Discworld QI at 2012 Convention IS a 'Goer'!!!!!

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Discworld QI at 2012 Convention a 'Goer'...?

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:19 pm

MAD - we'd be thrilled to have you on board as an elf. :D

Don't worry about the L-space side of things so far as the question setting's concerned as we really need to have that nailed before we even get to Birmingham to have a loose script put together for our Stephen Fry bod who'll be either Pat Harkin or Chris Boote (it was initially Pat but as he wasn't given the choice exactly Chris may duke it out with him as to which of them gets to be Alan instead :twisted: )

There's going to be a cut off point for this to be talked about on the forums (here and the CI's) as Eelco who's head of programming wants to keep things like the guest panellists IDs and other bits and bobs out of view so it's all a nice surprise on the night. What will happen is we'll likely get a mailgroup set up for the Elves (and whoever's Stephen as he has to ask the questions) so we can talk about theming and research in a private huddle and makes lists of things that need to be in place for the tech guys in advance of the convention so that as little as possible is left to do at the Hilton. This is why people who aren't going can also help out if they want, as most of the leg and brain work will be done over the next weeks and organised with Ops and the techies before we even get there.

I'll PM you in a mo and let you know what might be involved - so far I have mC, Sjoerd and WWD h'elfing me... :P
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Re: Discworld QI at 2012 Convention IS a 'Goer'!!!!!

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:02 pm

OK Chaps - as of yesterday Discworld QI is officially on the programme for the convention
and accordingly this thread will become a kind of drop in centre for the definitely signed up Discworld QI Elves who, atm are -

myself
Who's Wee Dug
Sjoerd
mC
engineeringsimon (musical director)
Dotsie and

Chris Boote who may be looking in here occasionally but is going to be our Stephen Fry/quiz master.

If you want to contribute to the format we'll be working on pre-convention with specific ideas for questions etc can you please PM me rather than post as the Monks of Cool don't want everything going on in the open too much from this point, although the programme will be out soon on the convention web site :dance:

If you want to be an Elf (whether or not you're going to the convention) you're still more than welcome to join us - again just PM me and I'll add you to the mailgroup we've set up :mrgreen:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:52 pm

Well - it looks like we're the warm up act for Maskerade! :? Currently scheduled, barring accidents for 1800H on the Saturday night :P
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:16 pm

We're in the 'posh' venue! :twisted: Listing for Strangely Fascinating at Unseen University
Jan Van Quirm

Previous

Return to Terry Pratchett