ZOMBIE SURVIVAL TRAINING IN THE US

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

ZOMBIE SURVIVAL TRAINING IN THE US

Postby pip » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:05 am

Great idea :lol: Much better than Call of Duty on the Xbox i'm guessing

http://trackerspdx.com/zombie-apocalypse/zombie-first-responder.php
'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Re: ZOMBIE SURVIVAL TRAINING IN THE US

Postby jtrhoades » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:11 am

Ugh, I hope that's tongue in cheek, people who actually believe that there's an impending zombie apocalypse are idiots.
jtrhoades

Postby pip » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:16 am

Not impending. I think we've a few years at least ;)
'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:21 am

What will they think of next? :roll: :whistle:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Quatermass » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:16 pm

Don't knock it, it'd be good and interest-grabbing training for a real emergency, even if there is a distinct lack of zombies.

Maybe they've been reading too much of The Zombie Survival Guide. Which, incidentally, I am picking up from a bookshop tomorrow, after having ordered it last week. It's scarily competently written and darkly humorous.
I've lived for over 2000 years, and not all of them were good ones. I've made many mistakes. And it's about time I did something about that.

-The Twelfth Doctor, Doctor Who: Deep Breath
Quatermass

Postby Dotsie » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:33 pm

Sounds like a hoot and a half to me, but then I have a very different interpretation of "idiots" :D
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby raptornx01 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:36 pm

I dunno man, after that incident here of the face eating i'm not to sure this is a bad idea. :?
"The reason an author needs to know the rules of grammar isn't so he or she never breaks them, but so the author knows how to break them."
raptornx01

Postby Del » Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:57 pm

Quatermass wrote:Don't knock it, it'd be good and interest-grabbing training for a real emergency, even if there is a distinct lack of zombies.

Maybe they've been reading too much of The Zombie Survival Guide. Which, incidentally, I am picking up from a bookshop tomorrow, after having ordered it last week. It's scarily competently written and darkly humorous.

You will love it Q.

Cant wait for World War Z to come out. Have you read that? Loved it too.

We already HAD our Zombie attack here btw Q.....

Queensland Police Service to test disaster dashboard QldAlert with mock zombie outbreak to coincide with World Zombie Day

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/quee ... 6161515796

and why not? :lol:
Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
Del

Postby spideyGirl » Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:09 pm

raptornx01 wrote:I dunno man, after that incident here of the face eating i'm not to sure this is a bad idea. :?

Forgot about that, that was seriously weird! :o
spideyGirl

Postby jtrhoades » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:23 pm

That's bath salts, not zombies.

Heck, PCP makes people into cannibals some times so it's not like it's a new phenomenon.

In order for there to be a zombie apocalypse there has to be a way to spread the "zombieism" to other victims, in many movies something like a virus.
Drugs just don't have anything like that, if a crazy guy on bath salts bites you it doesn't make you a zombie, it just hurts.
jtrhoades

Postby Del » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:32 pm

:? But he was a homeless guy...... what was he doing with Bath Salts???? :? I daresay he wouldnt have even had a bath at the ready.

Oh well... just goes to show the optimism one should always have in life huh? :D When you are down in the gutter without a bath... always carry bath salts... just in case you come across a bath!
Del

Postby janet » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:34 pm

Nasty world out there but I'm not scared I have an iron poker :x
Hang about Del...wasn't it the homeless guy who was attacked /eaten? UGH!
Doctorum Adamus cum Flabello Dulci
janet

Postby Del » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:38 pm

I have an iron. A very powerful steam iron actually. With a long cord. As long as they come at me within cord length and while I am ironing....... I will be fine! Bring it on I say!

Edit: Wot Janet? Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh you want me to talk sense? :lol: :lol: :lol: I thought we were discussing the exacting scientific facts of how a zombie virus can or cannot be spread....... :lol:
Del

Postby janet » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:12 pm

Del wrote:I have an iron. A very powerful steam iron actually. With a long cord. As long as they come at me within cord length and while I am ironing....... I will be fine! Bring it on I say!

Edit: Wot Janet? Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh you want me to talk sense? :lol: :lol: :lol: I thought we were discussing the exacting scientific facts of how a zombie virus can or cannot be spread....... :lol:

Crossed line there eh?
All we need to establish, in order to be safe, is the comparative efficacy of irons v. pokers. The steam iron may well have a sterilising effect on germs and be most helpful but the length of the cord limits its range. The poker is a free-moving unit but limited by the physical strength of the person wielding it. However, pure iron is meant to contain some elemental power which would have the blighters on their knees toot sweet and no messing. My poker wins then and the fact that there's not a single zombie within a gazillion miles proves it so.......... :whistle: :whistle:
Doctorum Adamus cum Flabello Dulci
janet

Postby Del » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:39 pm

True! And in a Zombie apocalypse I would have to depend on a continuing power supply to power the iron. :? And I have to admit.. if it came to ironing or fighting off zombies I would chose fighting off zombies every time.

Then again.... it DOES have a long cord and is a hefty thing.... so if I was caught out I could always swing it around my head by the cord..... and I wouldnt have to get as close to them as you would with your poker......
Del

Next

Return to The Broken Drum