What is your favourite TV-Series

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: What is your favourite TV-Series

Postby raptornx01 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:57 pm

Well, originally the show was called Enterprise. they only changed it to "Star Trek: Enterprise" later.
"The reason an author needs to know the rules of grammar isn't so he or she never breaks them, but so the author knows how to break them."
raptornx01

Postby Quatermass » Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:46 pm

Is that why, in the Futurama DVD movie Bender's Game, that this occurs?

"What have you been doing since you stole that antique TARDIS of yours, since you first landed on Skaro? Shouting 'Look at me!!! I'm not fighting a war!', while you battle the Daleks all the way through space and time."

-the Master
Quatermass

Postby raptornx01 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:45 am

Lol possibly. but that probably had more to do with Enterprise being the last tv series, and the only modern trek to not to go 7 seasons.
"The reason an author needs to know the rules of grammar isn't so he or she never breaks them, but so the author knows how to break them."
raptornx01

Postby Quatermass » Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:15 am

I saw a headline, I think on IGN, that if the next Star Trek movie is successful, they might do a new series based on that.
"What have you been doing since you stole that antique TARDIS of yours, since you first landed on Skaro? Shouting 'Look at me!!! I'm not fighting a war!', while you battle the Daleks all the way through space and time."

-the Master
Quatermass

Postby raptornx01 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:00 pm

I heard that. i dunno, i'd personally like them to continue where voyager left off. keep the same time line and tell us what happened after the dominion war. There had been rumors going around of them doing a series based on the Titan storyline from the books. Following Riker and Troy on the USS Titan as the federation is getting wiped out by an a new species and they are left in the outlying regions, the only ones to find a way to stop it.
raptornx01

Postby Bouncy Castle » Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:18 am

The only problem with carrying on is that the cast are all that much older.
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby Bickaxe » Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:28 pm

Since the release of the new(ish) movie, I figured that if another series was made it would be about Starfleet Academy, complete with 30yr old actors playing 17yr olds, some form of glee club, a sport which you need a lot of heart to play and a crisis every week that only they can solve.

Starfleet 90210 is the name i'm betting on :twisted:
Fiendish til the en-
:twisted:
Bickaxe

Postby CrysaniaMajere » Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:12 am

Since the movies are back before TOS, and already the first movie has changed star trek history completely, I thought they could do a new 5-years mission with the new cast and the new "situation"
CrysaniaMajere

Postby Dotsie » Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:36 am

Nooooooooo!
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Tonyblack » Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:01 pm

Dotsie wrote:Nooooooooo!

Agreed! :D
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby CrysaniaMajere » Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:37 am

^^^ ;) yeah, but I didn't say I was hoping for it, only that I thought it was the most likely thing to happen, since after the new films they cannot do a sequel to the last series... they've changed everything, so in a way everything that we've seen, every movie and every series, nothing exist anymore in this parallel universe of star trek. :roll:
CrysaniaMajere

Postby MongoGutman » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:24 am

They could look at it another way and have the show based around a ship from the Klingon Empire and every week they come across a new race or situation where they have to find novel ways to slaughter, subjugate or simply blow up their opponents.
Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? ~~ Oddball
MongoGutman

Postby Mycroft Vimes » Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:52 pm

We come in peace...

shoot to kill,shoot to kill,shoot to kill them all! :lol:

Didn't like the theme-tune from Star Trek Enterprise much either and it's way too long as well(that started with TNG,better but also much too long! :P )
And as far as crushes go,loved Jadzia but i'd travel the far ends of space for T'Pol . :romance-adore:
(Btw favourite TV-show atm is Bored to Death)
'It's just like crop circles. No matter how many aliens own up to making them, there are always a few diehards who believe that humans go out with garden rollers in the middle of the night-'
Mycroft Vimes

Postby Bouncy Castle » Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:34 am

Mycroft.

I've got the S1 DVDs of Bored to Death. I was - after about 2 episodes. :lol:

You can have them if you want.
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby Mycroft Vimes » Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:50 pm

It might be a select targetaudience-thing. :lol:
I could see it becoming old quite soon too though,so no but thanks for the offer! :mrgreen:
Also favourite atm are the repeats on scifi of the first Stargate-series still with McGyver. :)
'It's just like crop circles. No matter how many aliens own up to making them, there are always a few diehards who believe that humans go out with garden rollers in the middle of the night-'
Mycroft Vimes

PreviousNext

Return to TV, film, theatre