How do you feel today? 4

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: How do you feel today? 4

Postby Kin Arad » Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:46 am

Sharlene that's wonderful news! :D :D

And tough luck Pip, but it will probably start raining soon so no worries! ;)
“Wouldn’t that unplug your heating pad?”
Kin Arad

Postby Catch-up » Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:58 am

That's rough Pip. Hope things cool off there and Harry is able to sleep better.
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Bouncy Castle » Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:42 pm

pip wrote:All grand CB just the poor kid not used to warm weather in Ireland.
Bu ttoday he is getting to visit Daddy at work which will be fun :D

HELLO HARRY

THANK YOU FOR MY BOOK.

LOVE AUNTY BOUNCY
xxxx
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby pip » Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:48 pm

He's not here yet :lol:
'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby raisindot » Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:51 pm

Sharlene, great news and glad to see you back. The level of literary discourse just hasn't been the same without you. :D
raisindot

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:04 am

Waily, Waily, Waily, I has kidneystones and that is NOT a laughing matter. It HURTS!!! Nivver again shall I want to face the buggers. OUCH!!
Aha! So, Bob's yer uncle... very clever.
Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit

Location: Byron IL USA and The Quirm School for Young People ... it's genetic, you know

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:08 am

Jan Van Quirm wrote::happy-bouncycyan: Great news Sharlene - that cheerleader's exhausting to watch though! ;) :lol:

I have really missed you all terribly. I hope the Olympics don't destroy the London Bridge. Watch out of idiot drivers from the States.

So glad you are doing well SWReader, it gives me hope for my knees.

Location: Byron IL USA and The Quirm School for Young People ... it's genetic, you know

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:24 am

Goodness Tina - you're turning into a walking directory of nasty conditions :shock:
(((((huggles lots but v. gently)))))
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Catch-up » Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:26 am

Slightly dehydrated and a little sore - because I did the parade yesterday! :shock: :D
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
Catch-up

Postby Del » Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:31 am

Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit wrote:Waily, Waily, Waily, I has kidneystones and that is NOT a laughing matter. It HURTS!!! Nivver again shall I want to face the buggers. OUCH!!

(((((((((((((TINA)))))))))))))))))

I have missed you so much. Is there an end in sight? You are having such a nasty run lately. If my good wishes could fly over there and give you wonderful painfree days you would have been better yesterday. xxxxx

Sharlene: Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyy!!!! Wonderful news! Really wonderful news! Hope we see more you you too now you are doing better.

See Tina... my magical good wishes DO work! ;)

Pip: Being the mum of two babies who had their first summer in almost 40C heat I can sympathise. Poor Morgan and Hayden spent more time in a tepid bath than in their beds in that heat... and we migrated to spend a few nights in malls at the worst of it as they opened up to let the elderly and babies cool. The only thing that mattered was keeping the little ones cool. For the first few years people thought my kids were very strange because they slept in winter with fans in their rooms... why? Because they grew SO used to having fans humming at full blast they couldnt sleep in winter without them... I just put really warm clothes on them. What I would do in heat was to point the fan to hit a wall that would bounce the breeze onto the baby who I would dress semi-warmly... and as the night cooled a bit then I would put a cover over them and turn the fan down.

Heres a hint from MY Mum... if you want to feel how the baby is handling the heat... then feel down the back of his neck. If he is sweating there then he is over hot.

The other best bit of info ever was (and this is going to sound really strange but bear with me).... treat you child like a "child-sized roast lamb". If you were freezing a YOU sized roast, and a baby sized roast.... who would freeze first? THEM.... so if YOU feel cold then the baby is very cold. Same for heat.... if you were cooking a you sized roast and a baby sized roast... who would cook first? Them. So they will overheat well before you feel the heat. See I told you it sounds weird... but it works.

How do I feel today? I DONT HAVE A MIGRAINE!!!!!!!!! I have lost three whole days.... totally gone no idea where. UGH! And Hayden broke the cardinal rule of children... "Thou shallt NOT get really sick when mummy is really sick" Poor darling woke up two nights ago and threw up all along the hallway to the toilet. So there I was crawling along the hallway calling out for her to hang on with one eye open trying to see, swabbing up sick. :roll: She was so amazing poor baby. She threw up all night and would get up and have a shower while I sat on the bathroom floor to make sure she was okay and we would both crawl back to bed.

We are both fine now (phew). Dont want a repeat of this for a long long long time.
Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
Del

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:36 am

Jan Van Quirm wrote:Goodness Tina - you're turning into a walking directory of nasty conditions :shock:
(((((huggles lots but v. gently)))))

I could deal with most things, pokes w/needles, Vampires needing 1/2 pint a day, it was the asshat who told me to get accupuncture and told me I was a nutter, who really ticked me off. I almost wept when my REAL doctor said I had something truly wrong and pinned it down. I have never done lawsuits before but Nutter Man is going to get a rude awakening very soon.

:romance-heart: :romance-heartbeating: :romance-heart: :romance-heartbeating: :romance-heart: :romance-heartstiny: I am so happy to feel like I am Not a nut job, well Not in a bad way... Hahahahaha

I have Missed you Terribly Del, never knowing if you were being zipped about like the flying Nun or whisked away on water, eaten by snakes and Koalas... Whee glad you are about and alive!!! <3

Postby Catch-up » Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:44 am

Oh Del. :( So sorry you and Hayden were so sick! It's so hard to help them out when you're in such bad shape yourself. Been there!

Tina, unfortunately there are doctors out there who try to put the blame on the patient when they're unable to do their job and figure out what's wrong with you. Give him everything you've got! He deserves it. :x
Catch-up

Postby Del » Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:51 am

Go Tina!

Hun... when you get the certificate that says:

TINA AKA HAS BEEN LEGALLED DECLARED SANE BY ORDER OF THE COURT OF BLAH BLAH BLAH....

have it framed and hang it near the front door..... tends to scare off door to door salemen! ;)
Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
Del

Postby Tonyblack » Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:54 am

Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit wrote:Waily, Waily, Waily, I has kidneystones and that is NOT a laughing matter. It HURTS!!! Nivver again shall I want to face the buggers. OUCH!!

Good to see you again, Tina! I was only wondering yesterday, where you had gone. Sorry about the kidney stones. :(
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Batty » Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:06 pm

OUCH! Kidney stones are one of the most painful complaints you can get! (((HUGS)))

SO glad that SW is feeling so good! It must be a huge relief to even start to feel that the worst is over, and it's just a matter of time before life returns to normal! :clap:
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum