Would you believe it? Money for gold!

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Would you believe it? Money for gold!

Postby Dotsie » Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:27 pm

Well, there are some people who perhaps don't have the necessary life skills to reclaim their PPI (you have to be tenacious), and these might be more likely to use credit, so if they get at least some back why not?
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Bouncy Castle » Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:37 pm

The ads on the radio say things like "I got £3,500 back from Halifax within a month".

Doesn't say how much they had to pay the company who did the work for them.
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby Tonyblack » Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:39 pm

I had one of those calls, but by the time I'd told them that I'd never had a bank loan and always paid off my credit card they hung up. :roll:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Bouncy Castle » Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:42 pm

I used to get several a week at work (I had a £3,000 loan about seven yrs ago, and paid it off over 2 yrs), but my boss started to say "She doesn't work here anymore" and I now do the same, and the calls are slowing down.

One woman who works in my bank (Santander) said she gets them at home, and she's never had a load, etc.
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby Dotsie » Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:57 pm

I had a bank loan, for which I was told I needed PPI (and I could prove it beyond reasonable doubt, which went very bad for them). I had to nag repeatedly, and eventually get the ombudsman to intervene (I sent emails so I had a record, which they ignored :roll: ). I got the money back, but I can see why some people might give up if they're not very confident or have no proof.
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby raptornx01 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:59 pm

we had a billboard right near my place for the gold thing for awhile. i don't find it all annoying, just don't have any interest.

as for calls. i'm so glad my phone is set up to block calls not in my contacts :lol:
"The reason an author needs to know the rules of grammar isn't so he or she never breaks them, but so the author knows how to break them."
raptornx01

Postby raisindot » Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:05 pm

raptornx01 wrote:we had a billboard right near my place for the gold thing for awhile. i don't find it all annoying, just don't have any interest.

Well, you do live in south Florida right? The usual way people get gold down there is to turn people upside down and shake their fillings out. :D
raisindot

Postby raptornx01 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:08 pm

Lol, i wish i could say that was wrong, but i'd be a stonefaced liar.
"The reason an author needs to know the rules of grammar isn't so he or she never breaks them, but so the author knows how to break them."
raptornx01

Postby raisindot » Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:16 pm

raptornx01 wrote:Lol, i wish i could say that was wrong, but i'd be a stonefaced liar.

We Yankees are much more civilized about it. In Boston, we simply tax your fillings!
raisindot

Postby chris.ph » Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:24 pm

santander phoned me up a couple of years ago and asked me if i thought i had been missold the ppi on a loan i had with them, wot did they think i was going to say, bloody idiots, they sent me 2and a half grand :D :D :D which my mrs spent :(
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Previous

Return to The Broken Drum