Meeting Terry - Your Experiences

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Meeting Terry - Your Experiences

Postby MerlinPowered » Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:34 am

I'd love to meet Terry if I get a chance while he is in Australia next. All he would get from me would be a giddy "teehee 'nk you", but it would be worth it from my point of view.
MerlinPowered

Postby chalkeee » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:29 pm

at signing sessions for wyrd sisters ( leeds) moving pictures ( leeds again) interesting times ( huddersfield where i got myself into the local paper in the photograph the reporter took, being first in the queue.... ok for 1:30 hours i *was* the queue)
the dedications in the various copies read " 1st in the queue r=twice running", "to my most commited fan as yet un-commited" , " 1st in the queue 3rd time running"
incidentally , when i got my copy of good omens signed by neil gaiman, he wrote " burn this book" and told me i would have to go to terry to get the other half of the joke, but as yet he hasn't been back this end of the country since... anyone got the missing half?
you know when you said the onl thing we could hit at this altitude was a flying rock?
yes?
how did you know?
chalkeee

Postby Molokov » Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:36 am

MerlnPowered: Your best bet for Terry's next Australian trip would be at Nullus Anxietas IV next year in Melbourne (see http://ausdwcon.org for details). He's not confirmed YET, but I know the committee is trying! He came to Sydney for NA3 in 2011.

Even if Terry can't make it, the Convention is a fantastic chance to have lots of fun with many other fans. Plus Terry will more than likely do a Skype call if he can't be here in person (he did that for the Unseen University Convivium in Adelaide this year) so you will still be able to ask him questions :)
Nullus Anxietas V - The Australian Discworld Convention
10-12 April 2015
Novotel Parramatta, New South Wales, Australia
http://ausdwcon.org
Molokov

Postby MerlinPowered » Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:22 am

Thanks for that. Will have to see how things are early next year and make an effort to travel down to attend. It looks like a bit of fun. :)
MerlinPowered

Postby Willem » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:21 am

chalkeee wrote:incidentally , when i got my copy of good omens signed by neil gaiman, he wrote " burn this book" and told me i would have to go to terry to get the other half of the joke, but as yet he hasn't been back this end of the country since... anyone got the missing half?

I think it's something like 'apply match here'
Scientists are predicting the future will be much more futuristic than originally predicted
Willem

Postby Bouncy Castle » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:30 am

Molokov wrote:MerlnPowered: Your best bet for Terry's next Australian trip would be at Nullus Anxietas IV next year in Melbourne (see http://ausdwcon.org for details). He's not confirmed YET, but I know the committee is trying! He came to Sydney for NA3 in 2011.

Even if Terry can't make it, the Convention is a fantastic chance to have lots of fun with many other fans. Plus Terry will more than likely do a Skype call if he can't be here in person (he did that for the Unseen University Convivium in Adelaide this year) so you will still be able to ask him questions :)

Reminds me. If there's another book due out round that time, and they've issued samplers, let me know if you want some, and I'd be happy to oblige.
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby Molokov » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:38 am

Cheers, Bouncy. I don't think Terry has any novels planned for release in the next six months - After all, we got The Long Earth *and* Dodger this year, plus there's lots of spin-off books still to come (Blink of the Screen, Compleat Ankh-Morpork, Turtle Recall, Science of Discworld 4). He's talked about The Long Earth 2 and the next Discworld novel as being worked on, but I don't think any release dates have been announced yet.
Nullus Anxietas V - The Australian Discworld Convention
10-12 April 2015
Novotel Parramatta, New South Wales, Australia
http://ausdwcon.org
Molokov

Postby Bouncy Castle » Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:54 pm

Well if anything changes, you know where I am. :D
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby The Mad Collector » Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:39 pm

chalkeee wrote:incidentally , when i got my copy of good omens signed by neil gaiman, he wrote " burn this book" and told me i would have to go to terry to get the other half of the joke, but as yet he hasn't been back this end of the country since... anyone got the missing half?

The other half is Terry writing

Place match here

It also occurs the other way round, whichever one signed the book first would put "Burn this book"
One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
The Mad Collector

Previous

Return to Terry Pratchett