What have you seen recently? 3

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: What have you seen recently? 3

Postby Catch-up » Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:42 am

Tiffany wrote:
Who's Wee Dug wrote:Good though was'nt it Tiff. :mrgreen:

I am so glad to hear I'm not the only one on here who enjoys kids films. :D

I love them! :D Used to go see them before we had kids. We really enjoyed Brave and Tangled is one of my favorites!
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby BobtheDrog » Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:10 pm

Found Brave okay but a bit disappointing as a pixar film (high expectations). went to Ek Tha Tiger a bollywood film part of which was shot here in Dublin, I was enjoying it until the intermission which killed the pacing and made it seem to drag on a bit then, good fun but nothing special. Expendables 2 has some good moments where the over the top nature of the film makes it funny but its not great otherwise. Grabbers is brilliant, made in Ireland about a sea monster thats killling people draining them of their blood, but it gets poisoned by alcohol so the only way to stay safe is to be very, very drunk. It stars Richard (Moist von Lipwig) Coyle, Ruth Bradley and Russell Tovey.
BobtheDrog

Postby michelanCello » Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:23 pm

Finished all 7 seasons of Bones - what a cliffhanger! Now I have to wait until the next season comes out! :evil:
Listen.
michelanCello

Location: Budapest, Hungary (and yes, I'm sure it's Budapest, not Bucharest)

Postby Bouncy Castle » Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:26 pm

Now you are ahead of me. I'm waiting for S7 to come out on DVD.

NOW tell me you didn't cry when Vincent Nigel-Murray died. :cry:
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby michelanCello » Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:49 pm

Bouncy Castle wrote:Now you are ahead of me. I'm waiting for S7 to come out on DVD.

I did, it was really sad :(
Listen.
michelanCello

Postby Catch-up » Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:51 pm

Watched a few more episodes of Game of Thrones. It's definitely getting better plot-wise! Of course, still has it's share of hokey moments, and we have to roll our eyes at the scenes that are so obviously for shock value.
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
Catch-up

Postby Tonyblack » Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:00 am

I was looking through the BBC iPlayer and came across a "comedy" series called Bad Education. What a pile of poo!

I also saw there was a Jodie Foster movie called 'Flightplan' on, but once I read the comments on IMDB I decided to give it a miss. :lol:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby DaveC » Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:37 am

Bouncy Castle wrote:Now you are ahead of me. I'm waiting for S7 to come out on DVD.

Can't wait till S7 and yes we cried... :(
Adventures of a Film Geek - My Blog

Check out my short film!

"Dude, this thing claims I have mail. Dude, now I'm reading it."
This Is...
DaveC

Postby DaveC » Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:39 am

Tonyblack wrote:I was looking through the BBC iPlayer and came across a "comedy" series called Bad Education. What a pile of poo!

I also saw there was a Jodie Foster movie called 'Flightplan' on, but once I read the comments on IMDB I decided to give it a miss. :lol:

Flightplan was OK but I don't like it on principle because it stopped Serenity going to #1 on the week it was released! :o
Adventures of a Film Geek - My Blog

Check out my short film!

"Dude, this thing claims I have mail. Dude, now I'm reading it."
This Is...
DaveC

Postby Conforumist » Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:53 am

We finished watching "The girl with the dragon tattoo" this morning. I'm not sure what to say about. I found a lot of dialog difficult to understand, because mumbled so much.
The greatest things in life are not things.
Conforumist

Postby Catch-up » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:01 pm

We went to see ParaNorman today. Thought it was really good! Good story and some great scary scenes that were representative of good scary movies, but not so over the top that Thing 2 got too scared.

I've also been watching the last season of Warehouse 13. :D Really enjoy that show. Problem is, I'm going to catch up soon, then I'll have a long wait for the next season.
Catch-up

Postby michelanCello » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:53 pm

Yesterday I watched the pilot episode of Sherlock (loved it!) so now I started watching the first episode, but I don't get it. It's the same story as the pilot, only...different. Some sets are different (
Spoiler: show
So Sherlock and Watson don't meet first in a computer room, but in some kind of lab, and Watson has a different cell phone
) but it's still the same story, it even has the same dialogues at certain points... why'd they do that? :?
Listen.
michelanCello

Postby Tonyblack » Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:37 pm

michelanCello wrote:Yesterday I watched the pilot episode of Sherlock (loved it!) so now I started watching the first episode, but I don't get it. It's the same story as the pilot, only...different. Some sets are different (
Spoiler: show
So Sherlock and Watson don't meet first in a computer room, but in some kind of lab, and Watson has a different cell phone
) but it's still the same story, it even has the same dialogues at certain points... why'd they do that? :?

According to the special features on the disc, they made such a good pilot that they didn't want to change it too much, so they remade it with more money and a rethink about how things would work. :)

The pilot you saw was never intended to be shown on TV, it was made to sell the show.
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby michelanCello » Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:58 pm

Ah, thanks Tony! :D There were some things I liked better in the Pilot, but I'm totally hooked :D
Listen.
michelanCello

Postby CrysaniaMajere » Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:37 am

I saw BenX on tv. I had never heard of this movie, we don't get much stuff from Belgium (they wrote if was from Belgium, but the writings seemed to me like Dutch..). It was good, a bit sad at some points but not too much because of the happy ending. Has anyone else seen it?
CrysaniaMajere

PreviousNext

Return to TV, film, theatre