What is your favourite TV-Series

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: What is your favourite TV-Series

Postby jessicat » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:18 pm

i am a fan of the new series, New Girl by zoeey Deschanel. it is a really tv series with a lot of comedy, action, drama to it that t really gets interesting to watch every episode. it really surprises me sometimes how the story develops becasue sometimes it gets too fast but i have watched every episode of it so far and i am really loving it! i hope i dont miss out on the episodes nce i get really busy and all. i hope that they have more seasons to come as they are a way better series than the rest i know who has been there far too long!LOL
jessicat

Postby Sister Jennifer » Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:12 am

Feck! Arse! Girls!

Father Ted!
Undead yes -
Unperson no!
Sister Jennifer

Postby author3 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:31 pm

jessicat wrote:i am a fan of the new series, New Girl by zoeey Deschanel. it is a really tv series with a lot of comedy, action, drama to it that t really gets interesting to watch every episode. it really surprises me sometimes how the story develops becasue sometimes it gets too fast but i have watched every episode of it so far and i am really loving it! i hope i dont miss out on the episodes nce i get really busy and all. i hope that they have more seasons to come as they are a way better series than the rest i know who has been there far too long!LOL

That show is pretty good but I've sadly only seen two episodes
Do you know the Buffy fan?The Buffy fan,the Buffy fan.Do you know the Buffy fan?The one who is extremely obsessed.
author3

Postby Imagineer » Thu May 03, 2012 6:03 pm

Thanks for all the list!

My favorites have the same dry wit as TP.

Northern Exposure
Black Adder
Mad Men
Dexter

Dry humour. MASH, Hogan's Heros

(Down on the list are 60 Minutes, 20/20, Frontline, Bill Moyers, Charlie Rose, Ellen Degeneres, Doctor Oz...)

(Dead Walking has terrible directing, too bad I didn't like Lost)

------------------------------------NORTHERN EXPOSURE................................

Northern Exposure takes place in a remote town in Alaska.

The Native Alaskans are normal people but the white people from Canada and the US are slighly insane. A few that are not-regulars are sometimes TRULY insane.

In one episode, the native people pelt the white townfolk with tomatoes.. The doctor (Joel) that is new to Alaska and hates everything abou it, is smacked one morning as he gets out of his truck, and the native that just gpt him with a big juicy one waves wIth a freindly "good morning Dr. Fleishman!" Joel enters the little grocery store, incredulous, and Ruth Anne (from Portland) answers him, "It's one day each year. It's the least we can do, considering ...

The music is really terrific. I highly recommend it just for that.

So many people like Firefly, but it doesn't make my top 20. I think other dry-wit shows are not as well written.. 2 1/2 Men. Thanks for the input for The X-Factor and Top Gear and all the rest.

.............................................Homer Simpson............................................

1. Suppose we've chosen the wrong God. Every time we go to church we're just making Him madder and madder.
2. Dear Mr. President, there are too many states nowadays. Please eliminate three. I am not a crackpot
3. And how is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?
4. To start press any key (reading screen). Where's the "any" key? I see Esc, Catarl, and Pig Up. There doesn't seem to be any "any" key. Wo! All this computer hacking is making me thirsty. I think I'll order a Tab. (presses TAB key).
5.Always remember that you're representing your country. I guess what I'm saying is, don't mess up France the way you messed up your room.
6.I tell ya. It's hard, tiring work. But when I see the smiles on their little faces... I just know they're getting ready to jab me with something
7. Look at all this great stuff I found at the Marina. It was just sitting in some guy's boat!
8.No! No-no-no-no-no-no! Well, yes
9.Aaah! Natural light! Get it off me! Get it off me!
10.Kids, kids. As far as Daddy's concerned, you're both potential murderers
11. If something goes wrong, blame the man that doesn't speak english
Albert Einstien
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
Imagineer

Postby Bouncy Castle » Fri May 04, 2012 10:32 am

The cast of TNG reunite for 25th Anniversary - 5 videos.

http://www.toplessrobot.com/2012/05/66_ ... eunion.php
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby Bouncy Castle » Tue May 22, 2012 8:50 am

Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

Bouncy Castle

Postby Bouncy Castle » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:23 am

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/news/a ... works.html

If the next Star Trek movie is a success, there maybe possibly a new TV series.

Bouncy Castle

Postby Penfold » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:39 am

I can't see the next one not being a success and I would really like to see a new series of Star Trek (as long as it doesn't turn out like 'Enterprise' with Scott Bakula).

The only tv series that has grabbed and held my attention of late is 'Game of Thrones'. :D
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.

Len Brook Photography
Penfold

Postby Tonyblack » Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:10 am

I liked Enterprise with Scott Bakula. :P
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Bouncy Castle » Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:37 am

So did I.

I had the hots for Doctor Phlox! :oops:

Bouncy Castle

Postby raptornx01 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:30 pm

Jadzia Dax will always be my number one ST crush. and it helped I find single braids sexy.
"The reason an author needs to know the rules of grammar isn't so he or she never breaks them, but so the author knows how to break them."
raptornx01

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:07 am

Tonyblack wrote:I liked Enterprise with Scott Bakula. :P

I thought it was worth watching filled a gap. :)
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Tonyblack » Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:12 am

The only thing I didn't like about about Enterprise was the bloody awful theme song. :lol:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby raptornx01 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:04 pm

Full version is better. :D

"The reason an author needs to know the rules of grammar isn't so he or she never breaks them, but so the author knows how to break them."
raptornx01

Postby CrysaniaMajere » Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:48 pm

Fact is, I liked the song, but I didn't like that they put it as the theme. It's got nothing 'star trek-y' about it, imo.
CrysaniaMajere

PreviousNext

Return to TV, film, theatre