Good Omens.

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby mspanners » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:53 am

Well if the Yanks wanted to remove DEATH from mort what story would have been left?

And if the Studio wanted to pick up Reaper man that would have been severly abridged tale! :lol:
mspanners

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:28 am

Imaginary casting convo -

:evil: Production Companyman: Hey don't get us wrong! We think the Death character is a right-on guy - which is why we're currently in negotiation with Mr. Gibson's people...

8) TP PR guy: Wow! Hey that's wonderful! Mel with the Ultimate Lethal Weapon - love it! Inspired! Sorry I'm interrupting... what were you saying about the wardrobe problems?

:evil: : We're getting feedback from Mr. Gibson's agent - he's a devout catholic y'know and there is a slight problem with the cloak - it's far to dark for a character who they think is more angel than a creature of nightmares... Plus Mel doesn't do black much as you may have noticed - well not so much since Hamlet anyway...

8) : Oh... but I loved him in Hamlet! And in Braveheart. Weeeell we don't have to be married to the black - how about a nice midnight blue? Deep purple? Hey! What about a nice wicked deep blood red!??

:evil: : No! No!! No!!! No dark colors and especially no red!

8) : No red? Why ever not - Mel'd look gorgeous in red - how about a nice burgundy then? What???

:evil: : *apoplectic* Are you kidding!! The guy's a nightmare when he's on the sauce! Watch my lips - no alcohol whatsoever OK!

8) : *going a bright Rioja colour* OK! OK!! I get the point... - but I meant the colour! Like erm... clar... umm... maroon

:evil: : No red, man! Capisch? Oy! No color at all - he wants white OK!? *wheedles* So when he does the thing with the blade it's gonna look wunnnnnderful with all the gore and blood see? Plus it'll look really cute if it gets cut up a bit and the wimmin get little glimpses of the pecs and the malibu tanned face when he tosses the hood back and does that thing with his curls swaying - FAB! I can really see this, man - he'll get that big box office pull back again...

8) : *shaking head and looking puzzled* But the scythe doesn't go anyway near people's bodies - it cuts the soul away from the body... *looks even more confused* And as for white and tossing hoods back - he's gonna be masked up so you won't get the dramatic contrast between the ivory of the skull and the cloak - and there can't be any tan. Gods I hate talking to these LA movie airheads

:evil: : *goes white with fury* Hey! You think we're puttin' Mel Gibson in a MASK you know-it-all g*ddamn pansy - he's a farm hand ... for the love of Pete - save me from smartarse Brits!

8) : *back to the Rioja...* He's a bloody skeleton for f*cks sake! And anyway the actual character's features are CGI surely - and so's the action sequences! Mel's just doing the f*cking voice-sync surely?

:evil: : *so angry he's hissing* Hey! This is a class production - *dripping venom* buddy And anyway Disney has an unbreakable contract on his voice talents. What the hell d'you mean Death's a skeleton - he's like a noble warrior! A ronin! An Action Hero you dumbass!

8) : ........... F*cking hell! He's the Grim Reaper you moron - not a f*cking combine harvester driver...

and so on :lol:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Tonyblack » Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:02 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: You'd think you must have actually been there. :wink:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Bouncy Castle » Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:21 pm

Oh, you have to be kidding?
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby poohbcarrot » Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:02 pm

Well done smarty knickers! V. funny!:lol:
"It's better to belong where you don't belong than not to belong where you used to belong,
remembering when you used to belong there"
-Sneebs
poohbcarrot

Postby Batty » Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:58 pm

Image Image
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby chris.ph » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:10 pm

thats a short one for you jan, funny tho :lol:
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:00 pm

And, Quite Spot On. Good Gel there. :lol:
Aha! So, Bob's yer uncle... very clever.
Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit

Location: Byron IL USA and The Quirm School for Young People ... it's genetic, you know

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:34 pm

Very good :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
HUMANS NEED FANTASY TO BE HUMAN. TO BE THE PLACE WHERE THE FALLING ANGEL MEETS THE RISING APE.
Sjoerd3000

Postby Catch-up » Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:56 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Good one!

Well, aren't they supposed to be doing Wee Free Men right now? It will be interesting to see how that goes.
Catch-up

Postby bikkit » Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:39 am

Terry canceled it, i think

I'm going to need a swat team, ready to mobilize, street maps covering the whole of florida, a pot of coffee, 12 jammy dodgers and A FEZ.
bikkit

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:39 am

Too right he cancelled it - the sad thing is it possibly did happen something like that. Probably not with the Mel Gibson parts though... :oops:

Sorry Mel - the devil made me do it! :twisted:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby thelibrarian » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:01 am

Witch from Lancre wrote:Gillingham did get his hands onto this fabulous book but every year there was a reason he didn't make the film. Thankfully, after all these wasted years TP has it back in his hands and he was dropping hints about it being made a few years ago when he got it back but I haven't heard a word about this since.

This report was in 2002 http://www.smart.co.uk/dreams/gofact.htm

Does anybody know what happened to the big production of Wee Free Men that was being made in the US. The film was cast and ready to start being filmed but along came all the strikes and again I haven't heard any more about it.

The cast has now vanished from this 2006 site http://www.themovieinsider.com/m3264/wee-free-men/

There is still a listing for Wee Free Men on imdb.com with a 2010 release date, but you have to be a pro member in order to see any details. Is that just a throw back to the Sam Raimi version?
thelibrarian

Postby bikkit » Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:01 am

we seem to hav gone a leetle off topic

I'm going to need a swat team, ready to mobilize, street maps covering the whole of florida, a pot of coffee, 12 jammy dodgers and A FEZ.
bikkit

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:10 am

Neat little script that Jan. :)
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Discworld books