The World Of Poo...*mini SPOILERS...ish*

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

The World Of Poo...*mini SPOILERS...ish*

Postby CJDobs » Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:58 pm

If a short tale about a subject that is - let's face it -not very pleasant to talk/think about can be considered charming, then The World of Poo is a real charmer.

'Tis short and easily read in one sitting (quite handy if you do adopt to read it whilst making use of your own in-door plumbing marvel that is the Water Closet....which I did - ahem...where's the blushing smiley... :oops: )...wrapped up tightly in a nice warm blanket of Discworld nostalgia, taking a stroll down memory lane to visit such favoured locales as the Sunshine Sanctuary for Sick Dragons or a gentle ride/sludge down the Ankh in Harry Kings boat for a jolly game of Poo sticks whilst dodging the 'dung from above', It's just a guilty little pleasure to treasure :P

I thoroughly enjoyed the 20 or so minutes I spent on this interesting and informative little 'output' (yes, it was a leg number ;) )....It's uninvasive in your life and doesn't worry about the hassle of a plot or a direction, it just sort of ...plops out as it goes along......excrement it is not.... :D

Worth a tenner, for the nostalgic moments, can't say I learnt a lot about 'poo' but can't say I really wanted to either. All in all, a pleasant little movement Terry squeezed out to supplement any Pratchett readers collection...it goes with 'Where's My Cow' and the Maps as a Discworld frivolity, it doesn't leave any bad odours and there's a certain amount of satisfaction that comes from completing it.... smiles all round really :D
"If you put butter and salt on it, it tastes like salty butter. "
CJDobs

Re: The World Of Poo...*mini SPOILERS...ish*

Postby =Tamar » Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:22 am

I can't wait any longer....
=Tamar

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:51 am

Don't forget to take the toilet paper with you. :lol:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby raisindot » Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:57 pm

CJ, what kind of paper does the book use? How would estimate its softness and absorbency? :D
raisindot

Postby The Mad Collector » Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:57 am

The paper is too stiff for comfort although it appears to be fairly absorbent :D

Interestingly the book doesn't claim to be written by Terry. I actually says Terry Pratchett presents The World of Poo and goes on to say 'assisted by Bernard and Isobel Pearson' who I suspect had a rather significant role in its production much like The Discworld Almanack which appears to be mainly by Bernard.
One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
The Mad Collector

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:33 pm

The forward had a line that made me laugh, it was just the thought of it that popped into my head,so it has got off to a good start for me. :mrgreen:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Willem » Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:36 pm

Was not impressed with this one.
Scientists are predicting the future will be much more futuristic than originally predicted
Willem

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:54 pm

It's not a book I would read twice, meathinks the Stout one had a large hand in the dialog. :o ;)
Who's Wee Dug

Postby The Mad Collector » Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:40 pm

Dug I think you'll find it was the stout one's wife and it was a bit more than a large hand ;)
One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
The Mad Collector

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:50 pm

Definitley a Bernard influnce there Mad. :mrgreen:
Who's Wee Dug

Return to Latest books