Fact 2:A page with ink on it is heavier than an unprinted page
Conclusion:A book distorts time and space more than blank papers
unseenu

Postby LilMaibe » Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:28 pm

Welcome and I agree: Very interessting :D
LilMaibe

Re: Another Witches Book?

Postby alicenanjing » Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:57 pm

I don't think that Granny is in any danger of going to the bad, Carpe Jugulum proved that, I think.
But that doesn't mean that there is nothing left for her to fight. She's already waging a fierce, albeit silent battle with the frailties of old age. How about fighting mortality, and the urge to keep on guarding the edges, keeping watch, making choices, sorting out people's problems for them? She has to let go sometime. But does that have to be now? Can't she win just this one more battle, untangle just this one more mess?
And then there are the young witches, honing their talents, maturing, while she gets old and not exactly weak - the flesh is weaker, but her spirit gets stronger all the time. She knows that one of them will take her place, and she's all for it, maybe she has even given her a few pointers. But when will she be ready to step down, if ever?
alicenanjing

Postby Char » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:30 pm

I've only just started Maskerade and haven't read Carpe Jugulum yet, but what I'd really like is a witches novel that focuses more on Nanny.

From a post I wrote on Tumblr about my thoughts after finishing Lords and Ladies:

I noticed that this one focussed a lot on Granny and Magrat, their relationship with each other, their differences and generally how they function as individuals. And I know there’s been other witches novels that concentrated more on Granny than the others, which is understandable - she is the unofficial leader after all, but I’d like to read one that gives Nanny a bit more attention.

She gets plenty of ‘screentime’ and all, and she gets to say some of the most amazing things ever (see my multitude of Nanny Ogg quotes), but so far she hasn’t really been in the limelight like the other two. She’s always the one who keeps the three of them together, the comic relief, the one who keeps Granny going, so Granny can keep everything else going. We’ve been able to see both Granny and Magrat at their best and worst and how they get through it and change themselves and things around them while Nanny just sort of props them both up. I’d like to see more of her story.

But I also love the aforementioned idea of a young Esme & Gytha novel. That would be an amazing read. :)
Char

Postby Tiffany » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:11 pm

Char wrote:But I also love the aforementioned idea of a young Esme & Gytha novel. That would be an amazing read. :)

That would be a very interesting & enjoyable read.

Welcome to the forum, Char. :greetings-wavingyellow: :greetings-wavingblue: I haven't seen you before.
Best wishes,
Tiff
Tiffany

Postby Tonyblack » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:14 pm

Tiffany wrote:
Welcome to the forum, Char. :greetings-wavingyellow: :greetings-wavingblue: I haven't seen you before.

:lol: :lol: :lol: You haven't looked very hard then. ;)
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Char » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:59 am

Tonyblack wrote:
Tiffany wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: You haven't looked very hard then. ;)

Haha, yea I've been here for a little while now, but never mind! Hello, thanks for the warm welcome! :greetings-wavingblue:
Char

Postby raptornx01 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:43 pm

Any book focusing on a young Nanny Ogg would have to be bound in a plain brown cover though.
"The reason an author needs to know the rules of grammar isn't so he or she never breaks them, but so the author knows how to break them."
raptornx01

Postby Dotsie » Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:00 pm

:lol:
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Cool Middle Name » Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:07 pm

I want a witches book D:
What happened to Agnes and Magrat?
And... I tried reading the Aching books but could not get past the first chapter of... Wintersmith? The ripoff of the Goblin King film. Not enough adult humour. xD
Veni... Vici... Vetinari!
Cool Middle Name

Postby raisindot » Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:23 pm

Cool Middle Name wrote:I want a witches book D:
And... I tried reading the Aching books but could not get past the first chapter of... Wintersmith? The ripoff of the Goblin King film. Not enough adult humour. xD

I never liked Wintersmith all that much, but The Wee Free Men (the first Tiffany book) is one of Pterry's best books period, as far as I'm concerned. While written for the YA audience, its themes are certainly adult enough. I'd try it first.
raisindot

Postby author3 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:06 am

raisindot wrote:
Cool Middle Name wrote:I want a witches book D:

I never liked Wintersmith all that much, but The Wee Free Men (the first Tiffany book) is one of Pterry's best books period, as far as I'm concerned. While written for the YA audience, its themes are certainly adult enough. I'd try it first.

The only thing I like about Wintersmith is the cover ;) .Other than that i don't really like the Tiffany books except for ISWM because of Esk's appearance :D
Do you know the Buffy fan?The Buffy fan,the Buffy fan.Do you know the Buffy fan?The one who is extremely obsessed.
author3

Postby KamexKoopa » Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:54 pm

I'd LOVE another Witches book :D much more than another bleeding Moist book ;)
Please check out my movie review vlog :)
http://www.thezerolevel.com/series/kamex-koopa-reviews/
KamexKoopa

Postby Dotsie » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:51 pm

The way you keep saying Moist book..... makes me think of Fifty Shades of Grey....

Which I don't own, by the way!
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Tonyblack » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:54 pm

I remember once telling someone that I loved Dick books. :oops:

After that I made sure to say books by Philip K Dick. :lol:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

PreviousNext

Return to Latest books