How do you feel today? 3

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: How do you feel today? 3

Postby Del » Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:30 pm

You dont have to swallow the garlic whole.... your stomach has to work a million times harder to break that down. And garlic can burn your stomach too dont forget that. So be careful if you have a touchy tum. I would crush it and mix it with something else to cushion it in the stomach. (Preferably a nice leg of lamb :D ) It will still get in.
Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
Del

Postby Dotsie » Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:12 pm

Hope all the unclean feel better soon :)

Back from my hols, got bitten loads so I'm mostly feeling itchy. Had a nice relaxing time, but it's good to be back.
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Tonyblack » Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:14 pm

Welcome back, Dotsie! :D
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Del » Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:15 pm

WELCOME BACK DOTS !

Dots wrote:Back from my hols, got bitten loads

Hun what you and the hubby get up to on your hols is totally YOUR business sweetie. You dont have to make ANY excuses to us here.
Del

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:17 pm

Welcome back Dotsie! :D
A poster outside one shop urged people to Dig For Victory, as if it were some kind of turnip.
Sjoerd3000

Postby Dotsie » Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:25 pm

:D
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Del » Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:50 pm

I had a major End of Financial Year sale to promote for a company at three different stores this week. The first job was horrible... though I know I did really well the manager was grumpy and would not admit my spruiking did any good (you get those on occasion) and kept telling me how to do my job :roll: The second one was another who didn;t want to admit I had done well but I knew I had. I know the traffic flow and budget of the store very well. But any thank you or praise... NOPE!

I thought it was just me having a low. You get them in this job sometimes... maybe once a year. Way too much happy happy and its hard in this financial climate. You have to work bloody hard at it. Sometimes you feel like just picking up the mic and saying "You know what? I dont give a rats arse if you buy a damn thing! I am going home to do something productive and beneficial to mankind!" My daughter and I had discussed it in the last week and she was having the same feelings. We dont usually get them at the same time and talk each other through it. It does pass usually. So I went to this new place today with doom and gloom over me (not that I showed it).

The girls were lovely and kept checking to make sure I had hot water for my throat and gave me a smile. At the end of the shift the manager had gathered the staff with her and personally thanked me for an amazing job, asked the girls to repeat to me the compliments they had said to her about me and my work, and said she would personally ask to have me back for future jobs. I get a "well done" etc from managers, but this was really lovely and meant so much to me after such a horrid previous two days.
Del

Postby Toothy » Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:04 pm

Well done one all three jobs, Del, but a specially extra loud WOOHOO! for the third one. That manager and her staff deserve a big medal for giving you the feedback you deserve. They sound great people to work with and for so I do hope they have you back many, many times! Go you! Go them! :D :D
If all is not lost, then where is it?
Toothy

Postby Del » Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:23 pm

Nope! I don't really get a say as to where I go. I mean I COULD but as I am unavailable with having Hayden every second weekend and Thursday nights are out too. (and thats not a bad thing... but those are the busy times). I am pretty easy going as to where I get sent. I feel a tiny bit miffed at times because I do get the hard jobs...securing the new clients, making budget for stores where you really have to target to get buyers in, that sort of thing. They tend to give the "easy" jobs to the spruikers who aren't as experienced. Fashion for instance is SO much fun.. .you can pull out outfits and show the customers how to put them together etc and upsell them on accessories.

I do get asked for alot. I should be more assertive and go where I like huh? Meh! At the end of the day most jobs are pretty much like the other. And lets face it... holding and securing every client (even the crappy ones) benefits everyone. I am just in a funk. It won't last forever.
Del

Postby michelanCello » Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:46 pm

Welcome back, Dotsie! :D
Listen.
michelanCello

Location: Budapest, Hungary (and yes, I'm sure it's Budapest, not Bucharest)

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:07 pm

Glad you had a great time despite the biters Dotsie - bet Muppet's glad to see you as well :D

If you're still motivated to do a good job without the feedback/compliment then it has to be sweeter when you do get some - give yourself a pat on the back Del ;)

In other news, our new pup's not going to be 'released' to us until next Thursday at the earliest as the rescue centre have some dogs with kennel cough and they don't let any go out until they're sure they're clear of the malady. Serena's not in the kennel where the lurgy's broken out so fingers (and paws) crossed that she'll stay well and we can pick her up at the end of the week. Feeling OK about that now as we were a little concerned that we hadn't heard from them as the home visit went well but they're obviously playing safe which is good all round. We also decided today that as she hasn't been around people too much that we'll alter her name slightly to Xena :P as Serena's a bit of a mouthful, but the new name sounds enough alike for her not to get too confused :lol:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby michelanCello » Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:52 pm

Xena? OK :lol: But it's not long now and she'll be with you :) Do we get to see pics? ;)
Listen.
michelanCello

Location: Budapest, Hungary (and yes, I'm sure it's Budapest, not Bucharest)

Postby janet » Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:10 pm

chris.ph wrote:
janet wrote:Golf: comedic definition: A good walk spoiled.

it was also what mark twain said about golf :ugeek:

Yep, that would be about right Chris :D :D

Jan....I'm so excited for you welcoming Xena into your family. She's beautiful :D
Doctorum Adamus cum Flabello Dulci
janet

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:48 pm

michelanCello wrote:Xena? OK :lol: But it's not long now and she'll be with you :) Do we get to see pics? ;)

Lots I expect :D
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Dotsie » Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:43 am

Del wrote:I am just in a funk. It won't last forever.

(((((((mwahmwahmwah))))))) Shame you can't do what I do to cheer up, which is read your posts. Sometimes I laugh so much, I'm glad I have a leather sofa. Um, at the funny posts that is, not at the posts where you say you're in a funk, hope that's clear ;)

Hope you get to bring Xena home soon Jan! :)
Last edited by Dotsie on Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dotsie

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum