What do you do?

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

What do you do?

Postby chillicamper » Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:33 am

This has probably been asked before, but I searched and couldn't find it. :doh:

So what do you all do. Do we have anyone here with an interesting job?

I'll start the ball rolling with a world of dullness I'm afraid. I feel I should stand up like I'm at a support meeting to say this but........here goes.......

I work as an account handler for a commercial insurance broker.........sorry :roll: It's not my 1st career choice honest! but it pays the bills

I used to be a lumberjack. *sings* I'm a lumberjack and I'm OK...... ahem :oops:

Well a tree surgeon/forestor/landscaper. But a bad shoulder injury put paid to having fun swinging a chainsaw around, so now I'm chained to a desk.

So come on.......has anyone got a more interesting job then me.........that can't be difficult?? :lol:
Wooden stuff at www.iwoodlovethat.co.uk
chillicamper

Re: What do you do?

Postby pip » Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:54 am

I'm an Environmental Remote Sensor and GIS Analyst and technician. :D
'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby Dotsie » Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:02 am

I'm a geomicrobiologist & I lecture in virology & microbiology. Woohoo germs!
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby wicked woman » Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:12 am

I used to be a gardener till back problems stopped me. Now I sell beauty products/team lead for a direct sales company.

@pip. Does that sound so impressive in english? :?
Of all the forces in the universe, the hardest to overcome is the force of habit. Gravity is easy-peasy by comparison.
wicked woman

Postby pip » Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:36 am

In English - I create maps on computers using sattelite and aerial surveys , i create 3d surfece maps and I model floods and erosion events for planning . Or simpler I make maps :D
I also do a bit of lecturing in Geography and environmental science
'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby Bouncy Castle » Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:48 am

I work for 3 small charities, related to the shipping and corn/wheat trades.
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby michelanCello » Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:54 am

pip wrote:In English - I create maps on computers using sattelite and aerial surveys , i create 3d surfece maps and I model floods and erosion events for planning . Or simpler I make maps :D

This sounds interesting! :D

I'm in no-man's-land for the summer, but if everything goes right (with me you never know :P ) I'll start internetional studies at a university in Bp in September... will tell you what it's about as soon as I find out :P
Listen.
michelanCello

Location: Budapest, Hungary (and yes, I'm sure it's Budapest, not Bucharest)

Postby pip » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:15 am

michelanCello wrote:
pip wrote:In English - I create maps on computers using sattelite and aerial surveys , i create 3d surfece maps and I model floods and erosion events for planning . Or simpler I make maps :D

This sounds interesting! :D

I'm in no-man's-land for the summer, but if everything goes right (with me you never know :P ) I'll start internetional studies at a university in Bp in September... will tell you what it's about as soon as I find out :P

Usually is but right now i'm just fixing others expensive screw ups . :roll:
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby Mrs Ogg » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:34 am

I'm a school learning support officer. I work with kids that have learning difficulties eg autism. Love it!
Mrs Ogg

Postby Penfold » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:47 am

I'm a croupier, although I only work part time now so I can actually have set days off each week and a social life. I would also add that the job is nothing like what you see in James Bond films or other movies. :D
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.
Penfold

Postby Seimimac » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:58 am

I'm an Irish language Development Officer. I work with indivduals and groups at ground level, to help develop understanding and support structures for the language, and I also, as part of a larger team, meet regularly with representatives of the British and Irish governments, ministers in each, and ministers and members of the Assembly and Executive here in NI, and parties within both.

The work at ground level with the individuals and groups is by far the most interesting and rewarding work :)
Seimimac

Postby Bickaxe » Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:02 am

I'm a Transport Planner.
I organise HGV's to pick up steel in Cardiff and take it wherever it needs to go around the country. Then I try to get something to bring back. We only know where we are going the day before so when you have 45 drivers to organise and plan, it can get hectic. Have to think about driving hours and other things too. Long hours and not exactly great pay but its better than nothing :D

When I grow up I want to be a Transformer or an astronaut
Fiendish til the en-
:twisted:
Bickaxe

Postby ChristianBecker » Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:03 pm

I don't work, I'm a student. :D
Studying pharmacy now, but before that I made a university degree Latin, Greek and chemistry and wanted to become a teacher, which didn't work out. Worked as a IT technician for nearly 2 years before that became too dull and colleagues started to get on my nerves and I thought that I can't be having with having studied in vain, so I looked for something related to chemistry.
On with their heads! I'm the clown prince of fools
if you don't get the joke it's your loss
Love and laughter you see are the new currency
'cause greed's coinage is not worth a toss

Exile yourself to the unforgiving continent of Wraeclast!
ChristianBecker

Postby Del » Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:35 pm

Dotsie wrote:I'm a geomicrobiologist & I lecture in virology & microbiology. Woohoo germs!

Really? So is my niece. Though she has severe Lupus and spends large amounts of time on chemo so uses her degrees, etc to tutor other med and science students towards their degrees when she isn't so very ill.
Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
Del

Postby ShortStacked » Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:37 pm

I'm a dispatcher for my local sheriff's office, at least until I can go to the Academy and become a deputy myself (TWO MORE MONTHS WOOO!!). Thankfully, we're not a major hotspot of crazy crimes, mostly just stupid things like people breaking into cars and whatnot, though I will say I've had occasion to work a few "hot" calls closer to what a lot of law enforcement is presented like on TV.
She's the type of girl that can be so hurt but can still look at you and smile
ShortStacked

Next

Return to The Broken Drum