Favourite character?

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby chris.ph » Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:41 pm

welcome to the site nat :)
cant decide either the luggage or the librarian
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
User avatar
chris.ph
Member
 
Posts: 8586
Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:52 am
Location: swansea south wales

Postby nattheweirdo » Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:40 pm

Thanks for all the welcomes guys :3

I have to say up there with vimes are moist vetinari and Granny...Nanny is hilarious :) my friend and I also think Greebo is great :D i Really want the paul Kidby poster xD
Samuel Vimes is awesome - Simple as :)
~
Vetinari: Did you really just punch the head of
the assassins guild?
Vimes: Yessir
Vetinari: Why?
Vimes: Didn't have a dagger sir.
User avatar
nattheweirdo
Member
 
Posts: 108
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:41 pm
Location: Devon, UK

Postby Danny B » Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:59 am

In no particular order, I would say that my favourite characters are Granny Weatherwax, Nanny Ogg, Sam Vimes, Cohen the Barbarian, Mustrum Ridcully, DEATH and of course Rincewind, for his cynicism, his pessimism, his humanism, compassion and his incredible bravery. (Yes, bravery... Think about it for a moment or two.) As a cat person and cat owner, I'd also like to say that Greebo rocks.
User avatar
Danny B
Member
 
Posts: 355
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:55 am
Location: Northumberland, UK

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:08 pm

Good Choices all Danny... kewl and a lot of us like cats here too.
Aha! So, Bob's yer uncle... very clever.
User avatar
Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit
Member
 
Posts: 3885
Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 7:25 pm
Location: Byron IL USA and The Quirm School for Young People ... it's genetic, you know

Postby chris.ph » Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:36 pm

some dont tho :lol:
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
User avatar
chris.ph
Member
 
Posts: 8586
Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:52 am
Location: swansea south wales

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:23 pm

I bet your Troy does - roasted perhaps? :wink:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
User avatar
Jan Van Quirm
Member
 
Posts: 10474
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:07 pm
Location: Dunheved, Kernow

Postby Trish » Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:58 pm

chris.ph wrote:some dont tho :lol:


You can only properly dislike cats when you have one. Or two... ;0)
I spend as much on lint rollers as groceries.

Favorites..
Granny, Vimes, DEATH, Dorfl. Sybil, got to love Sybil. And Otto.
Trish
Member
 
Posts: 547
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:54 pm
Location: Wintersville, Ohio

Postby poohbcarrot » Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:08 pm

Trish wrote:Favorites..
Granny, Vimes, DEATH, Dorfl. Sybil, got to love Sybil. And Otto.


How many deaths has Dorfl been responsible for? Didn't he help create the white golem? :lol:
Image
"It's better to belong where you don't belong than not to belong where you used to belong,
remembering when you used to belong there"
-Sneebs
poohbcarrot
Member
 
Posts: 1557
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:15 pm
Location: Japan

Postby Cheery » Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:13 pm

Hi Danny!

Not particulary, but pretty much in this order: Vimes and the whole city watch, Moist and Groat, Vetinari, Death, the Librarian, Maurice... oh, and the wizards (and the wizzard). And William de Worde. And Otto.
Oh, what the heck: All of them! :D

But if I have to choose one single character, only one without any exceptions, it has to be Sam Vimes. :D
User avatar
Cheery
Member
 
Posts: 1544
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:19 pm
Location: Switzerland

Postby Tonyblack » Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:01 pm

Cheery wrote:Hi Danny!

Not particulary, but pretty much in this order: Vimes and the whole city watch, Moist and Groat, Vetinari, Death, the Librarian, Maurice... oh, and the wizards (and the wizzard). And William de Worde. And Otto.
Oh, what the heck: All of them! :D

But if I have to choose one single character, only one without any exceptions, it has to be Sam Vimes. :D
Hey! Cheery's back! :D
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
User avatar
Tonyblack
Moderator
 
Posts: 28673
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:29 pm
Location: Cardiff, Wales

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:32 pm

poohbcarrot wrote:How many deaths has Dorfl been responsible for? Didn't he help create the white golem? :lol:


Stop that you naughty man... does a really good job of restraining herself... Tremendous really.

You must have been exposed far too much to Will Smith in I Robot... tch tch
Aha! So, Bob's yer uncle... very clever.
User avatar
Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit
Member
 
Posts: 3885
Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 7:25 pm
Location: Byron IL USA and The Quirm School for Young People ... it's genetic, you know

Postby Dotsie » Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:55 am

Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit wrote:You must have been exposed far too much to Will Smith in I Robot


I wish :roll:
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
User avatar
Dotsie
Member
 
Posts: 9412
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:07 am

Postby Cheery » Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:53 pm

Tonyblack wrote:
Cheery wrote:Hi Danny!

Not particulary, but pretty much in this order: Vimes and the whole city watch, Moist and Groat, Vetinari, Death, the Librarian, Maurice... oh, and the wizards (and the wizzard). And William de Worde. And Otto.
Oh, what the heck: All of them! :D

But if I have to choose one single character, only one without any exceptions, it has to be Sam Vimes. :D
Hey! Cheery's back! :D


HELLO!!!
Been extremely busy with work and school and all that... Especially work. We are totally overloaded. Suddenly everyone wants their cards, flyers, magazines and adverts printed, unfortunatly right now, when everybody's on holiday! :x :?
User avatar
Cheery
Member
 
Posts: 1544
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:19 pm
Location: Switzerland

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:05 pm

Dotsie wrote:
Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit wrote:You must have been exposed far too much to Will Smith in I Robot


I wish :roll:


:lol: :lol: :lol:
Aha! So, Bob's yer uncle... very clever.
User avatar
Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit
Member
 
Posts: 3885
Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 7:25 pm
Location: Byron IL USA and The Quirm School for Young People ... it's genetic, you know

Has to be "The Duke"

Postby CrossleeSaint » Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:08 pm

Just has to be "The Duke" (and we are not talking John Wayne" Sir Samuel Vimes my fav he just ticks all the boxes and "The Watch series" of books are the ones I love most.
Captain Carrot does run him close, but Sam Vimes does what it says on the box...with bells on.
I am coming late to Discworld but loving very bit of it (have read 11 books in the last month).
A frustrated off-discworlder
Although Scotland can sometimes feel like it is rimwards and ready to go over the edge
CrossleeSaint
New member
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:03 pm
Location: Crosslee, Scotland

PreviousNext

Return to Discworld novels

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests