North American Discworld Convention 2009

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby chris.ph » Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:13 pm

yes there is a bridge that spans both continents, ive been across it a couple of times
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Bouncy Castle » Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:15 pm

Nice fots of the Convention.

I have to say I'm pleased to see that Terry has trimmed the beard a bit.

Last interview I saw him on (assisted suicide - it's posted on here somewhere) he was beginning to resemble........ err..... I know I'm not supposed to mention the books or films on here.... but.... Dumbledore!

[ducks from incoming heavy objects smiley]
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby Tonyblack » Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:25 pm

:lol: He grew it long for his part in the Going Postal movie. :wink:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Bouncy Castle » Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:39 pm

Ahhh. Now that makes sense! :D

If I was Mrs Terry, I'd have HATED it! :lol:
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

Bouncy Castle

Postby chris.ph » Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:45 pm

my misses complains that my goatee gives her a rash :wink: was going to add to this but there are younger browsers on this site :lol:
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Bouncy Castle » Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:50 pm

I can understand where Mrs Chris is coming from! (so to speak!!).

In the words of Cleveland from Family Guy........... "NASTY".

:wink: :wink: :wink:

Bouncy Castle

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:49 pm

Bouncy Castle wrote:Nice fots of the Convention.

I have to say I'm pleased to see that Terry has trimmed the beard a bit.

Last interview I saw him on (assisted suicide - it's posted on here somewhere) he was beginning to resemble........ err..... I know I'm not supposed to mention the books or films on here.... but.... Dumbledore!

[ducks from incoming heavy objects smiley]
He did not have much of a choice as the wife said it had to go. :shock:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby kakaze » Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:36 am

I've put (most) of my convention pictures here:

http://aboutme.joescuriosityshoppe.com/ ... ember32009
kakaze

Postby poohbcarrot » Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:53 am

Nice photos. :P

Very interesting - explains why you know so much about Japan.

Why were your jokes and stories considered to be a threat to national security? :lol:
"It's better to belong where you don't belong than not to belong where you used to belong,
remembering when you used to belong there"
-Sneebs
poohbcarrot

Postby Tonyblack » Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:32 am

Great photos! Did you get to meet any of the other guys from this site? :D
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby kakaze » Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:35 am

poohbcarrot wrote:Why were your jokes and stories considered to be a threat to national security? :lol:

Do you mean why was my original website blocked by China? Well... the actual reason was that I hosted it with yahoo.com and they use dynamic IP addresses for their websites. China automatically blocks websites with dynamic IP addresses because it's hard for them to keep track of which website is which.
kakaze

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:38 am

I've just loaded my photo's on to my pc they are not that good too dark and some a bit shakey I was sitting right at the back with some friends so the distance makes them grainy with the zoom on so I will be able to post just a few when I get around to setting up an online jobby wossit.
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Catch-up » Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:24 pm

Great pictures kakaze! Sorry we didn't get to meet there. The pictures I tried to take of the events in the ballroom all came out too dark and/or fuzzy.

It would be great if there's another UScon! Next time I'll make sure I get there before things start. :wink:

WWDug, I don't think you got to see me Sunday night. I had a record almost 3 glasses of wine! :lol: It's a wonder I didn't doze off. It was so great to see you. Wish we'd had more time to visit.
Catch-up

Postby kakaze » Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:17 pm

Tonyblack wrote:Great photos! Did you get to meet any of the other guys from this site? :D

I met Exp. the Rat when he was demonstrating how to play Thud in the game room.

By the way, we should all congradulate, or applaud, Exp. the Rat on his auction winning bid of $1,250 for an early copy of Unseen Academicals!

Either he really likes reading Mr. Pratchett's books, or he's really worried about alzhimers!

Someone else bought a second copy of this book for $1,500 at the official auction, but I didn't attend so I don't know who it was.
kakaze

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:34 pm

Catch-up wrote:Great pictures kakaze! Sorry we didn't get to meet there. The pictures I tried to take of the events in the ballroom all came out too dark and/or fuzzy.

It would be great if there's another UScon! Next time I'll make sure I get there before things start. :wink:

WWDug, I don't think you got to see me Sunday night. I had a record almost 3 glasses of wine! :lol: It's a wonder I didn't doze off. It was so great to see you. Wish we'd had more time to visit.
Well if you don't make it to the UK one I will see you in Seatlle or Minapolis in 2011 But by then I will be back home living in Bonny Scotland. :D Image
Who's Wee Dug

PreviousNext

Return to Terry Pratchett