what made you sad today

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: what made you sad today

Postby Tonyblack » Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:48 am

janet wrote:@mC, Just read about Artur, poor little guy and very touching that the other dogs stayed with him.
When I was in a particularly bad place after losing both of my beautiful kittens within a month of each other I found a website about the Rainbow Bridge which promotes the theory that our pets cross it when they die and wait on the other side for us to join them so we can move on together to our heavenly home.
Make of it what you will but at least it gave me a good excuse to cry like a baby at the time and help with the grieving.
http://petloss.com/rainbowbridge.htm
xx

When I had my cat, Leida living with me (she lives with my friend in the downstairs flat now) we were members of Catster.com, a sort of social website for cats where you write in the character of your cat. They were all very supportive of cats who were ill or had died and that's where I first heard about the Rainbow Bridge. Of course, dead kitties would continue to post from "across the Bridge" and their profile photos would often be altered so they had wings.

It might sound a bit silly, but it was a fun place to post. :)
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:40 pm

Realising that my Dad passed away 13 years ago tomorrow. It's gotten easier, but stepmonster Nancy is a bitch.
Aha! So, Bob's yer uncle... very clever.
Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit

Location: Byron IL USA and The Quirm School for Young People ... it's genetic, you know

Postby michelanCello » Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:29 pm

Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit wrote:Realising that my Dad passed away 13 years ago tomorrow. It's gotten easier, but stepmonster Nancy is a bitch.

Sorry about your Dad, Tina! :( It really is amazing, how fast the years fly by, and you just go on with your life and you stop at occasions like this and you think no, it can't be, was it really so long ago already? Because on the other hand it's still so fresh, and the time you had to spend without him is so little compared to the life you had together...
Surely you don't have to see Nancy that often? :?
Listen.
michelanCello

Location: Budapest, Hungary (and yes, I'm sure it's Budapest, not Bucharest)

Previous

Return to The Broken Drum