It's nearly blackberry time!

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: It's nearly blackberry time!

Postby ChristianBecker » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:40 am

Sounds good. Granted, rum doesn't need any other stuff added to it, but you could choose worse than mango/ pineapple.
On with their heads! I'm the clown prince of fools
if you don't get the joke it's your loss
Love and laughter you see are the new currency
'cause greed's coinage is not worth a toss

Exile yourself to the unforgiving continent of Wraeclast!
ChristianBecker

Postby chris.ph » Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:11 pm

saw a couple of kids today picking blackberries down here allready, they must be optimists tho as the were carrying a gorrilla tub to fill up :lol: :lol:
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Antiq » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:22 pm

Awwww, fond memories of family blackberry picking as a kid - there's a blackberry area and hazel wood not far from me, and we used to gather both. I used to take my kids out gathering when they were young. Also, blackberry is my favourite fruit flavour mmmmmmmm!!
Carpe Jugulum
Antiq

Postby Catch-up » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:45 pm

All those recipes sound delicious! Good to know that you don't really taste the vodka.
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Broccolee » Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:48 pm

Oooooh yes,I will get the blackberry hooks out presently!I thought ours were all gone already though,will have to check at the weekend to see if there is anything left.Did get a few at the farmyard last week and made an inpromptu dessert for the kids with them in the evening as they were very tired hot and sticky and we had been in the outdoor pool all day.

Washed them,tipped them on a kitchen paper to drain the water,blended turkish (firm 10% fat ) yoghurt with cream flavoured ice-cream and layered blackberries and yogurt ice-cream mix in bowls,then set to cool for 20 mins in the freezer.YUMMY!
Can also then be topped with chocolate ice-cream sauce that hardens when cold,so you have a crisp chocolate coating or add freshly whipped cream.

Also,we love blackberry mess.Take fresh blackberries,mush them,then mix with liberal amounts of cream or thick yoghurt and oat flakes and sugar to taste.

Or blackberry jelly,nice with vanilla flavouring (add a vanilla pod to the juice when cooking and scrape out into the juice,stirring and then letting to set for a bit before filling into the jars) but also nice when you mix the blackberries with elderberries and a squirt of lemon juice to give a slightly tangy taste.

Or blackberry pancakes.Or blackberry muffins.Or.......

*wanders off with the blackberry hook over a shoulder muttering receipes to herself*
It´s still magic even if you know how it´s done.
Broccolee

Postby BobtheDrog » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:12 pm

ChristianBecker wrote:Sounds good. Granted, rum doesn't need any other stuff added to it, but you could choose worse than mango/ pineapple.

I've made it before, very tasty. Went for just mango in the end decided to leave out the pineapple.
BobtheDrog

Postby Conforumist » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:31 pm

I just picked a hand full from the backyard. :)
The greatest things in life are not things.
Conforumist

Postby janet » Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:08 am

...blackberry and white chocolate muffins....... ;)
Doctorum Adamus cum Flabello Dulci
janet

Postby Del » Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:17 pm

Penfold wrote:
chillicamper wrote:Nope - none of that electrickery mobile phone stuff with too many buttons ;)

You know the old fashioned word.....blackberry.....fruit......thorns in your fingers :lol: ......

Sorry but I couldn't resist posting this;

:lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: LOVE IT!
Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
Del

Previous

Return to The Broken Drum