Eragon series

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Eragon series

Postby Tris » Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:15 am

In the movie? Yeah, that annoyed me, too. I forgot to put it in my post. A DRAGON DOES NOT GROW UP IN ABOUT 3-5 SECONDS!!!!!!!!! THE DRAGON BARELY LOOKED ACCEPTABLE!
Tris

Postby Tris » Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:59 pm

I hated that too, I don't expect them to make half the movie about Saphira growing, but a dragon simply doesn't grow up in 3 seconds. I still say, what were they thinking when they made Eragon blond?!!! And Arya... aren't her ears supposed to be pointed and elvish? The only character I liked, I think, was Brom. Better than the others, anyway.
Tris

Postby raptornx01 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:47 pm

I always pictured him as being blond. :?
"The reason an author needs to know the rules of grammar isn't so he or she never breaks them, but so the author knows how to break them."
raptornx01

Postby Tris » Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:04 pm

You did? I think the description in the book says he had brown hair... Here's proof:

"Physical appearance
Originally, Eragon was human of average height, intense brown eyes, dark thick eyebrows and brown hair. Eragon was described sometimes as smallish or more lithe than average. Roran described Eragon as having a slight build in Eldest. He attended the Blood-Oath Celebration in Ellesméra, where he was transfigured into an Elf/Human hybrid by the dragons' magic. His face became more angular, pale, and smooth. His eyes became slanted and his ears became pointed. His speed, strength, sight, touch, smell, hearing, and taste were all augmented to Elf-like sensitivity. He did retain some human qualities, including thicker cheek bones and the need to shave. Most importantly, he was completely healed of his accursed scar on his back.

After punching a soldier in a skirmish and dislocating his fingers, Eragon used magic to grow thick calluses on his knuckes, similar to the Dwarves' Ascûdgamln. This enabled him to punch hard objects with little or no consequence to his hands."

I copied this from http://inheritance.wikia.com/wiki/Erago ... appearance
Tris

Postby Nomad » Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:35 pm

The thing I didn't like about the movie, was that it seems that they are not going to make a sequel.
I like the books very much. I'm sometimes looking for books, that are about dragons. Maybe anyone has suggestions.
I haven't finished the fourth one. It's in English (my friend sent it to me) and a bit too hard for me to read. I read like hundred pages before I gave up. So I have to wait until Inheritance gets translated.
Nomad

Postby Tris » Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:43 am

Here's a book with dragons in it: DragonSpell by Donita K. Paul
Tris

Postby Nomad » Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:20 am

Tris wrote:Here's a book with dragons in it: DragonSpell by Donita K. Paul

Nomad

Previous

Return to Non-Discworld books