Fairy Garden help please

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Fairy Garden help please

Postby chris.ph » Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:51 pm

its a rubber based glue very similar to pva but its waterproof :ugeek:
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Batty » Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:00 pm

Styrene-butadiene or styrene-butadiene rubber (SBR) describe families of synthetic rubbers derived from styrene and butadiene.
Is also known as 'stupid, bl***y, rubber', when it doesn't do as it's told!! ;)
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby Del » Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:09 pm

But can kids use it without getting "overly happy" or being forever stuck with 27 paddle pop sticks stuck to their fingers for less than two years? :lol:

Oh and just a quiet craft hint here Catch-up.... NEVER EVER EVER try to open a super-glue tube with your teeth. NEVER! NEVER DO THAT! :oops:

*Phone call* " eelk eeee! elk eeeee! I ot ue on I ihs air I airihied oo ohe I oush! Elk eeee!

"You got super-glue on your lips and you are terrified to close your mouth???? Mum? Call an ambulance!"

"ow I oshed oo oo at?"

"Good point! Do you want me to call them?"

"Oooooooooooooooh!!!!! Oh! Oh! elk eee!"

"Well if you wont call an ambulance how can I help you! Wash your mouth out with water!"

" Ohhhhh! uh-ha oo ets ish orta"

"Its sets with water? Oh... let me get on google.... still think you need to call an ambulance Mum!"

"Ohhhhhhhhh! Elk eee!"
Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
Del

Postby Batty » Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:15 pm

That takes me back to when I had just joined this forum, and there was a discussion on someone gluing their lips together.

I suggested that it woold result in them being stuck for words! :whistle:
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby Sister Jennifer » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:04 am

Quatermass wrote:If I recall, there was a fairy garden cum shop at Bauple. In case you're wondering, that's a tiny...not sure whether I can call it a town, really, between Gympie and Maryborough in Queensland. Macadamia nuts used to be called Bauple nuts, believe it or not... :think:

I've been there. The fairy lady shopkeeper was full-on. Threw glitter in my face when we walked in the door. I submitted straight away, Yes I believe in fairies! Don't turn me into anything unnatural!

Batty I was joking when I said you were diabolical btw. I actually thought that was V. funny ;) .
Undead yes -
Unperson no!
Sister Jennifer

Postby jtrhoades » Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:32 am

Del wrote:But can kids use it without getting "overly happy" or being forever stuck with 27 paddle pop sticks stuck to their fingers for less than two years? :lol:

Oh and just a quiet craft hint here Catch-up.... NEVER EVER EVER try to open a super-glue tube with your teeth. NEVER! NEVER DO THAT! :oops:

*Phone call* " eelk eeee! elk eeeee! I ot ue on I ihs air I airihied oo ohe I oush! Elk eeee!

"You got super-glue on your lips and you are terrified to close your mouth???? Mum? Call an ambulance!"

"ow I oshed oo oo at?"

"Good point! Do you want me to call them?"

"Oooooooooooooooh!!!!! Oh! Oh! elk eee!"

"Well if you wont call an ambulance how can I help you! Wash your mouth out with water!"

" Ohhhhh! uh-ha oo ets ish orta"

"Its sets with water? Oh... let me get on google.... still think you need to call an ambulance Mum!"

"Ohhhhhhhhh! Elk eee!"

Acetone.
Found in most nail polish removers.
jtrhoades

Postby Batty » Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:48 am

Sister Jennifer wrote:Batty I was joking when I said you were diabolical btw. I actually thought that was V. funny ;) .

Dug wrote: Twisted that woman is

I quite like the idea of being twisted and diabolical! ;)
Batty

Postby Broccolee » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:03 pm

That fairy garden looks great,Catch-up! Just to my mind maybe still a bit bare? How about planting some slightly larger plants around it,which will shelter it and make it look a bit more mysterious and secluded,so that fairies can hide between the leaves.Fairies prefer to have running water close,so if you want to splash out a bit,install a tiny fountain or brook,you can use a small water tank pump for this,you´d just need a water proof power connection.Also don´t forget that fairies like living close to their friends,like butterflies and bumblebees,caterpillars and beetles.

So how about Buddeleja,summer lavendar etc.,who all attract butterflies and bees and will make for fairies,too : "Girls,was that flutter just now a fairy?I´m sure it was!!"Fairies also like "old-fashioned" plants and herbs that used to grow wild in gardens or forests or along the roadside.Google to find plants that would be good for your garden together with your girls,which will also mean they will learn a lot about old gardens,flowers and herbs,plus you can be environment friendly and find plants that are nearly extinct and give them a place to grow and thrive.Some of those "old" plants are especially important for certain kinds of insects.You could add an insect home,which is easy to make and cool,as you can watch all sorts of insects "move in".It could hang on the fence behind the garden and will stay interesting for a long time.

Also,how about watching that film about the two little girls who found fairies and took pictures of them.They also made houses for the fairies,so you can get new ideas.
Hope you like my ideas!Have fun!
It´s still magic even if you know how it´s done.
Broccolee

Postby Catch-up » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:05 pm

Batty, I do love your squished fairy! :lol: Love the fairy sandcastle idea! I have to admit that hubby and I took over the landscaping, but until we did the girls didn't seem as interested. Well, that's not quite true, Thing 1 helped a lot with the landscaping. Love the fairy in the cage too! Get a picture for us Del, please. :D I'll have a look for that glue Chris, thanks! I've been using hot glue and it's just not holding up. Used it for our popsicle stick fence and it fell apart. Used it to glue sticks to the bottom of the little Wade figurines we used as garden statues to help keep them in place and they're starting to come off. Also got a lovely blister on one finger when a big drop of hot glue dropped on it. :( I had to hold on to an ice pack for over an hour before it stopped stinging. Here are a few more pictures. The girls have done some more decorating.

“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Tonyblack » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:10 pm

I have to say that the fairy house - at least in that photo - looks a bit like the old fashioned garden privvy. Complete with hole in the door. :lol:

But it all looks spendid, so ignore me. ;)
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Catch-up » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:14 pm

:lol: It does! It's actually a birdhouse. Thought it would be more durable. But, now with all the other stuff in place, I wish I'd bought or made something fancier.
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
Catch-up

Postby Tonyblack » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:15 pm

Nah - this way you get to make it fancier in your own way. ;)
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Catch-up » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:20 pm

We could put on additions! :D
Catch-up

Postby ShadowNinjaCat » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:31 pm

A nice idea for after it's all finished,might be to leave some small sweets on the fairy table and let your kids find it.
A little thank you from the fairies for building them a house. :)
“We are all in the gutter,but some of us are looking at the stars.”- Oscar Wilde
ShadowNinjaCat

Postby raptornx01 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:33 pm

When I saw the first pic of the whole garden I also thought "Is that a fairy outhouse?" :lol:

but yeah, you love it more if you make something yourself then buying it, for a project like that.
"The reason an author needs to know the rules of grammar isn't so he or she never breaks them, but so the author knows how to break them."
raptornx01

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum