Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Disney buys Marvel

Postby Catch-up » Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:24 pm

Story here.

Pretty interesting!
Catch-up

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:28 pm

OMG! :shock:

Quick - where's Captain America or the Fantastic Four (Five or is it Six now?)? BATMAN! INCREDIBLE HULK!! Save us from the Evil Empire!!! :shock: :evil: :shock: :evil:

*Hyperventilates* OMG OMG - does this mean the Caped Crusader will lose Robin to Hannah Montana :shock:
Last edited by Jan Van Quirm on Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Catch-up » Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:39 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Catch-up

Postby Exp. Date, the rat » Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:35 am

One thing that they did say was that Dinsey was loosing a lot of men and boys since the emphasis was on Hanna and the Jonas Bros. How better to do that than some all american comic book heros!!!
A legal Feegle? How could there be such a thing?
Today I feel like I am soaring like a tortoise!
Exp. Date, the rat

Postby Catch-up » Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:00 pm

Which implies that they'd be incorporating some of this into the parks, don't you think? Certainly they could just rake in the money from owning the rights. How weird would it be to have a meet & greet with Wolverine in Disney World?! :shock: :lol: But then, I suffered a real disconnect when they put Star Wars and Indiana Jones in, and now they just seem to fit as if they've always been there. Like I said, should be interesting!
Catch-up

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:31 pm

oh dear. nothing good can come from this. they should stop being pedophilic arses and making childrens lives pure hell using them up then throwing them aside, and just make some good movies.
Aha! So, Bob's yer uncle... very clever.
Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit

Location: Byron IL USA and The Quirm School for Young People ... it's genetic, you know

Postby Catch-up » Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:47 pm

:shock: Wow! How do you really feel Tina? :lol:

Honestly though, can't say I see that at all. :? I can understand where the movies and/or the parks aren't some people's cup of tea, but I don't agree there's any basis for an accusation that ugly.

My wallet however... they most certainly use that up and throw it aside! :lol:
Catch-up

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:08 pm

I do not base it on the parks, I love Disneyworld, and my Dad worshipped Walt and raised us on Disney cartoons in the theater and Disney every Sunday night on Television.

I base it on the way they have ruined children's lives by using them up in the music industry and the Disney channel and not regulating how much these kids are abused by the industry. Have you really watched Disney TV? They make these children appear to be sex objects and portray them as the same. I see nothing wrong with cartoons, I grew up loving them and raised my children the same way.

I apologise if I offended you, but at least look at what I said with an open mind.

Location: Byron IL USA and The Quirm School for Young People ... it's genetic, you know

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:16 pm

p.s. Other than my rant on how the band Metallica treats their fans, I do not usually have such strong feelings. After watching the way Disney portrayed Britney Spears and other young women, and then allowed the world to "have their way with them" not teaching these children any self esteem aside from their body or voice, I find that appalling. Beat me up if you wish, like I said, Walt was good, he was a visionary, I think the "caretakers" of his dream have fallen short.

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:28 pm

Can someone find out if Catchup is still mad at me... :oops:

Postby Tonyblack » Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:35 pm

Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit wrote:Can someone find out if Catchup is still mad at me... :oops:
I think she was surprised rather than angry. :wink:

I'm sure she isn't. :D
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Catch-up » Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:16 am

I'm not mad at you Tina!! I would never be mad about something like this. Promise! I just had problems following your comments, that's all. Now that I've read your follow ups I understand where you were coming from. Although, I do have to say that I think Britney Spears did the sex symbol thing on her own, after she was no longer affiliated with Disney. As for her life taking a nose dive, I think that's far more her parents and her own responsibility than Disney's. And, yeah, I'm sorry to say that my oldest is now getting into Hannah Montana and The Wizards of Waverly Place - which might drive me nuts. But those girls definitely aren't in revealing clothes. They are in unbelievably hideous clothes, but that's another issue altogether. :lol:

Hugs Tina! :D
Catch-up

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:03 pm

:Hugs: Back atcha, I hope the Con is great for you guys. I am sure that they will do some kewl stuff with Marvel, I think it is too bad that they could not support the company any longer themselves... I like autonomy. :shrug:

Postby chris.ph » Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:06 pm

little ole billy rays daughter is the richest teen on the planet and her father gives her pocket money as the last time she went on a spending spree she spent $20000 so old achy breaky took her credit card off her :lol: :lol:
christina aquilera seems tobe doing ok but britney spears did most of it to herself to much money to young
i dont personally think its disneys fault per say but they do have to teach these child stars responsibility for there own actions just look at maucauley caulkin he ent right off the rails but now he has less money he seems tobe working and acting quite well
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Catch-up » Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:25 pm

The Hannah Montana thing is unbelievably huge! :shock:
Catch-up

Next

Return to TV, film, theatre