Terry and Rob on Twitter

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby Tonyblack » Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:50 pm

TiannaStarfall wrote:You can never fully delete your Facebook account though - that really annoyed me when I found out. I signed up, couldn't work out what the fuss was about and then removed all my info but couldn't delete my account. I have been thinking of just putting a link to my website there and leaving it at that.

You can - but it's not straightforward. I speak as someone who has accomplished the task. :wink:

Follow the link to get off your Face(book). :lol:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby bogieman » Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:57 am

Hmmmmm just joined twitter and can honestly say I don't like it or understand it. Facebook is fairly simple but this !!
bogieman

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:46 am

I manage to get get off it too and at the end they asked why, gave a list of options, then is it temporary and when are you coming back. :roll:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Tonyblack » Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:50 am

I don't honestly see me joining Twitter and I certainly won't go back to Facebook - I can be really stubborn when I want to. :lol:
Tonyblack

Postby Catch-up » Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:11 pm

I've avoided these things too. I had an old classmate contact me and try to get me to join Facebook with the lure that several of our other classmates are on it. I was half tempted to try before I thought, wait, they haven't bothered to try to contact me in any other way in XX years. If the only contact they're interested in having with me is sending silly jokes through Facebook, why bother? In fact after a few emails catching up with each other, I haven't heard from that 'friend' again. :roll:
Catch-up

Postby Tonyblack » Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:34 pm

Unfortunately that seems to happen a lot on the Internet. I've made lots of friends in various place and then they've just disappeared without a trace. :?

Thankfully the reverse is true to - and I've made lots of really good and close friends online as well. :wink:
Tonyblack

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:12 pm

Tonyblack wrote:Unfortunately that seems to happen a lot on the Internet. I've made lots of friends in various place and then they've just disappeared without a trace. :?

Thankfully the reverse is true to - and I've made lots of really good and close friends online as well. :wink:

Is my experience too - literary forums seem to attract like-minded people who like to think as well it seems! :D
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Re: Terry and Rob on Twitter

Postby spideyGirl » Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:41 pm

OH has said Terry's on Sky Arts channel at 7pm tonight for all those not bothered by the footie - heard it on twitter :D

Edit: Sky Arts 2 HD
spideyGirl

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:09 pm

I meant to watch that but got held up in the pub, if they had put the sound on the football I would have been out of there like a rat up a drainpipe. :lol: :mrgreen:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Bouncy Castle » Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:35 pm

Terry Pratchett ‏@terryandrob

We'll be in Trafalgar Square very shortly to, well, kick giant globes around. So much like home life of our own dear Queen, eh?

:clap: :lol:
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby Bouncy Castle » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:29 am

Dignity in Dying ‏@dignityindying

It's finally up! Bid in our auction to win DINNER for 2 with Sir Terry Pratchett in London & signed book http://bit.ly/KVcEfz @terryandrob

Retweeted by Terry Pratchett
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

Bouncy Castle

Postby Catch-up » Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:29 am

travel and accommodation costs are not included
Bummer.
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Bouncy Castle » Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:50 pm

May have to change the title of this thread to Terry and Rob and Neil Gaiman on Twitter!!

Neil Gaiman ‏@neilhimself

Why would Anne Rice be the closest author to Terry Pratchett (& me), while we do not show up anywhere on her page? http://www.literature-map.com/terry+pratchett.html

Bouncy Castle

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:10 pm

Really weird that :shock:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Catch-up » Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:25 pm

Hmmmm. When the map unscrambled for me, she was near Terry Pratchett, but not near Neil Gaiman. Not sure what that map is supposed to represent exactly. :|
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

PreviousNext

Return to Terry Pratchett