EUROS 2012 Pick The Score Competition Sign Up

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: EUROS 2012 Pick The Score Competition Sign Up

Postby poohcarrot » Mon May 14, 2012 2:23 pm

He's already got a 4 game ban for his second red of the season. The attack on Kun will get him another ban, and what he wrote on twitter will get him yet another ban (probably). I reckon he's looking at 6 months altogether. He's finished! :twisted:
"Disliking Carrot would be like kicking a puppy."
"You kicked a puppy," Lobsang said accusingly.
User avatar
poohcarrot
Member
 
Posts: 10425
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:11 pm
Location: NOT The land of the risen Son!!

Re: EUROS 2012 Pick The Score Competition Sign Up

Postby Batty » Mon May 14, 2012 2:24 pm

Personally, I think the police should arrest and charge Barton with assault, following the kick to Aguero as he was dismissed.
As Barton was shown the red card before kicking Aguero (from behind), there is no reason why the police can't get involved.

Barton could then join a family member in jail, who is also serving time for assault.
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
User avatar
Batty
Member
 
Posts: 4654
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:03 pm
Location: East Anglia

Re: EUROS 2012 Pick The Score Competition Sign Up

Postby Batty » Mon May 14, 2012 2:26 pm

poohcarrot wrote:He's already got a 4 game ban for his second red of the season. The attack on Kun will get him another ban, and what he wrote on twitter will get him yet another ban (probably). I reckon he's looking at 6 months altogether. He's finished! :twisted:

And no doubt whilst serving the ban, he'll still get paid a decent salary. He should be dismissed by the club for bringing the club into disrepute.
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
User avatar
Batty
Member
 
Posts: 4654
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:03 pm
Location: East Anglia

Re: EUROS 2012 Pick The Score Competition Sign Up

Postby poohcarrot » Mon May 14, 2012 2:30 pm

I reckon he will be! :twisted:
"Disliking Carrot would be like kicking a puppy."
"You kicked a puppy," Lobsang said accusingly.
User avatar
poohcarrot
Member
 
Posts: 10425
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:11 pm
Location: NOT The land of the risen Son!!

Re: EUROS 2012 Pick The Score Competition Sign Up

Postby pip » Mon May 14, 2012 2:49 pm

If they do it will probably be for next season to be honest. Any punishment will probably be fines and a player suspension though.
What an idiot though.
'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
User avatar
pip
Member
 
Posts: 9378
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:20 am
Location: KILDARE

Re: EUROS 2012 Pick The Score Competition Sign Up

Postby Penfold » Mon May 14, 2012 3:13 pm

poohcarrot wrote:He's already got a 4 game ban for his second red of the season. The attack on Kun will get him another ban, and what he wrote on twitter will get him yet another ban (probably). I reckon he's looking at 6 months altogether. He's finished! :twisted:

He effectively cost Man U the title because I think QPR might have been able to hold on if they had all eleven players on the pitch. :)
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.
User avatar
Penfold
Member
 
Posts: 7045
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:59 am
Location: Worthing

Re: EUROS 2012 Pick The Score Competition Sign Up

Postby pip » Mon May 14, 2012 3:39 pm

Penfold wrote:
poohcarrot wrote:He's already got a 4 game ban for his second red of the season. The attack on Kun will get him another ban, and what he wrote on twitter will get him yet another ban (probably). I reckon he's looking at 6 months altogether. He's finished! :twisted:

He effectively cost Man U the title because I think QPR might have been able to hold on if they had all eleven players on the pitch. :)

Oddly i disagree . I think QPR defended more because of the red card and held city off for longer because of it. The red card helped QPR more than city
'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
User avatar
pip
Member
 
Posts: 9378
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:20 am
Location: KILDARE

Re: EUROS 2012 Pick The Score Competition Sign Up

Postby Batty » Mon May 14, 2012 6:10 pm

pip wrote:Oddly i disagree . I think QPR defended more because of the red card and held city off for longer because of it. The red card helped QPR more than city

If Bolton had won, then QPR would have been relegated.
Barton let his club and the fans down, by not being a part of the team that needed a win, to ensure they avoided relegation, and leave QPR's fate in their own hands.

As it turned out, Bolton drew, which kept QPR up. It's a shame, 'cause I prefer Bolton to QPR any day of the week!
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
User avatar
Batty
Member
 
Posts: 4654
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:03 pm
Location: East Anglia

Re: EUROS 2012 Pick The Score Competition Sign Up

Postby RJH » Mon May 14, 2012 7:24 pm

i'm in :)
RJH
 

Re: EUROS 2012 Pick The Score Competition Sign Up

Postby Bickaxe » Mon May 14, 2012 8:42 pm

I'm in too.

And if I win, I insist the Man utd shirt goes to whoever finishes bottom :twisted:


Well done Man City :D
Fiendish til the en-
:twisted:
User avatar
Bickaxe
Member
 
Posts: 600
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:05 pm
Location: Newport

Re: EUROS 2012 Pick The Score Competition Sign Up

Postby Penfold » Mon May 14, 2012 9:58 pm

Surely it should go to whoever finishes second? :twisted:
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.
User avatar
Penfold
Member
 
Posts: 7045
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:59 am
Location: Worthing

Re: EUROS 2012 Pick The Score Competition Sign Up

Postby poohcarrot » Mon May 14, 2012 10:30 pm

The winner is at liberty to whatever they want with the shirt.

You can burn it, give it away, or wear it to the DW Con for all I care. It's your shirt. :dance:
"Disliking Carrot would be like kicking a puppy."
"You kicked a puppy," Lobsang said accusingly.
User avatar
poohcarrot
Member
 
Posts: 10425
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:11 pm
Location: NOT The land of the risen Son!!

Re: EUROS 2012 Pick The Score Competition Sign Up

Postby Bickaxe » Sat May 19, 2012 1:03 am

Penfold wrote:Surely it should go to whoever finishes second? :twisted:


True. But there is some irony in that cheats never prosper. Deliberately doing badly will not save you from getting a Man Utd shirt (cheat masters)
Fiendish til the en-
:twisted:
User avatar
Bickaxe
Member
 
Posts: 600
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:05 pm
Location: Newport

Re: EUROS 2012 Pick The Score Competition Sign Up

Postby Penfold » Sun May 20, 2012 12:31 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.
User avatar
Penfold
Member
 
Posts: 7045
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:59 am
Location: Worthing

Re: EUROS 2012 Pick The Score Competition Sign Up

Postby poohcarrot » Wed May 23, 2012 5:37 am

Just to get you in the mood, here are the top ten goals from Europe this season. :dance:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog ... -2011-2012
"Disliking Carrot would be like kicking a puppy."
"You kicked a puppy," Lobsang said accusingly.
User avatar
poohcarrot
Member
 
Posts: 10425
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:11 pm
Location: NOT The land of the risen Son!!

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Discworld books

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests