The Elder Scrolls V

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: The Elder Scrolls V

Postby ShortStacked » Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:39 pm

Yeah, I go through horses at a rather alarming rate. I fully admit, I want Dragonbone weapons. Just because, yeah...
She's the type of girl that can be so hurt but can still look at you and smile
ShortStacked

Postby Penfold » Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:57 am

raisindot wrote:
ShortStacked wrote:I'm waiting not-so-patiently for Dawnguard for the PS3. Though I will say, I'm enjoying the crap out of the mounted combat the latest patch enabled! Note: dismount for dragons or you'll run through horses like crazy!!

Might be a long wait, SS. We PS3ers are always last on the list.

I haven't download the latest update because I've heard it does some nasty things to certain quests I've haven't done yet.
Heck, I don't need no DLC--I'll settle for a bug-fix update that actually REMOVES all the 'repeat quests' that I can't do because the map shows the areas as "cleared" or lets me get rid of all the stupid things in my inventory I no longer need because the quests are done. And I don't use no stinkin' horses anymore because the stupid dragons keep killin' em all off.

I'm playing on pc so I don't know if it is any different for you;

When if an area is marked "cleared", creatures etc. still respawn so I can still return to complete quests.

Removing obsolete items from the inventory after the quest is complete is a pain but can be achieved with the console command "player.drop [item code] 1" or "player.removeitem [item code] 1". A list of the 'item codes' or bug fixes can be found with a little searching HERE under the individual quests.

I've always found horses (and followers) more of a hindrance than a help and use neither where possible. :D
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.

Len Brook Photography
Penfold

Postby Bickaxe » Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:00 pm

PC version too. Steam workshop has some handy additions but only got a few.
My first character is so strong that dragons run away and I can't keep up, horses are useless.
Started again a while back focusing on magic this time but was waiting for expansion. So much going on right now that it'll have to wait til Xmas.
Fiendish til the en-
:twisted:
Bickaxe

Postby Cohen » Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:18 pm

"Sorrow comes from a world upturned"
Cohen

Postby raisindot » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:58 pm

We neglected PS3ers don't have have the Dawnguard update yet, not that I'm particularly itching for it--not for $20, half the price of the full game, that is.
raisindot

Postby Cohen » Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:32 pm

It's sad really. I know that there is a problem like that with Mass Effect 3. I'm sure that I read somewhere that the 360 gets priority with regard to DLC's and Skyrim, not sure if this is the same for ME3 though.
"Sorrow comes from a world upturned"
Cohen

Postby CrysaniaMajere » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:43 am

I'm level 47 now :D I read on the internet the limit is 81, but I still have lots to do :P
CrysaniaMajere

Postby raisindot » Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:35 pm

CrysaniaMajere wrote:I'm level 47 now :D I read on the internet the limit is 81, but I still have lots to do :P

I think I'm somewhere near that, but I've kind of put it aside because I've essentially done just about everything and all that's really left for me is to finish the main story. After that, all that's left is just wandering around killing stuff. Or do the Thieves Guild stuff which really doesn't interest me all that much.
raisindot

Postby CrysaniaMajere » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:07 am

I still have a lot to do, I haven't even begun the Thieves Guild thing. So I'll play some more :D
CrysaniaMajere

Postby CrysaniaMajere » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:06 am

I still have to do at least the academy of wizards plot, and that will take some time, since every time I try to go back to the academy the anciend dragon eats me alive :roll:
CrysaniaMajere

Postby raisindot » Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:30 pm

CrysaniaMajere wrote:I still have to do at least the academy of wizards plot, and that will take some time, since every time I try to go back to the academy the anciend dragon eats me alive :roll:

Yeah, they stink. I usually turn it down to novice level when I'm having problems with anything.
raisindot

Postby Bickaxe » Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:44 pm

My character goes looking for them, doesn't take much to kill them. Not played for a long time so will have to another go now its been updated a bit.
Fiendish til the en-
:twisted:
Bickaxe

Postby CrysaniaMajere » Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:53 am

I think I'll try lowering the difficulty, yes, that might be a good idea. Usually I could manage with dragons, I made myself a nice light dragon armor thanks to them :D , but this ancient one is a tough one :!:
(and I could do with a heavy dragon armor too, now that my light armor ability is already 100%)
CrysaniaMajere

Postby raisindot » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:14 pm

Lord, I'm going to start sounding like one of this game nerds here, but when fighting dragons it always helps to figure out which of magic attack (flame, ice, whatever) they typically use and then equip yourself with a shield or armor that defends against magic and/or that element. The fire/cold/whatever resistance and regeneration potions help a lot as well.

And while I won't spoil too much for you, if you're having trouble defeating certain things I recommend that you focus on finishing the Daedric quests. They can be tough, but at the end they give you the best weapons, armor and headgear you can get without smithing and enchanting.
raisindot

Postby CrysaniaMajere » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:29 am

:lol: I don't play a lot, last game I did was Oblivion and that's it ;)
I'll try all that, also I still have to do the daedric things, I haven't paid them much attention until now.
CrysaniaMajere

PreviousNext

Return to Games