…

Night phase: These will generally last up to 48 hours to allow all 4 special roles to PM the Narrator with their decisions.

Any questions about gameplay or the rules can be asked at any time in the Q&A/Night thread HERE.

This first day phase will end next Tuesday at noon (London)

Special role PMs will be going out soon... ;)
Last edited by Jan Van Quirm on Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Re: Dead Wizards Don't Wear Well - Werewolf game

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:36 pm

:think:
Mazuma and Crysania both end with A.

Coincidence? :think:

:P
A poster outside one shop urged people to Dig For Victory, as if it were some kind of turnip.
Sjoerd3000

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:13 pm

And Achmed the Mad has D as the last letter for both names just like Sjoerd - are you co-incidentally giving us a clue? :lol:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby ShadowNinjaCat » Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:14 pm

Sjoerd and Sourcery both begin with S.
Coincidence? :P
Wait so does Shadow... :shifty:
*cough*Never mind that...er..ahh..yeah must be Sjoerd wot dun it. :whistle:
Posting first and everything. ;)
“We are all in the gutter,but some of us are looking at the stars.”- Oscar Wilde
ShadowNinjaCat

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:19 pm

I'm nearly always the first to post :naughty:

ShadowNinjA! So you're Mazuma! :twisted:

or ShadowNinjacaD! you're Achmed! Or maybe both! :o
A poster outside one shop urged people to Dig For Victory, as if it were some kind of turnip.
Sjoerd3000

Postby Willem » Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:26 pm

Obviously, it's MC. It's obvious. And traditional!

I vote for MC as prime suspect
Scientists are predicting the future will be much more futuristic than originally predicted
Willem

Postby ShadowNinjaCat » Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:51 pm

Sjoerd3000 wrote:I'm nearly always the first to post :naughty:

ShadowNinjA! So you're Mazuma! :twisted:

or ShadowNinjacaD! you're Achmed! Or maybe both! :o
Egads man! I'm innocent! Innnnoooocent I tells ya!! :twisted:
“We are all in the gutter,but some of us are looking at the stars.”- Oscar Wilde
ShadowNinjaCat

Postby CrysaniaMajere » Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:52 am

I VOTE FOR WILLEM
Shame on you, picking on a nice girl :naughty:
CrysaniaMajere

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:37 am

Quite right Crys, I vote for Willem! too
Sjoerd3000

Postby ShadowNinjaCat » Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:34 pm

I vote for Sjoerd to give Willem a chance at survival. :lol:
ShadowNinjaCat

Postby SimStars13 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:08 am

Bit slow to the game so let's ... vote for Willem since he voted first.
"Martin! I thought we sold you"

DFTBA
SimStars13

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:43 am

ShadowNinjaCat wrote:I vote for Sjoerd to give Willem a chance at survival. :lol:

:cry:
Sjoerd3000

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:24 pm

Remember you have three cracks at voting but the 3rd choice you have to 'live' with. Also you don't have to vote at all - but conclusions that you may not like could be drawn from that... :P
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Willem » Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:47 pm

Second vote for Sjoerd, in self-preservation :)
Scientists are predicting the future will be much more futuristic than originally predicted
Willem

Postby ShadowNinjaCat » Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:10 pm

Sjoerd3000 wrote:
ShadowNinjaCat wrote:I vote for Sjoerd to give Willem a chance at survival. :lol:

:cry:
Sorry Sjoerd, just helping out the underdog. :lol:
ShadowNinjaCat

Next

Return to Games