Terrypratchett.co.uk Member Map

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Terrypratchett.co.uk Member Map

Postby Del » Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:12 pm

raptornx01 wrote:If you zoom in there is a little orange man on the left hand side of the screen that you can grab with the mouse and place over parts of your town to see images. its not the full street view you might get in other places, but people can still catch a glimpse of what your area looks like.

Arent you clever! I never knew that. Thanks rap.
Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
Del

Postby raptornx01 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:03 pm

No prob :D

What you get out of it depends on the part of the world and how arsed google could be to actually photograph it. :lol:

"The reason an author needs to know the rules of grammar isn't so he or she never breaks them, but so the author knows how to break them."
raptornx01

Postby Tonyblack » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:15 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Penfold » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:23 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.
Penfold

Postby Del » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:26 am

:laughing-rolling: :laughing-rofl: Loved it. :lol:

Soooooooooooooo... none of you been on a five day continuous drive from one end of Australia to the other huh?

Oh yeah........... memories! :lol: :lol:
Del

Postby Natalya » Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:22 pm

raptornx01 wrote:If you zoom in there is a little orange man on the left hand side of the screen that you can grab with the mouse and place over parts of your town to see images. its not the full street view you might get in other places, but people can still catch a glimpse of what your area looks like.

Thank you, raptornx01! I really didn't know about such function! There are many photos of my town in this map :)
Best regards! :)
Natalya
Natalya

Postby raptornx01 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:39 pm

Very welcome. I saw the pictures, very nice place. :)

Del wrote::laughing-rolling: :laughing-rofl: Loved it. :lol:

Soooooooooooooo... none of you been on a five day continuous drive from one end of Australia to the other huh?

I thought about doing something like that here. would love to travel more. Especially going out west.
"The reason an author needs to know the rules of grammar isn't so he or she never breaks them, but so the author knows how to break them."
raptornx01

Postby Del » Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:44 am

raptornx01 wrote:Very welcome. I saw the pictures, very nice place. :)

Del wrote::laughing-rolling: :laughing-rofl: Loved it. :lol:

I thought about doing something like that here. would love to travel more. Especially going out west.

Happens when YOU live at one end of the country and the family live at the other :lol: Used to do it or the half trip four times a year or more.... then you realise that the air fares AND the hire of a car for a week at the destination IS better economy than the fuel and food for the trip in the car; not to mention the part of the trip where the damn road doesnt bend for a few hundred miles :shock: :shock: :shock: or the death wish roos and the emus leaping in front of your car!
Del

Postby Penfold » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:50 am

Del wrote:.....not to mention the part of the trip where the damn road doesnt bend for a few hundred miles :shock: :shock: :shock: or the death wish roos and the emus leaping in front of your car!

Not to mention 'The Giant, Angry, Killer Spiders From Hell' latching onto your windscreen with no petrol station in sight. :lol:
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.
Penfold

Postby Big Aggie » Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:42 pm

Thanks for the information raptornx01, I took the wee orange man for a walk from the edge of my town to my house, it was great, we even stopped a couple of times to let me see things close up. I didn't even need an umbrella! :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'll tak' yer heid aff, ya big pile o'jobbies.
Big Aggie

Postby Tonyblack » Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:29 pm

Big Aggie wrote:

Thanks for the information raptornx01, I took the wee orange man for a walk from the edge of my town to my house, it was great, we even stopped a couple of times to let me see things close up. I didn't even need an umbrella! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I've got a Google Streetview of my mum outside her house in Cardiff and my friend walking down a road in Glasgow. :lol:
Tonyblack

Postby Big Aggie » Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:43 pm

Tonyblack wrote:
Big Aggie wrote:

I've got a Google Streetview of my mum outside her house in Cardiff and my friend walking down a road in Glasgow. :lol:

What a happy coincidence for you Tony :D
I saw a bunch of my neighbours chatting in the street, but their faces were blurred out, yet other people I saw were not. :?
I'll tak' yer heid aff, ya big pile o'jobbies.
Big Aggie

Postby Tonyblack » Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:58 pm

Yes, the cases I saw had their faces blurred. ;)
Tonyblack

Postby raptornx01 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:33 pm

Yeah, i'm not sure what their standards are for who gets a blurry face and who doesn't. and i've seen pictures of groups of people standing outside with signs of various kinds calling out the street view guys. so i wonder if there is a way to find out if/when they are going to be in your area.

Del wrote:
Happens when YOU live at one end of the country and the family live at the other :lol: Used to do it or the half trip four times a year or more.... then you realise that the air fares AND the hire of a car for a week at the destination IS better economy than the fuel and food for the trip in the car; not to mention the part of the trip where the damn road doesnt bend for a few hundred miles :shock: :shock: :shock: or the death wish roos and the emus leaping in front of your car!

But think of the memories. :lol:

Thats making me think of National Lampoon's Vacation. Off to Wally World! :D
raptornx01

Postby janet » Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:09 pm

When I first started using Google Earth I had a look at our house. We have a big blue MPV which wasn't parked in its usual spot so I set about finding out where i was working on the day the photos were taken, checked on all the possibilities and found myself working in the next village :lol: :lol: :lol:
Doctorum Adamus cum Flabello Dulci
janet

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum