Now that the convention program is out...

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Now that the convention program is out...

Postby SimStars13 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:48 pm

What items are you most looking forward to? (personally it's the sing a long Dr Horrible :D ...)

Also - what items would you recommend to other convention goers? To novice convention goers? Where will you be frequenting? etc.

It's about 16 days by my count 'till it starts....
"Martin! I thought we sold you"

DFTBA
SimStars13

Re: Now that the convention program is out...

Postby KarenM » Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:35 pm

If you're a novice then I'd recommend attending A Troll's Guide to Conventions, it's really useful :)

My top insider tip for this year is the Watch Team interview on Sunday at 3pm, it should be *really interesting* or I'll eat any hat you care to mention.

K
KarenM

Postby Penfold » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:46 pm

Not so much as what items (I'm looking forward to everything that happens) but most of all I'm looking forward to meeting the other forum members in person. :D
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.

Len Brook Photography
Penfold

Postby KarenM » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:57 pm

I really hope that people come up and introduce themselves to me - I know I'm going to be rushed off my feet so I won't get a chance to hunt people out but if anyone does have the urge, please do come and say hello!

Also, if I'm looking stressed just say nice things and wave a bottle of gin at me, that normally does the trick. It's like horse whispering but a bit different.

K
KarenM

Postby Jason » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:10 pm

Looking forward to meeting other members of the board and also looking forward to the team from The Watch series. Might be fun to find out more about Backspindle's new game and I am looking forward to see how well Strangely Fascinating works. I'll be listening out to see if any of my questions get used :)
TCOM-12 - Ludeum in tympanus
Editor Discworld Monthly
Jason

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:25 pm

Strangely Fascinating will likely remain a mystery even to the Elves until we get to rehearsals at the Hilton Image
I'm sweating on the last guest confirming and also what technology for slides we'll have and how they work but hopefully Eelco will be getting us a contact in the tech team and they can talk us through getting something like the visuals on QI sorted. :?

But your questions will most definitely be in there Jason :dance:

And yeah - meeting up with people known and unknown except by name will be the greatest fun :mrgreen:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Del » Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:09 am

*sigh*

Have a whole heap of fun everyone......... *sigh*

Ohhhhhhhhh I got this from the Terry Pratchett Facebook page.... it rather tickled my fancy.... since I once DID play the accordion when very young...

terrypratchettFB.jpg
Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
Del

Postby Dotsie » Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:24 am

Penfold wrote:Not so much as what items (I'm looking forward to everything that happens) but most of all I'm looking forward to meeting the other forum members in person. :D

Be careful what you wish for! :lol:
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Return to The Broken Drum