CRIME FICTION EVENT DUBLIN

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

CRIME FICTION EVENT DUBLIN

Postby pip » Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:21 pm

For any around on the 6th of September in Dublin John Connolly is launching a collaberation book on crime fiction called 'Books To Die For' -http://www.bookstodiefor.net/
with Essays from over 120 of the worlds leading Crime writers and a few are already announced for the free launch in Dubray Books on Grafton Street on the 6th September. Got the following from John Connollys newsletter so might be a good chance to meet a few very good authors either here or in the Tour to follow :D There are quite a few very famous contributors so could be interesting - samples are

Michael Connelly on THE LITTLE SISTER...

Kathy Reichs on THE SILENCE OF THE LAMBS...

Mark Billingham on THE MALTESE FALCON...

Ian Rankin on I WAS DORA SUAREZ...

Oh, and just a reminder that the launch of BOOKS TO DIE FOR in Dublin will be a lavish affair attended by a number of the contributors, including Declan and me, John Banville, Colin Bateman, Barbara Nadel, Arlene Hunt, Brian McGilloway, and more yet to be announced. It's a good chance to get some nice signed Christmas presents. Similarly, a number of the NI contributors will be present at the Belfast launch, including Paul Charles, Brian McGilloway, and others, and you never know who may crop up at some of the British events...
'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Re: CRIME FICTION EVENT DUBLIN

Postby chris.ph » Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:30 pm

why dont they do this type of thing in deepest darkest south wales, im jealous :roll:
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:02 pm

Thinking of moving Chris. :lol: at least you have the Dr. Who stuff and Torchwood there.
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby chris.ph » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:09 pm

yeah 50 bloody miles up the motorway ,ask tony he lives around the corner from the doctor who exhibition :(
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Tonyblack » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:11 pm

chris.ph wrote:yeah 50 bloody miles up the motorway ,ask tony he lives around the corner from the doctor who exhibition :(

And I'm not paying £15 to visit that. :P
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:32 pm

Ok I won't mention the sheep then. ;) :lol:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Return to Non-Discworld books