Small Gods

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Small Gods

Postby MongoGutman » Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:08 pm

I have a small plastic spiderman who stands high up on the cupboard overlooking the stairwell and who's there to save people from falling down the stairs.
Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? ~~ Oddball
MongoGutman

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:18 pm

I've got a Dragon I got as a Hogswatch prezzie sitting on my desk. His job is to prevent fires or something like that :P
A poster outside one shop urged people to Dig For Victory, as if it were some kind of turnip.
Sjoerd3000

Postby Tonyblack » Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:21 pm

Dragons don't prevent fires . . . :?
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:22 pm

This one does ;)

(most of the time :P)
A poster outside one shop urged people to Dig For Victory, as if it were some kind of turnip.
Sjoerd3000

Postby jtrhoades » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:51 pm

Snorlax
jtrhoades

Postby Tonyblack » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:17 pm

I used to enjoy Pokemon and I remember Snorlax. Psiduck was my favourite though. :lol:

I have some new Small Gods since that last one.

My jaguar, frog, Librarian and Charlene the Cat. (that's not a real $100 bill on the wall).

This is the monitor for my old computer (I have a laptop now). I have a miniture model of the USS Voyager as well as a big plastic spider. :mrgreen:
Tonyblack

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:45 pm

And looking after my back Pegfather and Frog the paperweight. :mrgreen:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby raptornx01 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:58 pm

Since my monitor is my 42" Vizio all I have on it is the center speaker for my sound system. but the top of my blu-ray/game cabinet I guess you could call the shrine to my interests. Has my
Lion King Blu-ray box set, my Soundwave diecast figure, The Delorian Time Machine set a friend got me for xmas one year, several delorian hot wheels cars (and a BTTF one), a Venom muscle car transformer, a Venom Mugg, a couple little mlp blind bag figures, and a bunch of little key chains i bought from the different countries I went to when i took that cruise last year.
"The reason an author needs to know the rules of grammar isn't so he or she never breaks them, but so the author knows how to break them."
raptornx01

Postby Del » Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:39 pm

I have pet... well pet is a loose word.... pet Dustbunnies. They are the goddessess of ummm of lively chatter.... cause while I am chatting I am certainly not bothering the Goddess Dustbunny and yay verily lo and betide those who DO annoy the Goddess Dustbunny for there will be a wailing and a sneezing and clouds shall fill the air....ominously....... like gathering storm clouds with a storm and such like *ooooohhhhh and wailey* Run away! Run away! Hide your children! (but not under the bed oh no for that is where the great Dust Bunny Gods do gather in force they do)

They do not look like statues and such like but if you are slow to chatter and being bored and all you CAN draw great signs in the dust bunnies leavings and make little pictures with your finger.

The Dust Bunny Gods are safe..... and they fear noone!!!!!! Noone you hear!!!!! Though do they tremble and quiver when they hear words most foul and evil...... VISITORS! For it is the VISITORS they do fear most and sure it will be there end as sure it will be..... For VISITORS are the death of chatter (online chatter to be more scientific) for there shall be no chatter whilst VISITORS are residing in the realm of the house.... Dust Bunnies must vacate! and hide in fear; NAY! LURK they do.... untilst VISITORS are banished and once again may they creep.... insidiously.... out out out once again into the realm of the house to reside in pleasure once more.... and yay verily.... once the Dust Bunnies have gained thier throne once more.... Chatter shall once more ensue in copious delight!

dustbunny.jpg
Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
Del

Postby Del » Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:04 pm

Actually I have some of these on my desk right now.... latest craft fad. So much fun to make..... My desk is usually littered with Hayden's bits and pieces at all other times.

fuzzimal.jpg
Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
Del

Postby Batty » Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:34 pm

Del wrote:I have pet... well pet is a loose word.... pet Dustbunnies. They are the goddessess of ummm of lively chatter.... cause while I am chatting I am certainly not bothering the Goddess Dustbunny and yay verily lo and betide those who DO annoy the Goddess Dustbunny for there will be a wailing and a sneezing and clouds shall fill the air....ominously....... like gathering storm clouds with a storm and such like *ooooohhhhh and wailey* Run away! Run away! Hide your children! (but not under the bed oh no for that is where the great Dust Bunny Gods do gather in force they do)

They do not look like statues and such like but if you are slow to chatter and being bored and all you CAN draw great signs in the dust bunnies leavings and make little pictures with your finger.

The Dust Bunny Gods are safe..... and they fear noone!!!!!! Noone you hear!!!!! Though do they tremble and quiver when they hear words most foul and evil...... VISITORS! For it is the VISITORS they do fear most and sure it will be there end as sure it will be..... For VISITORS are the death of chatter (online chatter to be more scientific) for there shall be no chatter whilst VISITORS are residing in the realm of the house.... Dust Bunnies must vacate! and hide in fear; NAY! LURK they do.... untilst VISITORS are banished and once again may they creep.... insidiously.... out out out once again into the realm of the house to reside in pleasure once more.... and yay verily.... once the Dust Bunnies have gained thier throne once more.... Chatter shall once more ensue in copious delight!

:clap: :clap: :clap: Image
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby janet » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:50 pm

Nothing on my monitor but there's a plethora of wee beasties close by. There's daughter's dolphin pod consisting of various ceramic and glass ones cavorting with some carved wooden African animals (elephant, giraffe and 3-legged rhino) nearest me on the mantelpiece. My perpetual calendar (with its stand and 3 wooden cubes which displays the day number and month and was a gift from Readers' Digest many years ago) is close to my oil burner and the chunky little Prinknash cream jug which holds water for the burner.
On the other side of the clock is an eclectic mix of critters...........a pot monkey from Mexico, a green stone cat, several owls which belonged to my mum including a wooden one from Switzerland which started her collection, a very old brass bunny rabbit and a dachshund dog, a group of mock-ivory three wise monkeys of medium size and another group of three monkeys in bronze (not brass) which is very tiny; several other cats to go with the owls, and two border terriers (one ceramic, the other reconstituted coal)....and a little bog oak lucky pig from Co Mayo. :D :D
The whole lot takes up a shelf 5 feet x 6 inches which also contains a picture or two and a modicum of dust at the moment which I hope to have carbon dated before disposing of it in a humane manner.
Doctorum Adamus cum Flabello Dulci
janet

Postby Sister Jennifer » Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:57 pm

That is what's been going on all this time. Nothing godly on my pc. Though all the swear words I've used over the years you'd think some sorta god would turn up. Maybe a little Charles Babbage figurine & a hippy load of incense sticks would do. Thanks Tony.
Undead yes -
Unperson no!
Sister Jennifer

Postby Catch-up » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:12 pm

Fun stuff! Thought about getting a picture of mine, but they need to be dusted first. :oops:
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Tonyblack » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:14 pm

Sister Jennifer wrote:That is what's been going on all this time. Nothing godly on my pc. Though all the swear words I've used over the years you'd think some sorta god would turn up. Maybe a little Charles Babbage figurine & a hippy load of incense sticks would do. Thanks Tony.

Internetta the Oh God of Computers. :lol:
Tonyblack

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum