Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

How do you feel today? 4

Postby Tonyblack » Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:13 pm

Time for a new thread. You can find 'How do you feel today? 3' HERE. :D
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Re: How do you feel today? 4

Postby Penfold » Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:18 pm

I was just about to post in that old thread when it 'cut me off' saying it was locked! :shock: :lol:

Best wishes for Mr Dotsie's first day, I'm sure he'll do well. :D
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.
Penfold

Postby Del » Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:41 pm

ME TOOOOOO ! :evil: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jan wrote:In other news, our new pup's not going to be 'released' to us until next Thursday at the earliest

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy! So that means YOU GOT HER !!!!! Brilliant news! They inspected the garden and didn't find the flatmates shallow grave huh? Great news Jan even if you have to wait for Xena. And good call renaming her... new life! New name! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Oh hey guys ... thanks for all the cheery ups from my recent post about the jobs. Oh my gosh! :lol: :lol: :lol: I am laughing. I come across sounding all needy and please please say I'm nice, say I'm gud nuff! :lol: :lol:

Nooooooooooooooo... I contract out of a company, that then sub-contracts to retail stores (mainly chains). My industry is cut-throat and the "thank you's" and "compliments" are about performance review and keeping clients. Thing is: I get bookings up to 6 months ahead....IF you want ME...... but some people and companies think they are being smart and play silly buggers by waiting until the sale is upon them and try to hire you the day before (Ohhhh! Big secret!)..... which is ridiculous and everyone in the retail industry KNOWS you need a huge mega-sale ON TOP of your regular mega-end-of-year-sale. Then they get all upset and mad because they cant get you (or in this case ME). And no Mad I dont work for peanuts. It cost a pretty penny to hire me hourly; but when you are talking daily budgets in the tens of thousands you can pay my fee in the first few minutes if you are smart. I PULL customers into your store.. its up to YOU to sell to them.

So if they cant get me, then they go off and hire "cowboys" who do a crap job and finally try blackmail to get me back... "If we cant have Del then we wont renew the contract". I like the owner of my business alot, she's a great lady but instead of telling them to go jump.... I agree to do it for her. If they get me, they renew then she will give them me now and again. NOW.... I know what has gone on.... so I go in knowing, with them suspecting I know.... :roll: You know how when some people have done the wrong thing they are all defensive???? Right.
So I went into the jobs with them having chips on their shoulder... The only way to combat it is to blow them away. Do a hell of a job! Blow their budget. :twisted: And you will damnwell thank me for it!!! (ie: tell thier national management it was good!) I shouldn't really get irked. I know how the system works. I can see when they sell a $2000 ring. I know when its just footfall and when they are selling. I also know that most jobs I do register on their "top 5 store performers" each month; and I know that the other managers know where I am working for the chains.... and they see the results.

I also know when a manager is trying to make up her whole yearly budget downfall in one day, has overestimated to their state manager, and who expects me to make it happen by some magical intervention. Because in two weeks time their position as manager will come under review.

Nah! I am good at my job. I just get "over" blatant consumerism at times; "over" managers who haven't the sense to assign more staff to serve the extra customers I bring in; MOST people I work for know me well and are just happy that they could get me.

I dont need to hunt for jobs... I have a waiting list. I should just say no to the crappy jobs. But the owner is a truly lovely lady and I hate to say no to her. I guess doing the crappy jobs makes me appreciate the good ones more right?

I think I just need a whole new job. So want to go back to work 7 days a week. But I have to have time off work for Haydens speech therapy and NOW Haydens councelling :roll:
Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
Del

Postby ShadowNinjaCat » Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:36 pm

Yay for Mr Dotsie's first day. :D
I hope you get Xena soon Jan and that she settles in nicely. :)
“We are all in the gutter,but some of us are looking at the stars.”- Oscar Wilde
ShadowNinjaCat

Postby chris.ph » Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:39 pm

well i got told today i have enteropathic arthritis in my right knee and base of my spine, so ive got an excuse now to take more painkillers ;) ;) :whistle: :whistle: and an excuse not to do any heavy lifting in the house :lol: :lol: :lol: (notice i didnt say work :roll: )
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Del » Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:50 pm

Hey chris ! Havent seen you around in ages. Helloooooooooooooooooo.....

Sorry to hear about the arthritis, and hope it doesnt flare up too much. ohhhhhhhhhh come here and have a hug!

((((((((((((((((((((chris)))))))))))))))))))) without touching your knee or lower back....
Del

Postby chris.ph » Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:54 pm

im blinkin hear every day del :roll: :lol: :lol: thx for the cwtch :D
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby michelanCello » Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:11 pm

Sorry to hear about your knee, Chris! Can something be done about it?
Listen.
michelanCello

Location: Budapest, Hungary (and yes, I'm sure it's Budapest, not Bucharest)

Postby ShadowNinjaCat » Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:14 pm

Sorry about your knee Chris.
“We are all in the gutter,but some of us are looking at the stars.”- Oscar Wilde
ShadowNinjaCat

Postby Del » Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:20 pm

chris.ph wrote:im blinkin hear every day del :roll: :lol: :lol: thx for the cwtch :D

OMG! EYE problems too on top of the arthritis??????? You poor thing! ;) :lol: :lol:
Del

Postby Catch-up » Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:36 pm

Ouch Chris! Sorry. :(

Del, you didn't come off as needy at all. Not recognizing a job well done is wrong whether you're in demand, doing them a favor, they're defensive - or whatever. They're still rude.
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Del » Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:09 pm

You have it in a nutshell catch-up. I cant stand rudeness and bad manners.... especially in business.
Del

Postby Catch-up » Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:12 pm

And it's so easy to say "Thank you!"
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Toothy » Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:48 pm

Good luck Mr Dotsie! :D

Boo to ungrateful business bods! :P

There, there, Chris. :romance-caress:
If all is not lost, then where is it?
Toothy

Postby Dotsie » Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:49 pm

Mr Dotsie survived his first day :D so it's looking good for day 2. Phew!
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Next

Return to The Broken Drum