More Sky films about Discworld?

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

More Sky films about Discworld?

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:00 pm

Purloined from the other site.

Seventh paragraph is the most interesting.

http://www.c21media.net/news/detail.asp ... icle=51618

He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby bikkit » Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:51 am

YAY YAY YAY! Movie! :D

I'm going to need a swat team, ready to mobilize, street maps covering the whole of florida, a pot of coffee, 12 jammy dodgers and A FEZ.
bikkit

Postby Cheery » Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:33 am

I do hope they could do Guards Guards or something like that once. Would be quite something :D
Cheery

Postby bikkit » Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:21 am

I'd like to see Thud and... must...stop...typing...aargh..too hard...

THEIF OF TIME ... there, I said it

I'm going to need a swat team, ready to mobilize, street maps covering the whole of florida, a pot of coffee, 12 jammy dodgers and A FEZ.
bikkit

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:15 am

I think the next one will probaly be a Rincewind story if David Jason is available. I hope however they will make Guards! Guards! :D
A poster outside one shop urged people to Dig For Victory, as if it were some kind of turnip.
Sjoerd3000

Postby Cheery » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:20 am

Sjoerd3000 wrote:I think the next one will probaly be a Rincewind story if David Jason is available. I hope however they will make Guards! Guards! :D

Well, I don't think they'll do two films about the same character yet. It seems that they like to switch characters.
Cheery

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:27 am

Cheery wrote:
Sjoerd3000 wrote:I think the next one will probaly be a Rincewind story if David Jason is available. I hope however they will make Guards! Guards! :D

Well, I don't think they'll do two films about the same character yet. It seems that they like to switch characters.

As far as I know they were planning to make Sourcery with DAvid Jason again as Rincewind but because of scheduling conflicts Jason was unavailable to play him so instead they made Going Postal. So it could be that if Jason is available now they will make Sourcery
A poster outside one shop urged people to Dig For Victory, as if it were some kind of turnip.
Sjoerd3000

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:57 am

Going Postal was an easier film to make ie not so expensive in the way of special effects needed.
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:40 pm

Who's Wee Dug wrote:Going Postal was an easier film to make ie not so expensive in the way of special effects needed.

Well that is maybe the main reason :lol: If the dragon isn´t to expensive they can do Guards! Guards! :D
Sjoerd3000

Postby Bouncy Castle » Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:20 pm

Perhaps they could borrow the dragon from Merlin?

No. Just a thought.......... :wink:
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby bikkit » Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:39 pm

Did you notice that the dragon scene was ALWAYS the same, running a bit like this: Shot of Merlin coming in
Shot of dragon
Merlin
Dragon saying somthing about destiny
Merlin saying somthing to the contrary
Dragon being angry
Merlin being angry
End of scene

bikkit

sad but true

Postby mran6ry » Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:00 pm

come on everyone lets just admit it! even though we dont want to, even though we have a dry chuckle and a wry smile when we watch them. the films are not really that good...

i really want them to be, i wanted davd jason to be good. i wanted the rest of the world to experience the TP world with the joy and laughte that i have but..

there a bit crap i dont think it works, its either a) directed badly or b) does not work with this meduim..

coments??
i firmly belive in judging no one until they eventually prove they are an arsehole
mran6ry

Postby Tonyblack » Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:18 pm

Well they don't match up to my imagination of the books and I don't think anything will ever do that no matter who makes them and how much is spent.

But - there's a lot of effort been made to get the right feel and to try to stick to the storyline as much as possible and to that degree they've done well.

I'm a big Bernard Cornwell fan and frankly, some of the liberties that were taken in making the Sharpe TV series are just awful. Bernard sold the rights and had very little control over the making. Terry at least is working with the production company. :)
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Bouncy Castle » Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:14 am

I've always thought the Discworld stories would be better in cartoon version, than live action.

No limits to the special effects in cartoons, and no chance of the "actors" getting hurt!!
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby Tonyblack » Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:33 am

Bouncy Castle wrote:I've always thought the Discworld stories would be better in cartoon version, than live action.

No limits to the special effects in cartoons, and no chance of the "actors" getting hurt!!
They did make two cartoons of the books - Soul Music and Wyrd Sisters. They also seem to have started making Reaper Man and you can see a bit of it HERE.
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Next

Return to TV, film, theatre