Metallica in Lego

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby poohbcarrot » Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:25 pm

Is that you Dotsie or Nick Kershaw? :lol:
"It's better to belong where you don't belong than not to belong where you used to belong,
remembering when you used to belong there"
-Sneebs
poohbcarrot

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:24 pm

Jason wrote:
Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit wrote:I am not able to watch anything that can't be viewed at 24kbps with my crappy isp.

I only saw Metallica once about 17 years ago and never was more appalled at the way they treat their audience, as in cutting off sales of beer and then spewing mouthfuls of it and pitchers of it onto their gleefull front row folks and telling the audience in no uncertain terms that they were nothing but wormfood and not worthy of the honor of watching them perform. I dislike them intensely as humans but a few of their songs merit some listening to. Lars Ulrich's claim that music downloading was stealing from him personally makes me like the idea more and more and I am dead set against stealing. I am sure the video is cute with legos, but I just despise the band and find them a waste of good oxygen, food and everything else they consume. :steps off soapbox:

I saw them in '89 on the And Justice Tour and later on the black album tour and a few years later at a big outdoor gig and every time they were entertaining. I've never heard them treat the crowd the way you describe. That is out of order. I think they went through a real bad patch though. James Hetfield went into rehab for a while and they released a couple of really bad albums. If you get chance to see the documentary Some Kind Of Monster it shows just how messed up and petty they became. The last couple of albums St Anger and Death Magnetic are while not up there with Master of Puppets are not bad.

I just remembered back in the days of Napster the drummer went on a personal rampage to sue anyone that downloaded any of his music. I know artists have a right to protect their income but it showed him up as a petty money grabbing little git.

ahh, I was so BLASTED by their Hatred of anything but themselves at that show that I allowed myself to be blinded to anything after that. Thank you for the information Jason. It helps to know a tad more. :) p.s. I Do like The Unforgiven III
Aha! So, Bob's yer uncle... very clever.
Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit

Location: Byron IL USA and The Quirm School for Young People ... it's genetic, you know

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:26 pm

poohbcarrot wrote:Is that you Dotsie or Nick Kershaw? :lol:

Bad Pooh Naughty Pooh... anyone can clearly see tis Pete Townsend. :twisted:

Sorry Dotsie, beautiful pic, just couldn't resist
Aha! So, Bob's yer uncle... very clever.
Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit

Location: Byron IL USA and The Quirm School for Young People ... it's genetic, you know

Postby Dotsie » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:03 pm

You cheeky pair you both need spanking! It was the 80's. All my friends looked like that 8)
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:46 am

In the hazy distant past my 1st big Rock gig was Pink Floyd at Stirling Unversity in 69 or was it 68. :lol: followed by Hawkwind later. but before that it was the Beatles and a lot of the sixtes groups. :)
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Previous

Return to TV, film, theatre