Conventions...

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Conventions...

Postby Bouncy Castle » Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:37 pm

No Raptor. You CANNOT have one!
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby raptornx01 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:44 pm

awwwww :(

and some reason i'm thinking hogfather, christmas eve and popcorn :lol:
"The reason an author needs to know the rules of grammar isn't so he or she never breaks them, but so the author knows how to break them."
raptornx01

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:34 pm

I shared a taxi with Jack Cohen and Jacqueline Simpson to the last Irish Discworld Con and had three wheelchair races with Jack and his partner Seph (Persephone) to and from the plane at Bristol and Shannon... :lol:

And Stephen Baxter made eye contact and smiled very nicely at me in the corridor at the 2010 Discworld Con in Birmingham. :lol:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Catch-up » Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:28 pm

I've only been to the two DW ones over here. Was very nervous about going to the first one, but had a blast at both! Years ago I wanted to go to a con in this area that had some of the cast of Xena. I really wanted to get an autograph from the actor who played Ares. No one would go with me though and I was too chicken to go on my own. Really kicked myself later because shortly after that he passed away. :(
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Previous

Return to TV, film, theatre