The Long Earth - countdown

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

The Long Earth - countdown

Postby Tonyblack » Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:34 am

The official release date is the 21st June in the UK. That's just over two weeks away. :D

Where will you get your copy and when?

Has anybody ever read anything by Stephen Baxter before? Is it any good? :?

I'll probably take a trip to Tesco on the release date and get a copy from there.
Look, you've got it all wrong! You don't NEED to follow ME, You don't NEED to follow ANYBODY! You've got to think for your selves! You're ALL individuals!
Yes! We're all individuals!
Tonyblack
Site Admin

Re: The Long Earth - countdown

Postby Penfold » Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:42 am

I have read "Flood" (thank you Sjoerd) and found it enjoyable. I haven't read his other stuff tho. :D
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.

Len Brook Photography Website

Len Brook Fine Art Prints For Sale @ Photo4me.com
Penfold

Postby pip » Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:42 am

Pre ordered the Yank hard back from the Book Depository for 15 euro. Its cheaper than the english version , looks the same but has rough cut edges which i always like in a book :D
'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby Tonyblack » Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:47 am

The cheapest I've found it for so far is £9,87 with free delivery from Amazon.co.uk

It seems to be out on June 19th in the US. I've preordered a copy for Sharlene for $14.48, but you usually pay for postage in the US.
Look, you've got it all wrong! You don't NEED to follow ME, You don't NEED to follow ANYBODY! You've got to think for your selves! You're ALL individuals!
Tonyblack
Site Admin

Postby pip » Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:49 am

Tonyblack wrote:The cheapest I've found it for so far is £9,87 with free delivery from Amazon.co.uk

It seems to be out on June 19th in the US. I've preordered a copy for Sharlene for $14.48, but you usually pay for postage in the US.

Can't get free delivery from amazon for sales less than £25 to Ireland so the cost was working out to about 19 euro for me so went with the cheaper option :D
'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby Tonyblack » Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:56 am

Does Play.com do free delivery to Ireland? It's £10.99 there. :)
Tonyblack
Site Admin

Postby pip » Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:59 am

Play does free delivery but its showing as 17.49 euro . Conversion sounds a tad off .
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby Tonyblack » Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:01 am

Spoiler: show
Of course, if you got it for Kindle, delivery would be free . . . but don't tell Bouncy.
:shhh:
Tonyblack
Site Admin

Postby pip » Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:02 am

Tonyblack wrote:
Of course, if you got it for Kindle, delivery would be free . . . but don't tell Bouncy.
:shhh:

Probably have to spend the hundred and ten euro for a Kindle then though :roll: :lol:
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby Tonyblack » Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:05 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Tonyblack
Site Admin

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:05 am

Tonyblack wrote:The official release date is the 21st June in the UK. That's just over two weeks away. :D

I'll probably take a trip to Tesco on the release date and get a copy from there.

Some of his used SF ones go for serious amounts of money.

I have ordered both Poo and long Earth from PJSM so I won't get them for about 3 weeks at the least.
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:08 am

pip wrote:
Tonyblack wrote:The cheapest I've found it for so far is £9,87 with free delivery from Amazon.co.uk

Can't get free delivery from amazon for sales less than £25 to Ireland so the cost was working out to about 19 euro for me so went with the cheaper option :D

If you ordered the Poo one as well would that qualify you for the free postage Pip.
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby pip » Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:33 am

Who's Wee Dug wrote:
pip wrote:

If you ordered the Poo one as well would that qualify you for the free postage Pip.

Nope . still under the total and i'm not bothered on the Pooh one .
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:07 am

Tonyblack wrote:The official release date is the 21st June in the UK. That's just over two weeks away. :D

I have read a book he wrote with Arthur C. Clarke, can't remember the title but it was good ;)
Getting an education was a bit like a communicable sexual disease. It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on.
Sjoerd3000

Postby Tonyblack » Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:22 am

Looks like it was a trilogy - Time Odyssey Trilogy? :? (Time's Eye, Sunstorm and Firstborn). :)
Tonyblack
Site Admin

Next

Return to Latest books